When it comes to organizing all your things, there is no one correct way of doing it. While there are a few general rules and precautions to take into consideration—like storing in a cool, dark environment—overall, the right unfinished planter box depends on your taste and preference.
These are the picks the pros use, recommended to us by experts.
List of 10 unfinished planter box : Our top picks
1. Wood Rectangle Unfinished Planter Box w/ Plastic Liner H-4″ Open-17″ x 5″ (Multiple Packing) – Pack of 6 – Wedding, Event and Home Decor
- Dimension: H-4″, Open 17″ X 5″ | Removable Plastic Liner is Included
- Packing: Pack of 2, 6 and 12 pcs | Color: Unfinished Light Brown
- MATERIAL: Rectangular Succulent Planter Box is made of paulownia wood with rustic farmhouse distressed finish. This Wood Window Box doesnâ€t come with drain holes and the plastic liner can protect it from leaking water.
- USE: This rectangle wood planter is perfect for succulents, small plants, cactus, air plants, both fresh flowers and silk flowers. You can also use it as storage organizer, mason jar containers or put some fillers such as potpourri for home decor.
- DECORATIVE: The wood box is perfect for farm style home decoration, it looks perfect on a console table, in the kitchen or dining room , this rustic accents design makes it perfect for farmhouse aesthetics.
2. Gronomics RPB 18 – 48 18-Inch by 48-Inch by 19-Inch Rustic Planter Box, Unfinished
- Tool-free assembly
- Handcrafted in the u.s.a.
- Constructed from 100-percent western red cedar
- Rough Sawn Rustic Look; 9-Inch in Depth
- Slides together in minutes
Additional Info :
3. PolyStone Milan Tall Modern Outdoor/Indoor Rectangular Trough Planter, 46″ W x 19″ H, Lightweight, Heavy Duty, Weather Resistant, Polymer Finish, Commercial and Residential (Slate Gray)
- SUPERIOR DESIGN: Our modern, large-scale Milan plant pot combines geometric silhouettes with organic texture to compliment any minimalist aesthetic. Place on your deck, courtyard, veranda, balcony, kitchen window, patio, or front porch. Premium industrial-grade planter perfect for business or residential use.
- LIGHTWEIGHT AND DURABLE: PolyStone Planters are made like no other on the market today! Our innovative long garden containers are handcrafted of three distinct eco-friendly layers which provide extreme durability. With the substantial appearance of cast-stone or concrete, even the largest sizes of our planters are surprisingly lightweight and easy to handle.
- WEATHER RESISTANT: Our polymer finish is scientifically made for the outdoors, resists UV light, freeze-thaw, salt spray, and a wide variety of weather conditions. Finish never cracks, color never fades, season after season.
- FEATURES/DIMENSIONS: 46L x 17W x 19H tall planter equipped with drainage holes and exit channels. Suitable for indoor or outdoor use. Due to pre-drilled drainage holes, faux plants are recommended for indoor use.
- MADE IN THE USA: Handmade in the USA by an experienced team of craftspeople and backed by a 3-year limited warranty on workmanship and weather resistance
Additional Info :
4. Veradek Metallic Series Galvanized Steel Medium Indoor/Outdoor Span Planter (30″ H x 10″ W x 38″ L, Black)
- GARDEN DECOR: Decorate your space with the Metallic Span Planter; Whether you use it as a patio, deck or for the front entrance, this rectangular planter box is the perfect fit with its sharp and modern appeal
- METAL PLANT BOX: This contemporary planter pot is made from a fully seam welded, thick gauge powder coated galvanized steel with a furniture quality finish which makes it scratch resistant
- DIMENSIONS: These modern pots measure 30 Inches in height, 10 Inches in width and 38 Inches in length
- REMOVABLE INSERT SHELF: This plant container comes equipped with a removable shelf, providing the versatility of fully filling the planter with soil or using an interchangeable plant insert; It also includes an optional drainage hole and riser feet
- WEATHER RESISTANT: This crack resistant planter pot—equipped with styrofoam insulation—is designed to withstand any kind of weather and to help ensure that the plants stay insulated in winters and do not dry during the summers
Additional Info :
5. Boldly Growing Wooden Raised Planter Box with Legs – Large Elevated Outdoor Patio Cedar Garden Bed Kit to Grow Herbs and Vegetables – Unmatched Strength Lasts Years, Natural Rot-Resistant Wood
- UNMATCHED STRENGTH AND RELIABILITY: Our log garden planter boxes are strong enough to hold more than 1,000 pounds! The mortise and tenon joints hold all of the load and the thick log rails won’t bow or warp over time. The side panels use a tongue and groove joint to hold the soil where it’s supposed to be – inside your planter. Do not let a lower quality planter ruin your hard work.
- 100% ROT-RESISTANT NATURAL, UNTREATED WOOD: Our log planters are made of no paint, non-toxic fir, also known as Yellow Cedar for its outstanding rot resistance while still being light enough to ship to you. It will arrive with checking, or cracks in the rails that naturally occur in all log furniture and will develop a beautiful, rustic barn-board gray patina over the first season if left untreated.
- FAST ASSEMBLY WITH JUST A SCREWDRIVER: Put it together by hand, and then use screws to hold the tenons in place. That’s it! Others will try to cut costs by using unfinished boards, but we’ve sanded everything smooth to protect your hands. These look great on your balcony, patio, porch or any other outdoor space.
- SUPERIOR DEPTH, LINER INCLUDED: Our prefabricated bottom is super strong and drops in place in seconds. Slots and a fabric liner let your planter drain while keeping the dirt inside. These heavy-duty planters are 10″ deep — deeper than any competitors! Others use thinner, floating sections for the bottom and shallow planting depth. These often fail soon after planting, leaving all your hard work and home-grown plants and veggies on the ground rather than in the planter where they belong.
- 1 YEAR WARRANTY: To ensure your satisfaction and the product’s performance there is a manufacturer’s warranty on the product for one year. This warranty offers a full replacement or refund if your planter fails while in use. It does not cover aging and weathering over time or cracks in the wood, as these are to be expected with all unfinished log planters. PRODUCT DIMENSIONS: 44.7” (L) by 23.2” (W) x 33.5” (H) and holds 5 cubic feet of soil.
Additional Info :
|Color||Unfinished / Natural|
6. Cedar Raised Planter Box with Legs – Elevated Wood Raised Garden Bed Kit – Grow Herbs and Vegetables Outdoors – Naturally Rot-Resistant – Unmatched Strength Lasts Years (4×2) by Boldly Growing
- NATURAL, UNFINISHED WOOD: Product looks great as-is, or finish planter box to your own liking
- STURDY HEAVY-DUTY DESIGN: This beautiful elevated garden bench planter is sturdier than any of the competition and is the perfect addition to any space
- STRONG, ROT-RESISTANT YELLOW CEDAR: Easily supports the weight of soil, water, and plants without breaking! Makes an excellent herb planter
- PRODUCT DIMENSIONS: 48” (L) by 24” (W) x 33” (H) and holds 5 cubic feet of soil total
- 1 YEAR WARRANTY: To ensure your satisfaction and the product’s performance there is a manufacturer’s warranty on the product for one year. This warranty offers a full replacement or refund if your planter fails while in use. It does not cover aging and weathering over time or cracks in the wood, as these are to be expected with all unfinished planters.
Additional Info :
7. Chia Pet Bob Ross with Seed Pack, Decorative Pottery Planter, Easy to Do and Fun to Grow, Novelty Gift, Perfect for Any Occasion
- EVERYTHING YOU NEED IN ONE: Includes a unique pottery planter, convenient plastic drip tray and chia seed packets for 3 plantings.
- FULL GROWTH 1-2 WEEKS: In just a few short weeks your chia pet will achieve maximum growth and enjoy a luscious green coat. Each Chia Pet contains a simple 6 step care instruction on how to grow your creation.
- MULTIPLE USES: Chia Planters can be washed and replanted indefinitely. The fun never stops with ch-ch-ch-chia pets!
- GREAT GIFT FOR ANY OCCASION: Chia Pets are the perfect and affordable gift for any budget. Both kids and adults will love to watch chia planters sprout and develop into a hilarious creation.
- THE CHIA COLLECTION: The variety is endless! Chia Pets come in all different shapes and sizes including your favorite presidents, actors, emojis, and even movie characters. Watch your collection keep growing!
Additional Info :
8. Best Choice Products Set of 2 48in Wood Planter Box & Diamond Lattice Trellis, Mobile Outdoor Raised Garden Bed for Climbing Plants w/Drainage Holes, Optional Wheels – Walnut
- SET OF 2: Two identical planters doubles your decorating opportunities; grow decorative plants in one and climbing fruits and vegetables in the other!
- DIAMOND LATTICE: A 38-inch trellis is woven in a tight, diamond pattern to provide structural support and plenty of space for climbing plants
- PLANTER BOX: Fill the 10-inch deep box with your favorite potted plants and a water-resistant liner (not included) or a fresh soil bed thanks to built-in drainage holes
- OPTIONAL WHEELS: A set of 4 included wheels can easily attach for added mobility and come with two locks for stability
- DURABLE MATERIALS: Naturally weather-resistant fir wood comes with a rich walnut finish for added durability and style; OVERALL DIMENSIONS: 25.1″(L) x 11″(W) x 48″(H); Weight Capacity: 50 lbs.
Additional Info :
9. Wooden Planter Box, Rustic Barn Wood, Plastic Liner, Garden Decor, Restaurant and Wedding Decorations, Wedding Bouquets, Table Centerpiece, Rectangle, 12 x 4 Inches, (Rectangular), (Set of 4)
- MULTI PACK – Each Set includes 4 individual planter boxes with plastic liner
- Each box is 12 inches long, 4 inches wide, 4 inches tall
- BARN WOOD – Each planter box is made of wood
Additional Info :
10. Best Choice Products 48x24x30in Raised Garden Bed, Elevated Wood Planter Box Stand for Backyard, Patio, Balcony w/Bed Liner, 200lb Capacity
- LARGE PLANTING SPACE: Designed with a long bed space (SKY2383 5 CuFt/ SKY6377 2.65 CuFT) deep enough to provide your plants and vegetables with ample room to breathe and grow healthy
- PROPER DRAINAGE: Allows excess water to drain out, keeping soil fresh and protecting plants from waterlogging or mineral buildup
- ALL-WOOD CONSTRUCTION: Naturally durable Chinese fir wood provides a water- and weather-resistant structure that discourage warps and sagging over time
- ERGONOMIC HEIGHT: The 30-inch tall design reduces excessive bending and kneeling to help preserve your back and knees as you tend to your balcony, deck, or patio garden
- RAISED GARDEN BED LINER: Separates wood from the soil, keeping the wooden garden planter in excellent condition and discouraging weeds and animals from interfering with plant growth; (Note: Only available for SKY2383 & SKY6377); OVERALL DIMENSIONS: 48.5″(L) x 23″(W) x 30″(H); Weight Capacity: 200 lbs.
Additional Info :
Buying Guide to Choose the Best unfinished planter box
unfinished planter box often takes more time to ship because many are assembled to order. Also, some gift baskets can only be shipped and delivered during the week due to the inclusion of perishables. Be sure to check processing and shipping times before ordering to ensure they’ll get there in time. If you’re ordering something that includes more delicate items, like cupcakes, you should be aware that they could get damaged (visually) in transport.
The unfinished planter box come in all shapes and sizes, but you’ll definitely want to read the “What’s Included” list carefully. Some gift baskets are super niche—all cheese or all nuts, for example—and others include a variety of items with a theme—like breakfast treats. Decide whether you’d rather gift someone larger quantities of a favorite food/drink or give them a wide selection to sample.
The boxes tend to be expensive because they include many expertly curated items. If you’re on a budget, look for smaller gift baskets that curate a singular type of item—fruit or chocolate, perhaps. But, if you have a larger budget, you may be able to select a gift basket with a variety of items, including tea, cheese, and other specialty goods. Consider how much you would pay for the individual items in the basket and then factor in the convenience of a pre-packaged selection, the presentation, and the uniqueness of the items (maybe the basket includes specialty items you can’t find easily elsewhere).
Techgearlab started our packability testing by measuring the actual dimensions of every model. They evaluated the diversity of objects they could fit inside and considered the efficiency of their overall size vs. capacity. We jammed them to the brim and then tried to find specific objects buried within. We tested lids and latches, considering their effectiveness and ease of use. We also took into account the optional sizes and colors in which each bin can be purchased.
To test each model’s versatility, we stacked them (if we could) in as many places as possible to see where they work best. We put them on garage shelves and closet tops, sliding them under beds and into cuboid living room shelves. And though the aesthetic appeal of anything is very subjective, we also evaluated their general look and where they’re best suited to “living.”
Testing this metric involved a lot of toting around full bins. We checked handles for placement, comfort, and security. We considered the box’s dimensions for easy carrying downstairs and through doorways. And we scrutinized how gracefully each could handle a load of seriously heavy books.
What Features Should You Look for in a unfinished planter box?
The selection of bins at The Bruins Blog offers convenient features that make storage and organization a breeze. Features include:
- Latching functionality – Add an extra layer of security to contents stowed inside with a latching lid. Enjoy peace of mind that the contents of the unfinished planter box will not spill during transport.
- Decorative embellishments – If your unfinished planter box is going to stay out in the open and be seen by employees or guests, look into the sleek and presentable designs, materials, and colors available at Staples.
- Transparent walls – When you have many identical unfinished planter box in close proximity and need to see the contents inside, look for boxes with transparent walls. The clear plastic construction makes it easier to find supplies without removing everything first.
- Collapsible construction – Collapsible boxes fold up for compact storage when not in use. When you have intermittent storage needs, these boxes can be easily hidden away without taking up much space at all.
- Open-top design – When you require constant and quick access to the contents inside, look or open-top storage bins. These boxes have no lids, but what they sacrifice in security they make up in sheer convenience.
- Locking mechanism – Some unfinished planter box contain locking mechanisms for secure storage of private or sensitive documents and materials.
- Soft material – For storing kids’ toys or pet toys, storage boxes made from fabric and other soft materials have no hard or sharp edges.
- Airtight lid – Airtight options are great for keeping contents from oxidizing, from old documents or belongings to perishables like snacks for the office.
- Handles – Small and medium boxes that will be moved around often benefit from handles for easy transport.
- Wheels – Some larger bins and totes feature smooth-rolling casters for easy mobility so you can rearrange the storage containers at will with no lifting necessary.
- Stackable – Store multiple bins easily, neatly, and efficiently with boxes that feature flat bottoms or notches that fit into indents in sister storage bins.
What to Consider to buy unfinished planter box
Before you choose a unfinished planter box for storing or moving your belongings, you’ll want to consider these factors:
- What will you be storing? Are the items fragile or easily broken? Will the contents easily absorb odors? How valuable are these items?
- Where will you be storing this stuff? Will you be storing inside your home in a closet where your stuff will stay cool and dry or inside your garage or attic, where they might be exposed to high temps and humidity? Do you plan to use an indoor storage unit, which can offer good protection against the elements?
- How long will you be storing? Will this be temporary storage that’s part of a move or remodeling project or long-term storage?
- How often will you need access? Will you be using these items occasionally, so you’d want easier access than something used just once a year or less?
Once you’re clear about these factors, you’re ready to consider the different types of storage boxes. While these range in price and quality, it’s important to choose boxes or containers that are appropriate for specific use.