That’s why we rounded up the top 10 steel plant box selections, recommended by experts and professionals. Read on to discover our favorite products.
There are lots of benefits to using a perfect organizer beyond simply taming clutter.
Ahead, we’ve curated a list of the best steel plant box on the market because it’s about time you give your most beloved baubles the nice home that they deserve. Keep scrolling for our curated list of favorites.
Best steel plant box For Organizing Your Favorite Pieces
1. 2-Pack 6.75-in Steel Window Box Brackets
Additional Info :
2. FOYUEE Galvanized Raised Garden Beds for Vegetables Large Metal Planter Box Steel Kit Flower Herb, 8x4x1ft
- ✔ SIZE: 96”(L) x 48”(W) x 12”(H), provide extra large growing space to raise vegetables, herbs, flowers and plants
- ✔ DURABLE: Made of stable thickened galvanized metal, strengthen crossbar with anti-rusty coating for long-time use
- ✔ OPEN BOTTOM: Sits on the ground garden bed, provide good drainage, keep weeds away from soil, defense against pests, and protect your plants
- ✔ SAFETY: Bottomless design, plants didn’t touch the metal and eco-friendly coating do not contaminate soil, safe for plants and humans
- ✔ EASY SETUP: Only need about 5min and easy to put it together, go ahead to raise the plants
Additional Info :
3. LEMONDA Raised Garden Bed,Elevated Galvanized Steel Planter Box with Legs,Standing Planter Container for Outdoor Patio Flower Fruit Herb Vegetable Growing
- Ergonomic: Elevated raised planter box with supporting legs don’t need to bend over for easy convenient gardening, quite suitable for those who don’t want or can’t bend down to do gardening.
- Large Inside Space: This Lemonda gardening bed provides ample growing space, 6 inch deep enough to raise your plants herbs, flowers and vegetables to breathe and grow healthy. Overall Size(LxWxH): 60x27x45 cm / 23.62×10.63×17.72 inch. Planting Box(LxWxH): 60x27x15 cm / 23.62×10.63×5.91 inch
- Drainage: There are 3 holes on the bottom which allows excess water to drain out, could keep soil fresh and prevent waterlogging, used to help plants breathe freely, make healthy condition and grow better.
- Solid Construction: Made of stable galvanized steel with anti-rusty coating, reinforced sustainment on the 4 corners, very durable and solid, unlike wood which may rot. It can be placed outdoors or indoors for long time use.
- Versatile Design: Multifunctional planting stand, can be used for plants, flowers, fresh herbs, vegetables and fruit. Adds decor to any part of your home, you’ll have your own small garden in backyard. Perfect for placing on the balcony, patio, porch and deck.
Additional Info :
4. Hold It Mate Planter Box Outdoor Hanging Brackets – Mounting Rail Hanger Kit for Large Plastic and Resin Plant Holders on a Balcony Deck Porch and Garden Fences
- PATENTED FLEXIBLE TRANSPORTABLE SOLUTION – Adjustable Planter Stand. Can Be Moved Around Anywhere Up High or Down Low on the House or Apartment Balcony Railings. Planter Box Brackets in Unique Clamp Design
- MULTIFUNCTIONAL FLOWER BOX HOLDER – Planter Hanging Brackets. Suitable for Plastic or Resin Ledge Planter Tray up to 42″ Long (36″ Kit) & 6 3/4″ Wide. Houseplant Holder Stand for Decor Balcony Planters
- NEAR UNIVERSAL FIT PLANTER BOX BRACKETS – Connects to Vertical Rail or Fence in Aluminum, Wood, PVC, Vinyl, Trex, Recycled or Wrought Iron. Fits Round, Square or Twisted 0.5″ to 1.5″ Thick Spinders & Balusters
- FAST CLEAN NO DAMAGE INSTALLATION – Decorative & Easy to Mount. No Extra Tools Needed. Over Balcony Planter Holder for Multiple Plants. Holds Up to 35 lbs. Looks Perfect on Every Front Banister
- TOP QUALITY DURABLE STAINLESS STEEL – Powder Coated Outside Deck Accessory with Stainless Steel Hardware. Sturdy Heavy Duty Multi Plant Hanger Stand. Long Life & Beauty for Your Balcony Railing
Additional Info :
5. Veradek Metallic Series Corten Steel Rectangular Window Box Planter
- GARDEN DECOR: Decorate your space with the Corten Steel Window Box Planter; Whether you use it as a patio, entrance or railing accent, this rectangular planter box is the perfect fit with its sharp and modern appeal
- METAL PLANT BOX: This rustic trough planter pot is made from a fully seam welded, thick gauge corten steel which arrives in it’s bare steel unrusted state; It will then develop a beautiful rust patina naturally over time
- OPTIONAL DRAINAGE HOLE: This plant container has a drainage hole and plug seal to drive out excess water
- DIMENSIONS: These modern pots measure 9 Inches in height, 9 Inches in width, and 36 Inches in length
- WEATHER RESISTANT: This crack resistant planter pot—equipped with styrofoam insulation—is designed to withstand any kind of weather
Additional Info :
6. CASTLECREEK Planter Box, Raised Garden Bed, Galvanized Steel L-Shaped for Outdoor Backyard Gardening, Herb, Vegetable Garden, Flowers
- PLANTER BOX – The L-shaped metal planter can be used as a raised garden bed which allows you to control soil content and drainage. A great way to grow flowers, veggies and herbs
- STEEL – The plant and flower box is made from heavy-duty steel. Steel lasts longer than wood and plastic planters which rot and break down in the sun
- DURABLE – The galvanized steel construction of the outdoor planter has a powder-coated anti-rust finish. Ideal for use as deck box, outdoor patio box and herb planter
- OPEN FLOOR – The lightweight and strong metal bed has an open floor design which helps to encourage deep root growth
- MODULAR DESIGN – The garden box has a modular design. Buy multiple planter boxes and fit them together to make larger planters
Additional Info :
7. 4 Pack Hanging Railing Planters Flower Pot Holders Plant Iron Racks Fence Metal Potted Stand Mounted Balcony Round Plant Baskets Shelf Container Box for Indoor&Outdoor Use-Black,Garden Steel Pots,6.3″
- Material:Iron,Anti-rust coating on the surface of metal potted flower stand.Hanging plant stand adds a decorative touch,and creates a sturdy support for your potted plants.Please check the SIZE in details carefully before you place your order,thank you.
- Desin:Elegant and artistic round shape,easy to hang on balcony fence,our flower pot rack holder is a masterpiece of art for home and garden decor organizer as a decorative flower rack holder.
- Thickened entire flower pot holder,strengthen the bearing weight capacity,more durable than the ordinary fence flower pot hangers,not easy to be bent or broken.
- Dimension:top dia. 6.3 inches;bottom dia. 5.12 inches;height:3.54 inches;Hook openning measures:2.37 inches.Flower pot stand is matched with your potted plants and flowers to bring fresh air to your entrance,office,bedroom or dining area for your home.
- Elegant and Artistic touch:Great for patio,porch,balcony,garden,rail,fence and more.Add a unique appeal.Any concerns, please feel free to contact us.
Additional Info :
8. Achla Designs C-08 Small, Green Galvanized Steel Window Flower Box
- CLASSIC WINDOWBOX STYLE- These rectangular flower boxes have a rolled edge, embossed lines and a simple classic style. Drainage holes are provided for direct planting flowers, herbs, and edibles.
- VARIETY OF SIZE AND FINISH OPTIONS- In three sizes, Small (22″L x 6″W x 5″H) Medium (24″L x 9.5″W x 7.5″H) and Large (35.5″L x 11″W x 9.5″D) to fit any window or railing application. Three Patina Finish options- whitewashed Cape Cod White for the coastal garden, stormy Nantucket Blue, classic garden Green, as well as a Copper Plated Finish. Copper Flower Boxes will develop warm natural patina over time that is a perfect complement to green foliage
- MOUNTING OPTIONS-COORDINATING HARDWARE is available for mounting all size boxes. For Small Flower Boxes, use our Achla Designs Wall Mounted Bracket SFB-01 or Handrail Brackets, BGK-13/14. Also fits in our Achla Designs Tabletop Folding Stand CWI-01 for decks or patios.
- ADD CURB APPEAL-Nothing creates a more welcoming façade than colorful and lush plantings! Give your entry, upper windows, porch railings or balcony a lift with a windowbox garden.
- CONTAINER GARDENING- Flower Boxes can go anywhere you want to garden in containers. Mount them on deck or porch handrails, use in stands on patio or deck surfaces. Grow a variety of interesting flowers, sculptural succulents, herbs and leafy salad greens for cutting, compact veggies, even strawberries.
Additional Info :
9. Giantex Raised Garden Bed, Elevated Planter, Metal Plant Box with Legs, Standing Garden Stand,Drainage Holes, Vegetables and Flowers Growing Container for Indoor and Outdoor Use (40″ Lx13 Wx31.5 H)
- Two Holes at the Bottom– There are two holes on the bottom which could used to let the plants breathe freely. And it could help plants to grow better and have healthy condition.
- Large Inside Space–This Giantex garden bed has spacious inside space , and could contain many plants, cost-effective and durable.
- Easy to Assemble– This product has straight forward illustrations and descriptions. Every screw and pin has its own code and easy to understand the assemble progress.
- Multifunctional Usage– This Giantex garden bed has multifunctional usage for plants, flowers and fresh herbs, vegetables and fruit. It could let you have your own small garden in backyard.
- Solid Construction– Thick steel panel and there is reinforced sustainment on the 4 corners, the frame follows the scientific principle, and has tough iron pipe frame, which makes this product more stable and solid.
Additional Info :
10. Quictent 4×3×1 Ft Extra-Thick Galvanized Steel Raised Garden Bed Planter Kit Box with Greenhouse 2 Large Zipper Windows Dual Use, 20pcs T-Types Tags & 1 Pair of Gloves Included (Green)
- √【Dual Use Raised Bed】Use the raised garden bed and greenhouse together to keep plants warm and growing in winter and spring. Or move the greenhouse to keep other small plants to grow, do as your need. Give you more freedom to use these two parts and more cost-effective it will be.
- √【Extra-thick Reinforced Galvanized Steel】— 0.5mm thickness galvanized side, 1.0mm galvanized sheet for corner, 11.8inch in height, perfect size with extra-thick steel, stable for using at least 5 years.
- √【Eco-friendly Galvanized Paint】— Use eco-friendly galvanized paint, efficiently prevent rust; And with the advanced dark grey, the most popular color, give your garden more beauty. Also never worry about that dogs and rain damage the wood garden bed; galvanized steel garden bed provides lasting use and no discoloration.
- √【2 Huge Zipper Window, Easy to Vent and Water】— One zipper window on each side, completely vent in Spring and Summer, let more sunlight in, provide easy access to your plant and allows air flowing through on hot days, and easy to water them from two sides. Transparent reinforced PE Cover, 100% waterproof, transparent cover can get 85% of the sunlight through, protect your plant, also keep warm in Winter.
- √【5 Years Warranty Provided】— 5 years warranty for raised garden bed part, 1-year warranty for greenhouse cover, and lifetime replacement for greenhouse connectors.
Additional Info :
Buying Guide to Choose the Best steel plant box
steel plant box often takes more time to ship because many are assembled to order. Also, some gift baskets can only be shipped and delivered during the week due to the inclusion of perishables. Be sure to check processing and shipping times before ordering to ensure they’ll get there in time. If you’re ordering something that includes more delicate items, like cupcakes, you should be aware that they could get damaged (visually) in transport.
The steel plant box come in all shapes and sizes, but you’ll definitely want to read the “What’s Included” list carefully. Some gift baskets are super niche—all cheese or all nuts, for example—and others include a variety of items with a theme—like breakfast treats. Decide whether you’d rather gift someone larger quantities of a favorite food/drink or give them a wide selection to sample.
The boxes tend to be expensive because they include many expertly curated items. If you’re on a budget, look for smaller gift baskets that curate a singular type of item—fruit or chocolate, perhaps. But, if you have a larger budget, you may be able to select a gift basket with a variety of items, including tea, cheese, and other specialty goods. Consider how much you would pay for the individual items in the basket and then factor in the convenience of a pre-packaged selection, the presentation, and the uniqueness of the items (maybe the basket includes specialty items you can’t find easily elsewhere).
Techgearlab started our packability testing by measuring the actual dimensions of every model. They evaluated the diversity of objects they could fit inside and considered the efficiency of their overall size vs. capacity. We jammed them to the brim and then tried to find specific objects buried within. We tested lids and latches, considering their effectiveness and ease of use. We also took into account the optional sizes and colors in which each bin can be purchased.
To test each model’s versatility, we stacked them (if we could) in as many places as possible to see where they work best. We put them on garage shelves and closet tops, sliding them under beds and into cuboid living room shelves. And though the aesthetic appeal of anything is very subjective, we also evaluated their general look and where they’re best suited to “living.”
Testing this metric involved a lot of toting around full bins. We checked handles for placement, comfort, and security. We considered the box’s dimensions for easy carrying downstairs and through doorways. And we scrutinized how gracefully each could handle a load of seriously heavy books.
What Features Should You Look for in a steel plant box?
The selection of bins at The Bruins Blog offers convenient features that make storage and organization a breeze. Features include:
- Latching functionality – Add an extra layer of security to contents stowed inside with a latching lid. Enjoy peace of mind that the contents of the steel plant box will not spill during transport.
- Decorative embellishments – If your steel plant box is going to stay out in the open and be seen by employees or guests, look into the sleek and presentable designs, materials, and colors available at Staples.
- Transparent walls – When you have many identical steel plant box in close proximity and need to see the contents inside, look for boxes with transparent walls. The clear plastic construction makes it easier to find supplies without removing everything first.
- Collapsible construction – Collapsible boxes fold up for compact storage when not in use. When you have intermittent storage needs, these boxes can be easily hidden away without taking up much space at all.
- Open-top design – When you require constant and quick access to the contents inside, look or open-top storage bins. These boxes have no lids, but what they sacrifice in security they make up in sheer convenience.
- Locking mechanism – Some steel plant box contain locking mechanisms for secure storage of private or sensitive documents and materials.
- Soft material – For storing kids’ toys or pet toys, storage boxes made from fabric and other soft materials have no hard or sharp edges.
- Airtight lid – Airtight options are great for keeping contents from oxidizing, from old documents or belongings to perishables like snacks for the office.
- Handles – Small and medium boxes that will be moved around often benefit from handles for easy transport.
- Wheels – Some larger bins and totes feature smooth-rolling casters for easy mobility so you can rearrange the storage containers at will with no lifting necessary.
- Stackable – Store multiple bins easily, neatly, and efficiently with boxes that feature flat bottoms or notches that fit into indents in sister storage bins.
What to Consider to buy steel plant box
Before you choose a steel plant box for storing or moving your belongings, you’ll want to consider these factors:
- What will you be storing? Are the items fragile or easily broken? Will the contents easily absorb odors? How valuable are these items?
- Where will you be storing this stuff? Will you be storing inside your home in a closet where your stuff will stay cool and dry or inside your garage or attic, where they might be exposed to high temps and humidity? Do you plan to use an indoor storage unit, which can offer good protection against the elements?
- How long will you be storing? Will this be temporary storage that’s part of a move or remodeling project or long-term storage?
- How often will you need access? Will you be using these items occasionally, so you’d want easier access than something used just once a year or less?
Once you’re clear about these factors, you’re ready to consider the different types of storage boxes. While these range in price and quality, it’s important to choose boxes or containers that are appropriate for specific use.