When it comes to organizing all your things, there is no one correct way of doing it. While there are a few general rules and precautions to take into consideration—like storing in a cool, dark environment—overall, the right small raised planter box depends on your taste and preference.
These are the picks the pros use, recommended to us by experts.
List of 10 small raised planter box : Our top picks
1. Yaheetech 34x18x30in 2 Tiers Raised Garden Bed Planter Box with Legs & Storage Shelf Wooden Elevated Vegetable Growing Bed for Flower/Herb/Backyard/Patio/Balcony
- NATURAL: Our planting bed is made of 100% natural wood. The wood is finely polished, with a smooth surface and no burrs.
- STRONG & STABLE: Reinforced wooden bars are added at the bottom to enhance the stability of the elevated garden bed.
- DRAINAGE HOLES: Thanks to these holes at the board, they maintain good ventilation and drainage, conducive to plant roots breathing.
- EXTRA STORAGE SPACE: The bottom shelf provides extra storage space for garden tools, keeping tools and small flowerpots handy.
- NICE-LOOKING GARDENING ACCESSORY: The natural color makes your garden and greenhouse more original and healthy, and its natural wood grain on the boards bring a rustic and natural style to your garden.
Additional Info :
2. ProGard Raised Garden Bed, Garden Raised Planter Box with Legs, Galvanized Garden Planter for Herbs and Vegetables (24″ Grey)
- Stylish :Ideally for herbs and veggies, space-saving and lovely appearance, full of Children’s naiveness and fun.
- Material: Made of stable galvanized steel raised garden bed with a rust-resistant and eco-friendly coating, not made of wood that may corrode.Able to withstand the storm and heavy rain for year-round use.
- Drainage system:The bottom plate with two diagonal cross diversion funnel design, conducive to air circulation and water-logging,Protects against snails,also the flower pots can be placed directly on the bed.
- Widely Use: Perfectly use on porch,patio,bacony and deck,suitable for whom start to learn gardening.
- Safety:Non sharp on edges,Floor-protecting plastic foot caps included.
Additional Info :
3. Gardener’s Supply Company Raised Garden Bed Elevated Cedar Planter Box | 2′ x 8′ Heavy Duty Standing Garden Planters for Outdoor Plant Vegetables & Flower Gardening Perfect for Patio, Lawn & Backyard
- PRODUCT DETAILS: Made from a beautiful naturally rot-resistant cedar lumber with heavy duty rustproof aluminum legs and corners that can hold approximately 13 cubic feet (340 dry quarts) of container mix. At 29″ high, this attractive planter is the perfect height for easy growing, eliminating the need to stoop, bend, kneel and reach. Perfect for your deck, patio or backyard.
- BEST USE FOR: Perfect Bed Planters to grow your own organic Vegetables, Fruits and Flowers. Our Planter Raised Bed has an overall size of 96″ L x 24″ W x 29″ H, 10 inches deep and 16 square feet of growing space to accommodate and grow your favorite plants, herbs and vegetables organically. Perfect gardening box for your greenhouse and garden.
- HIGH QUALITY: MADE IN THE USA. Our Heavy Duty Patio Planter Bed is innovatively design to cater your gardening needs and solve problems for people with backache/knee pain to easily manage the plants without bending down low with its ergonomic height design. Built with high quality cedar wood paired with heavy duty rust proof metal stand and corner to ensure stability and built to last.
- EASY TO USE: Our Planter Raised Bed is easy to maintain and can be assemble in few minutes. Simply attached the wood in the metal stand and secured with the screws included. Easy Install and can be disassembled for off-season storage. SPECIAL BONUS – Includes free planting guide”
- GARDEN TESTED & GUARANTEED: Every purchase you make is 100% guaranteed. We will exchange or refund your purchase for any product that is not what you expected or does not work as described during its lifetime.
Additional Info :
4. 4FT Raised Garden Bed Wooden Elevated Planter Box Outdoor Solid Wood Planter Garden Box Kit with Legs for Vegetable Flower Herb Gardening Backyard Patio, Easy Assembly, 30in Height
- 【Natural Solid Wood】 Designed with 4ft length raised garden bed, provide spacious growing space for your plants and vegetables. Made of fir wood, more solid and stable, allow you to add some much-needed flora to your patio or deck
- 【Backache Friendly Design】30 inches tall, this elevated wooden planter box with legs is better for you to manage the plants without bending down, also helps to keep rabbits from eating your product. Polished solid wood surface prevents scratches from wood chips
- 【An Urban Touch】 This elevated garden bed kit with legs perfect for indoor outdoor grow decorative and edible plants practically anywhere, such as vegetables, flowers, herbs for your patio backyard, garden and greenhouse
- 【Drainage System】Raised garden box outdoor equipped with many drainage holes, allow excess water to drain, keep soil fresh and prevent plants from over-watering.
- 【Easy to Assemble】: Includes step by step instructions, parts & hardware, just tighten the screws, easy to put your raised flower bed together. If any issues, please feel free to contact us .
Additional Info :
5. Jumbl Raised Canadian Cedar Garden Bed | Elevated Wood Planter for Growing Fresh Herbs, Vegetables, Flowers, Succulents & Other Plants at Home | Great for Outdoor Patio, Deck, Balcony | 34x18x30”
- GROW A GORGEOUS HERB GARDEN | Elevated Outdoor Planter Offers Beautiful, Practical Design for Growing Your Favorite Herbs, Veggies, Fruits, Flowers & Other Vegetation Above Ground | A Stunning Accompaniment to Any Small Space!
- 100% ROT-RESISTANT RED CEDAR | Reap a Bountiful Crop Season After Season! | High-Grade Cedar Wood Resists Weather-Related Damage, Won’t Warp, Shrink or Swell in High Humidity & Features Unique Red Coloring
- COMFORTABLE RAISED DESIGN | A Healthy Choice for Gardeners with Bad Backs, Muscle Strain, Spinal Ailments & Chronic Pain | Upright Styling Alleviates Stress & Tension from Legs, Knees, Neck, Shoulders, Spine, Lower & Upper Lumbar, Etc.
- SUPER SIMPLE ASSEMBLY & SETUP | Set Includes Step-by-Step Instructions, Parts & Hardware—No Tools Required! | Just Fill with Soil, Seeds or Starter Plants & Place in Sunny Location
- SMART SOLUTION FOR LIMITED SPACE | Grow Rosemary, Mint, Cilantro, Thyme, Parsley, Oregano, Lavender & Other Floral/Herbal Favorites Anywhere | Standing Garden Comes in  Sizes for Patios, Apartment Balconies, Fire Escapes & Beyond!
Additional Info :
6. LAZYLAND Garden Bed Metal Elevated Raised Planter Box with Legs Outdoor Metal Planter Box 2 Wheels&Storage Shelf for Vegetables Flower Herb Patio
- 【Strong Galvanized Steel Material】Made of stable galvanized steel raised garden bed with anti-rusty coating, not made of wood which may rot. It can place outside or indoor for long time use.
- 【Moving Garden Castle】Elevated raised planter box with legs eliminates the need to bend over, making gardening convenient. Raised garden bed on wheels, move to anywhere you want, and has a convenient shelf to hold pots, accessories or tools.
- 【Prevent Rot】There is a drainage hole in the middle of the garden bed to allow excess water to flow out, preventing root rot and over-saturation, while keeping the soil fresh
- 【Easy to Assemble】Space saving standing planter only need about 5min and easy to put it together, go ahead to raise the plants
- 【Customer Service】If you encounter problems during assembly or use, please contact us, we will reply you within 24 hours
Additional Info :
7. Land Guard Galvanized Raised Garden Bed Kit, Galvanized Planter Raised Garden Boxes Outdoor, Round Large Metal Raised Garden Beds for Vegetables………
- Professional standard garden bed size: Each 2×2×1ft, 3.14cubic feet, you can grow vegetables, fruits, flowers, herbs and other plants in courtyards, yards, gardens and greenhouses.
- Upgraded quality and structure: raised garden beds outdoor are made of Q195 galvanized metal sheet, double-layer anti-corrosion galvanizing and oval structure design, which is more beautiful, can withstand greater pressure at the interface, is not easy to loose, and the interface will not Deformed and can be reused for many years.
- Open base: This galvanized raised garden beds for vegetables large metal planter box is designed with an open base, which can effectively avoid water accumulation and decay, protect the roots of plants, and allow the roots to better absorb nutrients
- Easy to set up, this raised garden bed metal galvanized only takes about 5 minutes to easily assemble and continue planting plants.
- What You Get:Double thickness: The average thickness of this galvanized planter galvanized sheet reaches 0.78mm, and the thickest part can reach 1.56mm, which is extremely stable. Compared with the ordinary rectangular elevated garden bed with a thickness of 0.3mm, it will be the right choice for you. buy it! ! ! Land Guard galvanized raised garden bed worry-free 18-month warranty, and friendly customer service.This warranty offers a full replacement or refund if your planter fails while in use.
Additional Info :
8. MIXC Raised Garden Bed with Legs, Metal Elevated Outdoor Planter Box for Backyard & Patio, Large Planter for Outdoor Plants ,Black
- 【Sturdy Design Garden box 】Compared to other products, square iron table legs are designed instead of the L-shaped table legs in the MIXC raised garden bed, which can provide more sufficient support and not easy to break down. The flower box weight capacity up to 185 lbs, bottom partition can support 90 lbs.
- [Larger size, more plants] 40.6*18.7*31 inches overall, planting box. 8.3 inches deep, holds about 3.5 cubic feet of soil. Compared to other similar products, the MIXC garden bed provides more ample growing space for vegetables, herbs, flowers and plants. Can be placed outdoors for extended use.
- 【Garden Bed Everywhere 】This raised garden bed has two smooth wheels on one side and a handle on the other, making it easy to move the herb planter wherever you like. Fixed hooks on the side allow you to hang ready-to-use garden tools.
- 【Easy to Assemble & Drainage System 】With clear installation guide attached, it takes less than 30 min to install this Planter Box . There are hollow drain hole and drainage lines in the center and corners of the bed that can be turned on or off as needed to completely control watering.
- 【What You Get】One standard size garden bed + 4 Detachable black hook + Installation guide, MIXC worry-free 24-month warranty, and friendly customer service
Additional Info :
9. zizin Large Raised Garden Bed Kit 8x4x1FT Outdoor Galvanized Rustproof Bottomless Metal Planter Box for Vegetables, Beige
- Size: 8x4x1 ft, large plants, longer pot box, providing more growth space for more plants
- Structural optimization: the support structure of the column is improved, the cross bar is strengthened, the connection of the planting bed is consolidated, and the stability is greatly improved
- Easy assembly: updated and replaced screw specifications to prevent screw leakage, which can also be purchased in local shops nearby. Easy to assemble
- Strong and durable: the thickened and strengthened aluminum alloy material can easily support the pressure of the mound, prevent deformation and be durable
- Transparent bottom: provide a good drainage system to protect plants. You can choose any position to plant according to your needs
Additional Info :
10. LEMONDA Raised Garden Bed,Elevated Galvanized Steel Planter Box with Legs,Standing Planter Container for Outdoor Patio Flower Fruit Herb Vegetable Growing
- Ergonomic: Elevated raised planter box with supporting legs don’t need to bend over for easy convenient gardening, quite suitable for those who don’t want or can’t bend down to do gardening.
- Large Inside Space: This Lemonda gardening bed provides ample growing space, 6 inch deep enough to raise your plants herbs, flowers and vegetables to breathe and grow healthy. Overall Size(LxWxH): 60x27x45 cm / 23.62×10.63×17.72 inch. Planting Box(LxWxH): 60x27x15 cm / 23.62×10.63×5.91 inch
- Drainage: There are 3 holes on the bottom which allows excess water to drain out, could keep soil fresh and prevent waterlogging, used to help plants breathe freely, make healthy condition and grow better.
- Solid Construction: Made of stable galvanized steel with anti-rusty coating, reinforced sustainment on the 4 corners, very durable and solid, unlike wood which may rot. It can be placed outdoors or indoors for long time use.
- Versatile Design: Multifunctional planting stand, can be used for plants, flowers, fresh herbs, vegetables and fruit. Adds decor to any part of your home, you’ll have your own small garden in backyard. Perfect for placing on the balcony, patio, porch and deck.
Additional Info :
Buying Guide to Choose the Best small raised planter box
small raised planter box often takes more time to ship because many are assembled to order. Also, some gift baskets can only be shipped and delivered during the week due to the inclusion of perishables. Be sure to check processing and shipping times before ordering to ensure they’ll get there in time. If you’re ordering something that includes more delicate items, like cupcakes, you should be aware that they could get damaged (visually) in transport.
The small raised planter box come in all shapes and sizes, but you’ll definitely want to read the “What’s Included” list carefully. Some gift baskets are super niche—all cheese or all nuts, for example—and others include a variety of items with a theme—like breakfast treats. Decide whether you’d rather gift someone larger quantities of a favorite food/drink or give them a wide selection to sample.
The boxes tend to be expensive because they include many expertly curated items. If you’re on a budget, look for smaller gift baskets that curate a singular type of item—fruit or chocolate, perhaps. But, if you have a larger budget, you may be able to select a gift basket with a variety of items, including tea, cheese, and other specialty goods. Consider how much you would pay for the individual items in the basket and then factor in the convenience of a pre-packaged selection, the presentation, and the uniqueness of the items (maybe the basket includes specialty items you can’t find easily elsewhere).
Techgearlab started our packability testing by measuring the actual dimensions of every model. They evaluated the diversity of objects they could fit inside and considered the efficiency of their overall size vs. capacity. We jammed them to the brim and then tried to find specific objects buried within. We tested lids and latches, considering their effectiveness and ease of use. We also took into account the optional sizes and colors in which each bin can be purchased.
To test each model’s versatility, we stacked them (if we could) in as many places as possible to see where they work best. We put them on garage shelves and closet tops, sliding them under beds and into cuboid living room shelves. And though the aesthetic appeal of anything is very subjective, we also evaluated their general look and where they’re best suited to “living.”
Testing this metric involved a lot of toting around full bins. We checked handles for placement, comfort, and security. We considered the box’s dimensions for easy carrying downstairs and through doorways. And we scrutinized how gracefully each could handle a load of seriously heavy books.
What Features Should You Look for in a small raised planter box?
The selection of bins at The Bruins Blog offers convenient features that make storage and organization a breeze. Features include:
- Latching functionality – Add an extra layer of security to contents stowed inside with a latching lid. Enjoy peace of mind that the contents of the small raised planter box will not spill during transport.
- Decorative embellishments – If your small raised planter box is going to stay out in the open and be seen by employees or guests, look into the sleek and presentable designs, materials, and colors available at Staples.
- Transparent walls – When you have many identical small raised planter box in close proximity and need to see the contents inside, look for boxes with transparent walls. The clear plastic construction makes it easier to find supplies without removing everything first.
- Collapsible construction – Collapsible boxes fold up for compact storage when not in use. When you have intermittent storage needs, these boxes can be easily hidden away without taking up much space at all.
- Open-top design – When you require constant and quick access to the contents inside, look or open-top storage bins. These boxes have no lids, but what they sacrifice in security they make up in sheer convenience.
- Locking mechanism – Some small raised planter box contain locking mechanisms for secure storage of private or sensitive documents and materials.
- Soft material – For storing kids’ toys or pet toys, storage boxes made from fabric and other soft materials have no hard or sharp edges.
- Airtight lid – Airtight options are great for keeping contents from oxidizing, from old documents or belongings to perishables like snacks for the office.
- Handles – Small and medium boxes that will be moved around often benefit from handles for easy transport.
- Wheels – Some larger bins and totes feature smooth-rolling casters for easy mobility so you can rearrange the storage containers at will with no lifting necessary.
- Stackable – Store multiple bins easily, neatly, and efficiently with boxes that feature flat bottoms or notches that fit into indents in sister storage bins.
What to Consider to buy small raised planter box
Before you choose a small raised planter box for storing or moving your belongings, you’ll want to consider these factors:
- What will you be storing? Are the items fragile or easily broken? Will the contents easily absorb odors? How valuable are these items?
- Where will you be storing this stuff? Will you be storing inside your home in a closet where your stuff will stay cool and dry or inside your garage or attic, where they might be exposed to high temps and humidity? Do you plan to use an indoor storage unit, which can offer good protection against the elements?
- How long will you be storing? Will this be temporary storage that’s part of a move or remodeling project or long-term storage?
- How often will you need access? Will you be using these items occasionally, so you’d want easier access than something used just once a year or less?
Once you’re clear about these factors, you’re ready to consider the different types of storage boxes. While these range in price and quality, it’s important to choose boxes or containers that are appropriate for specific use.