Luckily, there are a ton of boxes made specifically to protect your goods.
With so many wonderful baskets and bins available, it’s hard to choose the right sandbox with shade one for the job.
We chose 10 of the most promising box options available today for side-by-side testing to find the very best.
List of 10 Best sandbox with shade : Tried and Tested
1. KidKraft Outdoor Covered Wooden Sandbox with Bins and Striped Canvas Canopy, Kids’ Outdoor Furniture, Navy & White, Gift for Ages 2-8
- Shady canopy
- 2 plastic sand and water bins
- Large enough for children to play together
- Reinforced wooden panels prevent warping and weathering
- Includes plastic liner that goes underneath the sand
- Made of weather-resistant wood
- To keep outdoor furniture looking its best, cover when not in use and stain or paint as needed
Additional Info :
2. Kid’s Sandbox with Cover, Cedar Wood Sandpit w/ Adjustable Canopy for Outdoor Backyard Play
- Play with Nature: SoliWood’s Kids Sandbox with Cover is Made from Solid Cedar Wood, with Long-Lasting and Sturdy Quality, Anti-corrosion Performance, and Weather Resistance, Let Kids Play in Nature
- Play with Safe: SoliWood’s Sandbox for Kids is Painted with 100% Water Based Non-Smell Coating Material without any Chemical and Vocs, Let Kids Play Safely
- Keep Sunny and Rain Off: SoliWood’s SandPit Cabana has an Angle Adjustable Canopy, it Can be Adjust in Different Angle and Heights to Protect Kids from Sunlight and Rain, it Can be Used as Cover for the San Box
- Great Gift for Kids: SoliWood’s Wooden Outdoor Sand Box Playstation is Suitable for Home Outdoor Garden Patio Lawn Backyard, with Bottom Liner
- What Makes SoliWood’s SandBox Excellent: Overall Size 46.5 L x 46.5″ W x 46.5″ H, Inside Size 40″ L x 40″ W x 6.5″ H; Cetified with Children Products’ Standard: ASTM, F963, CPSIA; Required 30 Minutes DIY Assemble.
Additional Info :
3. TP Toys, Pirate Ship Sandbox | Kids Outdoor Playset and Wooden Sandbox with UV Resistant Shade Cover, Built in Pirate Boat Play, and Hidden Toy Storage | Backyard Play for Boys and Girls Ages 2+.
- KIDS PLAYSET: Two pirate play modes include a canopy for outdoor shade or as a ship’s sail, Captain’s wheel with compass detail, and chalk board with water bowl for craft activities fun.
- KIDS SANDBOX WITH COVER: Slide playset out to reveal hidden 24″ x 30″ kids sandbox big enough for two toddlers with bench seat. Slide it back to cover the sandbox and keep the garden out of the sand.
- SPACE SAVING: Easy for one adult to slide play set into either fully extended (70in x 36in x 46in) or compact (48in x 36in x 46in) mode for maximum outdoor play and minimum backyard space.
- BUILT-IN STORAGE: This backyard playset even includes extra storage space hidden in the boats bow for kids outdoor toys and sandbox toys for easy clean up.
- OTHER: Made from FSC Certified Untreated European Pine wood. This kids outdoor play equipment will age naturally with toddlers as a source of imagination and fun.
Additional Info :
4. Badger Basket Covered Convertible Cedar Sandbox with Canopy and Bench Seats
- BUILT-IN BENCH SEATS: The unique sandbox design features fold-up bench seats that each hold up to 200 pounds. When sand play is done, simply unfold the seats and you have a built in cover
- INCLUDES COVER: When sand play is done, simply unfold the seats and you have a built in cover to keep unwanted animals and debris out of the sand
- SUN SHADE CANOPY: The backyard sandbox includes an attached waterproof fabric canopy to help shade little ones from the hot summer sun
- STURDY CEDAR WOOD: Each sandbox is heat treated and includes rust-resistant hardware to withstand harsh weather conditions
- OPEN BOTTOM DESIGN: Bottomless construction also allows for easier drainage to prevent water from puddling inside the sandbox and holds up to 750 pounds of sand
- SANDBOX DIMENSIONS: The sand box measures 46.5″ L x 46.5″ W x 9.5″ H (57″ H to canopy top). Each bench seat measures 44.75″L x 7.5″W x 7.5″H. Play area when bench seats are up measures 44.75″ x 31″
- A BRAND YOU CAN TRUST: Badger Basket is a family owned and U.S. based company with a long-standing history of creating quality products for you and your family. Families have trusted Badger Basket for over 75 years!
- Benches for playtime and canopy to protect from hot sun
- Made with solid wood
- Bottomless design allows you to customize the depth of sand
Additional Info :
5. Teamson Kids – Wooden Outdoor Kids Sandbox Toys with Canopy for Garden, Backyard, Natural/Blue
- KIDS OUTDOOR SANDBOX: Features a natural wood and deep blue square design for a bright and colorful addition to your home’s outdoor area
- VERSATILE OUTDOOR PLAY: Includes an area where your little ones can play in the sand and a seating area above that goes all the way around the box to provide plenty of space for both sitting and playing
- BUILT-IN CANOPY: Rotatable canopy offers protection from the sun while keeping your children cool in the hot summer sun
- DURABLE DESIGN: Constructed from solid wood and finished in an eco-friendly and weather-resistant stain for long-lasting entertainment
- KID-SIZED DIMENSIONS: Measures 46″ x 46″ x 46″ when assembled to fit in any play area and is recommended for children ages 3 years and up
Additional Info :
6. Aivituvin Kids Large Wooden Sandbox, Outdoor Sand Box Play w/ Canopy, 2 Foldable Bench Seats, Retractable Roof and Sand Protection – 47×47-Inch
- ★ NEW Design RETRACTABLE ROOF- UPGRADE the roof handle by using MUCH THICKER wood for longer usage! Your kids will have a long period of sand time without the worry of sudden shower or ultraviolet ray. It keeps local cats out when the cover goes down.
- ★ Easy to Clean & Detachable Canopy- It is easy to wash and secure with the hook and loop fastener affixed to the canopy frame.
- ★ STURDY CONSTRUCTION- Dedicated T-shaped hinge ensure durability of the back rest. Hand grips make it easy to fold and unfold the benches. 2 benches for up to 4 children or 2 adults.
- ★ Bottomless design- Facilitates drainage, ventilation and adjustment of the depth of the sand. FREE Sand screen is included is for the easy storage of sand.
- ★ OVERALL DIMENSIONS: 47.2″(L) x 47.2″(W) x 51.9″(H); Bench Weight Capacity: 200 lbs. (each) Easy assembly with pre-drilled holes
Additional Info :
7. Best Choice Products Kids Wooden Cabana Sandbox Play Station for Children, Outdoor, Backyard w/ 2 Bench Seats, UV-Resistant Canopy Shade, Fabric Sandpit Cover, 2 Side Buckets – Natural
- DURABLE CANOPY: Enjoyable sandbox is designed with a UV-resistant canopy shade to allow toddlers to play outside with protection from the sun
- COMFORTABLE SEATING: Benches on opposite sides of the sandbox help keep moisture out and are made with backrests to keep kids comfortable and prevent falling backward as they play
- TWO SIDE BUCKETS: Keep water and sand in the included buckets off to the side to play with your favorite toy boat and small sand toys
- BUILT TO LAST: Solid, stained fir wood is non-toxic and sturdy to help ensure a secure play area; includes a water- and UV-resistant cover to keep sand dry even when it rains
- BOTTOMLESS DESIGN W/ LINER: An included liner goes underneath the bottomless box to facilitate drainage, ventilation, and sand depth adjustment; NOTE: Play-grade sand is sold separately; OVERALL DIMENSIONS: 50.5″(L) x 46″(W) x 47.5″(H); Weight Capacity: 88 lbs. per bench
Additional Info :
8. Octagon Wooden Cedar Sand box w Seat Boards | Eco-Friendly Cover & Ground Liner | 84″ X 78″ x 9″ | 3/4″ Cedar Boards | Easy DIY Assembly | Holds 800+ lbs of Sand | Natural Cedar Beauty Built To Last
- EASY TO ASSEMBLE SANDBOX KIT: The perfect DIY sandbox engineered with our “slot system” for quick and easy assembly. Only tool required is a standard Phillips screwdriver and anyone can do it. No need to be handy or good with tools! Kit includes all panels & hardware, eco-friendly ground liner, eco-friendly top cover, and instructions. Does not include sand.
- REAL CEDAR SANDBOX IS NATURAL & BEAUTIFUL IN BACKYARD: (L) 84″ X 78″ (W) x 9″ (H). 3/4″ thick cedar panels hold up to 800 pounds of sand when assembled. Cedar timbers and green sandbox cover blend into any backyard play setting.
- SMOOTH CEDAR WOOD PANELS & WIDE SEATS ARE COMFORTABLE & BUILT TO LAST YEARS: Naturally resistant cedar wood is perfectly smooth & features our special “eased edges” for maximum smoothness to the touch. Water-based stain is eco-friendly, bringing out and preserving natural cedar color that lasts. Engineered to remain sturdy and durable for a playtime solution that lasts through your child’s younger years.
- FUN FOR AGE 18 MONTHS & OVER: Transform any backyard or outside play area into a space where toddlers and children can socialize, entertain and explore. Large enough for multiple children to play at same time.
- ECO-FRIENDLY TOP COVER & GROUND COVER KEEP OUT WEEDS: Weed-suppressant textile sheet allows for drainage and easy upkeep of your backyard sand box. Durable, eco-friendly polyethylene sandbox cover goes on in seconds to prevent excess moisture and unwanted animals.
Additional Info :
9. Outsunny Kids Wooden Sandbox, Covered Children Sand Boat Outdoor, Foldable Play Station, w/ Flag, Canopy Shade, Bottom Liner, Blackboard, for 3-8 Years Old, Natural Wood
- WOODEN PLAY BOAT: This wooden sandbox features an attractive and realistic look, with a flag, rudder, blackboard, and two side seats, attracting the children’s attention.
- DETACHABLE CANOPY: It is accessible to removable and can be cleaned with a cloth. With this shade, your kids can enjoy the kids sandbox and avoid exposure to the sun.
- BOTTOMLESS DESIGN: This covered sandbox comes with a non-woven fabric liner to facilitate drainage, ventilation, and adjustment of the depth of the sand.
- FOLDABLE DESIGN: The rear of the hull can move forward to cover the sand pit to prevent sand from flying around.
- SAND BOX INFORMATION: Overall Dimensions (includes flag): 70.75″ L x 36″ W x 56.75″ H. Weight capacity: 220 lbs. Certification: ASTM F963, CPSIA, SOR. Certificated age: 2+ years. Suitable for 3-8 years old. Assembly required.
Additional Info :
10. TP Toys Ahoy Wooden Ship Play Boat with Sandbox and Shade Cover
- PIRATE PLAY: Climb aboard the Ahoy Ship and let the swashbuckling adventures begin. Featuring two play modes, the Ahoy Play Boat is perfect for imaginative, sand, and water fun.
- SET SAIL: The Ahoy Ship includes a sandpit, wooden play surface, Captain’s wheel with compass details, blackboard, removable splash bowl, UV resistant sunshade/sail, and storage area.
- HIDDEN SANDPIT: Slide the play boat out to reveal the hidden sandbox for two (24in x 30in) and let kids dig for buried treasure. Slide the play boat back to keep the sand clear of garden debris.
- STORAGE AREA: When play is over, lift the wooden surface to reveal a spacious storage area for keeping toys tidy. Made from FSC certified European pine. Max combined user weight 220lbs. Ages 2+
- SPACE SAVING: Easy for one adult to slide play boat from one mode to another. Play boat is 70in x 36in x 46in when fully extended and 48in x 36in x 46in in compact mode.
Additional Info :
We have something for everyone here, from comforting tea to coffee and cheese to specialized things—there’s a personalized sandbox with shade for everyone in your life. If you know your giftee’s general interests, you can find them an appropriate sandbox with shade.
Buying Guide to Choose the Best sandbox with shade
sandbox with shade often takes more time to ship because many are assembled to order. Also, some gift baskets can only be shipped and delivered during the week due to the inclusion of perishables. Be sure to check processing and shipping times before ordering to ensure they’ll get there in time. If you’re ordering something that includes more delicate items, like cupcakes, you should be aware that they could get damaged (visually) in transport.
The sandbox with shade come in all shapes and sizes, but you’ll definitely want to read the “What’s Included” list carefully. Some gift baskets are super niche—all cheese or all nuts, for example—and others include a variety of items with a theme—like breakfast treats. Decide whether you’d rather gift someone larger quantities of a favorite food/drink or give them a wide selection to sample.
The boxes tend to be expensive because they include many expertly curated items. If you’re on a budget, look for smaller gift baskets that curate a singular type of item—fruit or chocolate, perhaps. But, if you have a larger budget, you may be able to select a gift basket with a variety of items, including tea, cheese, and other specialty goods. Consider how much you would pay for the individual items in the basket and then factor in the convenience of a pre-packaged selection, the presentation, and the uniqueness of the items (maybe the basket includes specialty items you can’t find easily elsewhere).
Techgearlab started our packability testing by measuring the actual dimensions of every model. They evaluated the diversity of objects they could fit inside and considered the efficiency of their overall size vs. capacity. We jammed them to the brim and then tried to find specific objects buried within. We tested lids and latches, considering their effectiveness and ease of use. We also took into account the optional sizes and colors in which each bin can be purchased.
To test each model’s versatility, we stacked them (if we could) in as many places as possible to see where they work best. We put them on garage shelves and closet tops, sliding them under beds and into cuboid living room shelves. And though the aesthetic appeal of anything is very subjective, we also evaluated their general look and where they’re best suited to “living.”
Testing this metric involved a lot of toting around full bins. We checked handles for placement, comfort, and security. We considered the box’s dimensions for easy carrying downstairs and through doorways. And we scrutinized how gracefully each could handle a load of seriously heavy books.
What Features Should You Look for in a sandbox with shade?
The selection of bins at The Bruins Blog offers convenient features that make storage and organization a breeze. Features include:
- Latching functionality – Add an extra layer of security to contents stowed inside with a latching lid. Enjoy peace of mind that the contents of the sandbox with shade will not spill during transport.
- Decorative embellishments – If your sandbox with shade is going to stay out in the open and be seen by employees or guests, look into the sleek and presentable designs, materials, and colors available at Staples.
- Transparent walls – When you have many identical sandbox with shade in close proximity and need to see the contents inside, look for boxes with transparent walls. The clear plastic construction makes it easier to find supplies without removing everything first.
- Collapsible construction – Collapsible boxes fold up for compact storage when not in use. When you have intermittent storage needs, these boxes can be easily hidden away without taking up much space at all.
- Open-top design – When you require constant and quick access to the contents inside, look or open-top storage bins. These boxes have no lids, but what they sacrifice in security they make up in sheer convenience.
- Locking mechanism – Some sandbox with shade contain locking mechanisms for secure storage of private or sensitive documents and materials.
- Soft material – For storing kids’ toys or pet toys, storage boxes made from fabric and other soft materials have no hard or sharp edges.
- Airtight lid – Airtight options are great for keeping contents from oxidizing, from old documents or belongings to perishables like snacks for the office.
- Handles – Small and medium boxes that will be moved around often benefit from handles for easy transport.
- Wheels – Some larger bins and totes feature smooth-rolling casters for easy mobility so you can rearrange the storage containers at will with no lifting necessary.
- Stackable – Store multiple bins easily, neatly, and efficiently with boxes that feature flat bottoms or notches that fit into indents in sister storage bins.
MATCH THE sandbox with shade TO THE USE
Before you choose a sandbox with shade for storing or moving your belongings, you’ll want to consider these factors:
- What will you be storing? Are the items fragile or easily broken? Will the contents easily absorb odors? How valuable are these items?
- Where will you be storing this stuff? Will you be storing inside your home in a closet where your stuff will stay cool and dry or inside your garage or attic, where they might be exposed to high temps and humidity? Do you plan to use an indoor storage unit, which can offer good protection against the elements?
- How long will you be storing? Will this be temporary storage that’s part of a move or remodeling project or long-term storage?
- How often will you need access? Will you be using these items occasionally, so you’d want easier access than something used just once a year or less?
Once you’re clear about these factors, you’re ready to consider the different types of storage boxes. While these range in price and quality, it’s important to choose boxes or containers that are appropriate for specific use.