When it comes to organizing all your things, there is no one correct way of doing it. While there are a few general rules and precautions to take into consideration—like storing in a cool, dark environment—overall, the right raised planter box depends on your taste and preference.
These are the picks the pros use, recommended to us by experts.
List of 10 raised planter box : Our top picks
1. aboxoo Large Planter Raised Beds with Legs Outdoor Metal Planter Box on Wheels Elevated Garden Bed for Vegetables Flower Herb Patio (40″ L x 11″ W x 31.5″ H)
- 【Large Size】:Overall size approx: 40″L x 11″W x 31.5″H; Planting box size approx: 37″L x 10″W x 8″Depth;This raised garden bed provides ample growing space to raise vegetables, herbs, flowers or other potted plants
- 【Metal】:Made of stable galvanized steel raised garden bed with anti-rusty grey coating, not made of wood which may rot. It can place outside or indoor for long time use.
- 【Can grow vegetables】:Made of stable galvanized steel raised garden bed with anti-rusty grey coating, It can place outside or indoor for long time use. It is suitable for growing vegetables, fruits, and food, non-toxic and harmless.
- 【Ergonomic Design】:Elevated raised planter box with legs eliminates the need to bend over, making gardening convenient.Raised garden bed on wheels, move to anywhere you want.With clear installation guide attached, it takes less than 5 min to install this Planter Box .
- 【Grooved Design】:Compared to other products,our bottom is of the middle groove type. This will allow the plant’s seepage water to be discharged evenly inward from all directions,This design makes the irrigated area of each plant larger and more comprehensive
Additional Info :
2. Yaheetech 34x18x30in 2 Tiers Raised Garden Bed Planter Box with Legs & Storage Shelf Wooden Elevated Vegetable Growing Bed for Flower/Herb/Backyard/Patio/Balcony
- NATURAL: Our planting bed is made of 100% natural wood. The wood is finely polished, with a smooth surface and no burrs.
- STRONG & STABLE: Reinforced wooden bars are added at the bottom to enhance the stability of the elevated garden bed.
- DRAINAGE HOLES: Thanks to these holes at the board, they maintain good ventilation and drainage, conducive to plant roots breathing.
- EXTRA STORAGE SPACE: The bottom shelf provides extra storage space for garden tools, keeping tools and small flowerpots handy.
- NICE-LOOKING GARDENING ACCESSORY: The natural color makes your garden and greenhouse more original and healthy, and its natural wood grain on the boards bring a rustic and natural style to your garden.
Additional Info :
3. FOYUEE Raised Planter Box with Legs Outdoor Elevated Garden Bed On Wheels for Vegetables Flower Herb Patio
- SIZE: 40-1/2″ L x 15-1/2″ W x 31-1/2″ H overall, planting box: 37-1/2″ L x 15-1/2″ W x 8″ deep, holds about 2.5 cubic feet soil, provide ample growing space to raise vegetables, herbs, flowers and plants
- ERGONOMIC: Elevated raised planter box with legs eliminates the need to bend over, making gardening convenient. Raised garden bed on wheels, move to anywhere you want, with handy shelf holds accessories or tools
- METAL: Made of stable galvanized steel raised garden bed with anti-rusty grey coating, not made of wood which may rot. It can place outside or indoor for long time use
- DRAINAGE: In the middle of the cart is a drainage hole and drainage line to prevent waterlogging, planter can planted directly in the bed
- EASY SETUP: Space saving standing planter only need about 5min and easy to put it together, go ahead to raise the plants
Additional Info :
4. Best Choice Products 48x24x30in Raised Garden Bed, Elevated Wood Planter Box Stand for Backyard, Patio, Balcony w/Bed Liner, 200lb Capacity
- LARGE PLANTING SPACE: Designed with a long bed space (SKY2383 5 CuFt/ SKY6377 2.65 CuFT) deep enough to provide your plants and vegetables with ample room to breathe and grow healthy
- PROPER DRAINAGE: Allows excess water to drain out, keeping soil fresh and protecting plants from waterlogging or mineral buildup
- ALL-WOOD CONSTRUCTION: Naturally durable Chinese fir wood provides a water- and weather-resistant structure that discourage warps and sagging over time
- ERGONOMIC HEIGHT: The 30-inch tall design reduces excessive bending and kneeling to help preserve your back and knees as you tend to your balcony, deck, or patio garden
- RAISED GARDEN BED LINER: Separates wood from the soil, keeping the wooden garden planter in excellent condition and discouraging weeds and animals from interfering with plant growth; (Note: Only available for SKY2383 & SKY6377); OVERALL DIMENSIONS: 48.5″(L) x 23″(W) x 30″(H); Weight Capacity: 200 lbs.
Additional Info :
5. Sunnydaze Steel Raised Garden Bed Planter with Mesh Shelf – Set of 2 – Hot Dip Galvanized Steel Finish – Features Convenient Lower Storage Shelf – Grow Plants, Flowers, and Vegetables – Black
- Raised planter boxes: Each raised garden measures 35.75″ W x 16″ D x 31.75″ H and weighs 25 lbs. The inner garden bed measures 35.5″ W x 15.75″ D x 7″ H. The shelf measures 30.5″ W x 16″ D and is 9.75″ high off the ground. The garden bed has an overall weight capacity of 305 lbs and the bottom shelf can support up to 40 lbs.
- Quality construction: These stylish raised garden beds with legs are made from durable steel with a sleek, black hot dip galvanized finish for lasting rust resistance and an elegant look. It also features eight rubber feet caps.
- Convenient configurations: These elevated garden beds can be used individually or connected together. When connected side by side, they create a garden bed that measures 35.75″ W x 32.25″ D x 31.75″ H. When connected end to end, they create a garden bed that measures 71.75″ W x 16″ D x 31.75″ H.
- Lower storage shelf: Easily store gardening tools and supplies on the shelf beneath the raised planter box.
- Worry-free purchasing: Sunnydaze Decor backs its products with a 1-year manufacturer’s warranty.
Additional Info :
6. Raised Garden Bed with Legs 17″ H Elevated Planter Box, Plastic Raised Beds for Gardening Vegetables Herb Flower Plants, Perfect for Indoor Outdoor Planting, 2 Packs
- ✔ SIZE: Each planter raised bed with legs measures 15.7”(W) x 15.7”(D) x 17”(H), taller than other plastic or metal garden boxes, providing ample growing space for indoor & outdoor plants, defending against pests.
- ✔ VERSATILE PLANTER: Comes in 2 sets (each set has 4 legs), the flower bed kit can be set up in various pattern, suitable for planting or displaying at home, restaurant, cafe or outdoor in patio, garden, balcony etc.
- ✔ EASY GARDENING: The self-watering design can store some water to avoid plants over-drying when forget watering for some time. Drainage hole will effectively drain out excess water, prevent root from decay.
- ✔ EASY TO ASSEMBLE: With instruction included, it needs only 5min to put the raised garden bed together. Planter box won’t fall apart after making sure each column in its place. Rubber cap attached will protect your floor or deck.
- ✔ PREMIUM QUALITY: Made of reinforced PP material, the elevated planter box is anti-rust, sturdy, durable & long time serving. Gifted tool kit is very useful for gardening. MAYOLIAH provides reliable after-sales service, all concerns will be responded properly in 24hrs.
Additional Info :
7. Raised Garden Bed with Legs, Ohuhu Elevated Wood Planter Box with Storage Shelf & Bed Liner, 35x16x32 Inch Raised Beds Outdoor Indoor Planters Stand for Vegetables Flowers Herbs Backyard Patio Balcony
- Premium Craftsmanship: Made of natural wood, the Ohuhu Elevated Wood Planter is non-paint, solid and durable, providing adequate space for your plants as well as vegetables and keeping out the hassle of weeds and pets!
- Ultimate User-friendly: Go easy on your back and knees! Measured 82cm/32” high, this raised garden bed allows you to have a comfortable gardening experience without bending your knees and lower back!
- Drainage Gaps: Too much water in the soil makes your planting go south! That’s why we’ve crafted our planter with drainage gaps to prevent your plants from getting waterlogged or rotten and keep the soil fresh without excessive mineral buildup.
- Bonus Non-woven Liner: Keep your planter in tip-top shape! Thanks to the included non-woven liner, the soil and the wooden frame are separated, making the wood planter free of erosion and last effortlessly for years to come!
- Two-layer Design: Two is better than one! Coming with 2 layers, this double-layer planter can hold your plants and your garden tools as well, keeping your yard, garden, greenhouse nice and tidy.
Additional Info :
8. Cedar Raised Planter Box with Legs – Elevated Wood Raised Garden Bed Kit – Grow Herbs and Vegetables Outdoors – Naturally Rot-Resistant – Unmatched Strength Lasts Years (4×2) by Boldly Growing
- NATURAL, UNFINISHED WOOD: Product looks great as-is, or finish planter box to your own liking
- STURDY HEAVY-DUTY DESIGN: This beautiful elevated garden bench planter is sturdier than any of the competition and is the perfect addition to any space
- STRONG, ROT-RESISTANT YELLOW CEDAR: Easily supports the weight of soil, water, and plants without breaking! Makes an excellent herb planter
- PRODUCT DIMENSIONS: 48” (L) by 24” (W) x 33” (H) and holds 5 cubic feet of soil total
- 1 YEAR WARRANTY: To ensure your satisfaction and the product’s performance there is a manufacturer’s warranty on the product for one year. This warranty offers a full replacement or refund if your planter fails while in use. It does not cover aging and weathering over time or cracks in the wood, as these are to be expected with all unfinished planters.
Additional Info :
9. Gardener’s Supply Company Raised Garden Bed Elevated Cedar Planter Box | 2′ x 8′ Heavy Duty Standing Garden Planters for Outdoor Plant Vegetables & Flower Gardening Perfect for Patio, Lawn & Backyard
- PRODUCT DETAILS: Made from a beautiful naturally rot-resistant cedar lumber with heavy duty rustproof aluminum legs and corners that can hold approximately 13 cubic feet (340 dry quarts) of container mix. At 29″ high, this attractive planter is the perfect height for easy growing, eliminating the need to stoop, bend, kneel and reach. Perfect for your deck, patio or backyard.
- BEST USE FOR: Perfect Bed Planters to grow your own organic Vegetables, Fruits and Flowers. Our Planter Raised Bed has an overall size of 96″ L x 24″ W x 29″ H, 10 inches deep and 16 square feet of growing space to accommodate and grow your favorite plants, herbs and vegetables organically. Perfect gardening box for your greenhouse and garden.
- HIGH QUALITY: MADE IN THE USA. Our Heavy Duty Patio Planter Bed is innovatively design to cater your gardening needs and solve problems for people with backache/knee pain to easily manage the plants without bending down low with its ergonomic height design. Built with high quality cedar wood paired with heavy duty rust proof metal stand and corner to ensure stability and built to last.
- EASY TO USE: Our Planter Raised Bed is easy to maintain and can be assemble in few minutes. Simply attached the wood in the metal stand and secured with the screws included. Easy Install and can be disassembled for off-season storage. SPECIAL BONUS – Includes free planting guide”
- GARDEN TESTED & GUARANTEED: Every purchase you make is 100% guaranteed. We will exchange or refund your purchase for any product that is not what you expected or does not work as described during its lifetime.
Additional Info :
10. Keter Urban Bloomer 12.7 Gallon Raised Garden Bed with Self Watering Planter Box and Drainage Plug, Dark Grey
- DIMENSIONS: 32. 3 in. L x 14. 7 in. W x 30. 7 in. H
- WATER GAUGE: Easy to read water gauge indicates when plants need additional moisture
- DRAINAGE SYSTEM that can be opened or closed for full control of watering
- WATER RESERVOIR: Full watering system includes a reservoir to prevent root decay and over watering
- EASY ASSEMBLY: Simple assembly with easy-to-follow instructions
- URBAN LIVING: Perfect for use as an herb garden or balcony planter
Additional Info :
Buying Guide to Choose the Best raised planter box
raised planter box often takes more time to ship because many are assembled to order. Also, some gift baskets can only be shipped and delivered during the week due to the inclusion of perishables. Be sure to check processing and shipping times before ordering to ensure they’ll get there in time. If you’re ordering something that includes more delicate items, like cupcakes, you should be aware that they could get damaged (visually) in transport.
The raised planter box come in all shapes and sizes, but you’ll definitely want to read the “What’s Included” list carefully. Some gift baskets are super niche—all cheese or all nuts, for example—and others include a variety of items with a theme—like breakfast treats. Decide whether you’d rather gift someone larger quantities of a favorite food/drink or give them a wide selection to sample.
The boxes tend to be expensive because they include many expertly curated items. If you’re on a budget, look for smaller gift baskets that curate a singular type of item—fruit or chocolate, perhaps. But, if you have a larger budget, you may be able to select a gift basket with a variety of items, including tea, cheese, and other specialty goods. Consider how much you would pay for the individual items in the basket and then factor in the convenience of a pre-packaged selection, the presentation, and the uniqueness of the items (maybe the basket includes specialty items you can’t find easily elsewhere).
Techgearlab started our packability testing by measuring the actual dimensions of every model. They evaluated the diversity of objects they could fit inside and considered the efficiency of their overall size vs. capacity. We jammed them to the brim and then tried to find specific objects buried within. We tested lids and latches, considering their effectiveness and ease of use. We also took into account the optional sizes and colors in which each bin can be purchased.
To test each model’s versatility, we stacked them (if we could) in as many places as possible to see where they work best. We put them on garage shelves and closet tops, sliding them under beds and into cuboid living room shelves. And though the aesthetic appeal of anything is very subjective, we also evaluated their general look and where they’re best suited to “living.”
Testing this metric involved a lot of toting around full bins. We checked handles for placement, comfort, and security. We considered the box’s dimensions for easy carrying downstairs and through doorways. And we scrutinized how gracefully each could handle a load of seriously heavy books.
What Features Should You Look for in a raised planter box?
The selection of bins at The Bruins Blog offers convenient features that make storage and organization a breeze. Features include:
- Latching functionality – Add an extra layer of security to contents stowed inside with a latching lid. Enjoy peace of mind that the contents of the raised planter box will not spill during transport.
- Decorative embellishments – If your raised planter box is going to stay out in the open and be seen by employees or guests, look into the sleek and presentable designs, materials, and colors available at Staples.
- Transparent walls – When you have many identical raised planter box in close proximity and need to see the contents inside, look for boxes with transparent walls. The clear plastic construction makes it easier to find supplies without removing everything first.
- Collapsible construction – Collapsible boxes fold up for compact storage when not in use. When you have intermittent storage needs, these boxes can be easily hidden away without taking up much space at all.
- Open-top design – When you require constant and quick access to the contents inside, look or open-top storage bins. These boxes have no lids, but what they sacrifice in security they make up in sheer convenience.
- Locking mechanism – Some raised planter box contain locking mechanisms for secure storage of private or sensitive documents and materials.
- Soft material – For storing kids’ toys or pet toys, storage boxes made from fabric and other soft materials have no hard or sharp edges.
- Airtight lid – Airtight options are great for keeping contents from oxidizing, from old documents or belongings to perishables like snacks for the office.
- Handles – Small and medium boxes that will be moved around often benefit from handles for easy transport.
- Wheels – Some larger bins and totes feature smooth-rolling casters for easy mobility so you can rearrange the storage containers at will with no lifting necessary.
- Stackable – Store multiple bins easily, neatly, and efficiently with boxes that feature flat bottoms or notches that fit into indents in sister storage bins.
What to Consider to buy raised planter box
Before you choose a raised planter box for storing or moving your belongings, you’ll want to consider these factors:
- What will you be storing? Are the items fragile or easily broken? Will the contents easily absorb odors? How valuable are these items?
- Where will you be storing this stuff? Will you be storing inside your home in a closet where your stuff will stay cool and dry or inside your garage or attic, where they might be exposed to high temps and humidity? Do you plan to use an indoor storage unit, which can offer good protection against the elements?
- How long will you be storing? Will this be temporary storage that’s part of a move or remodeling project or long-term storage?
- How often will you need access? Will you be using these items occasionally, so you’d want easier access than something used just once a year or less?
Once you’re clear about these factors, you’re ready to consider the different types of storage boxes. While these range in price and quality, it’s important to choose boxes or containers that are appropriate for specific use.