That’s why we rounded up the top 10 play sand box selections, recommended by experts and professionals. Read on to discover our favorite products.
There are lots of benefits to using a perfect organizer beyond simply taming clutter.
Ahead, we’ve curated a list of the best play sand box on the market because it’s about time you give your most beloved baubles the nice home that they deserve. Keep scrolling for our curated list of favorites.
Best play sand box For Organizing Your Favorite Pieces
1. Quikrete Sandbox Play Sand – Outdoor Kids Filtered Playsand for Sand Box – Screened, Washed and Dried Tan Color – 50 Pounds
- Cleaned play-grade sand for indoor or outdoor sandboxes or therapeutic play tables
- Pre-washed, dried, and screened sand for soft, consistent, and clean sand; No hidden sharp rocks or sticks
- 50-pound bag to start a new play space or refresh an old one
- Use for landscaping, arts and crafts, terrariums, reptile habitats, or zen gardens; also good for in-bag weight sand or traction for vehicles
- Material: Fine play-quality sand; Color: Tan; Dimensions (L x W x H): 48 x 40 x 34 inches; Weight: 50 pounds
Additional Info :
2. Best Choice Products 47x47in Kids Large Wooden Sandbox for Backyard, Outdoor Play w/Cedar Wood, 2 Foldable Bench Seats, Sand Protection, Bottom Liner – Brown
- COMFORTABLE SEATING: Benches on opposite sides of the sandbox help keep moisture out and are made with backrests to keep kids comfortable and prevent falling backward as they play
- SEATS CONVERT TO COVER: Designed with 2 benches that seat up to 4 children or 2 adults and easily fold down into a split cover to keep the sand clear of debris
- CEDAR WOOD: Heat-treated cedar wood helps the sandbox remain sturdy and durable for a playtime solution that lasts through your child’s younger years
- BOTTOMLESS DESIGN W/ LINER: An included liner goes underneath the bottomless box to facilitate drainage, ventilation, and sand depth adjustment; NOTE: Play-grade sand is sold separately
- FUN FOR ANY AGE: Transform any backyard or outside play area into a space where toddlers and children can socialize, entertain, and explore; OVERALL DIMENSIONS: 47.25″(L) x 49″(W) x 8.5″(H); Bench Weight Capacity: 200 lbs. (each)
Additional Info :
3. Sandtastik Sparkling White Play Sand, 25 Pounds – 25.-LB-BOX-REG
- Use in sand boxes or tables
- Ideal for early childhood classrooms or childcare centers
- Create castles or sculptures by adding a little water
- Note: shovel and bucket are not included
Additional Info :
4. Classic Sand and Play Sand for Sandbox, Table, Therapy, and Outdoor Use, 20 lb. Bag, Natural, Non-Toxic, Wet Castle Building for Creativity and Stimulates Sensory Skills
- Premium-Grade Play Sand – Soft and easy to mold wet this kid’s play sand has been carefully grated, washed, and dried to ensure it’s 100% safe, non-toxic, and great for early learning during indoor and outdoor play sessions.
- Inspire Creative and Imagination – Our play sand for kid’s sandbox, sand table, and indoor arts and crafts is a great way to keep kids active, engaged, and learning physically and mentally as they build, mold, and create in limitless ways.
- Home, Classroom, and Therapy Use – This play sand for toddlers helps stimulate hand-eye coordination and artistic expression. It’s great for sand tray therapy or sensory activities thanks to bright colors and a premium touch feel.
- Kid-Friendly for Wet and Dry Use – Classic Sand and Play sand can be safely used by kids who love building, molding, or simply squeezing it in their hands. It also dries quickly, so you can add a bit of water for better stacking and hold with no extra mess!
- Safe for Indoor and Outdoor Projects – While our sand is great for traditional sandcastles it can also be used in landscaping, arts and crafts, gardening, terrariums, habitats for reptiles, sculptures, Zen gardens, and outdoor creations.
Additional Info :
5. Turtle Sandbox with Cover for Kids Outdoor Creative Play , New
- This playful outdoor Turtle Sandbox for kids is designed in the shape of a turtle and adorned with a happy, smiling face. Your child will make sand castles and scoop up piles of dirt for hours while sitting comfortably in this toy.
- The Sandbox comes with a sturdy lid that covers the play area to keep it clean and free of any unwanted debris. Place this activity sandbox in a comfortable spot in your yard, sit back and enjoy watching your little one play. Your child’s imagination is sure to get a wonderful workout in this sandbox.
- This playful outdoor Turtle Sandbox is designed in the shape of a turtle and adorned with a happy, smiling face.
- Your child will make sand castles and scoop up piles of dirt for hours while sitting comfortably in this toy.
- The Turtle Sandbox comes with a sturdy lid that covers the play area to keep it clean and free of any unwanted debris.
- Place this covered sandbox for kids in a comfortable spot in your yard, sit back and enjoy watching your little one play.
- Your child’s imagination is sure to get a wonderful workout playing in this sandbox.
6. Aivituvin Kids Large Wooden Sandbox, Outdoor Sand Box Play w/ Canopy, 2 Foldable Bench Seats, Retractable Roof and Sand Protection – 47×47-Inch
- ★ NEW Design RETRACTABLE ROOF- UPGRADE the roof handle by using MUCH THICKER wood for longer usage! Your kids will have a long period of sand time without the worry of sudden shower or ultraviolet ray. It keeps local cats out when the cover goes down.
- ★ Easy to Clean & Detachable Canopy- It is easy to wash and secure with the hook and loop fastener affixed to the canopy frame.
- ★ STURDY CONSTRUCTION- Dedicated T-shaped hinge ensure durability of the back rest. Hand grips make it easy to fold and unfold the benches. 2 benches for up to 4 children or 2 adults.
- ★ Bottomless design- Facilitates drainage, ventilation and adjustment of the depth of the sand. FREE Sand screen is included is for the easy storage of sand.
- ★ OVERALL DIMENSIONS: 47.2″(L) x 47.2″(W) x 51.9″(H); Bench Weight Capacity: 200 lbs. (each) Easy assembly with pre-drilled holes
Additional Info :
7. Play Sand Box, Sand Table, Childcare & Daycare Centers, Remove Larger Particles, Beautiful Snow White, 50 Lbs
- CLEAN – Finely graded for added comfort – No one wants to play in sand that has a grainy feel. That’s why our Snow White play sand is washed and extensively screened to remove larger particles. The result is sand that’s clean and soft to the touch.
- BENEFITS – High-purity, fine sand – Low dust – Clean and screened – Bright color for improved aesthetics. This white play sand is great for arts and crafts, sand boxes, sand tables and stored easily for future use.
- APPLICATIONS Sandboxes Parks and play areas Daycares Home projects. Premium Play Sand – You can’t just pick any sand to go into your sandbox! You need to make sure it’s clean, safe, and healthy for your little ones to play around in. – For sand to pass as play sand, it must go through a number of cleaning processes that result in it being fine and smooth to touch. Do not use this sand for sand blasting with machinery. No chunks, pebbles or additives.
- COVERAGE – For sand to pass as play sand, it must go through a number of cleaning processes that result in it being fine and smooth to touch. 1 bag of 50 pound sand will fill an area 18” X 18” X 3” deep. Many sand tables or boxes will require multiple bags of sand to fill. Check with the manufacturer of your play table or sand box for the required amount of sand.
- GUARANTEE – We are so confident in the quality and design of this play sand that if you don’t agree that this is the most white and clean play sand then simply return it within 30 days for a full refund.
Additional Info :
|Color||Beautiful Snow White|
8. Little Tikes Dirt Diggers Excavator Sandbox for Kids, Including lid and Play Sand Accessories
- COOL CONSTRUCTION THEME – Construction themed sandbox for hours of fun!
- TRUCK RAMP – Lid doubles as a truck ramp.
- SCOOP, DIG & DUMP – Excavator really works to scoop, dig, & dump sand.
- SUPER SAND ACCESSORIES – Includes 6 sand accessories plus an exclusive Dirt Digger (TM) for enough toys to go around.
- HOLDS A TON OF SAND – Holds up to 100 lbs. of sand (not included)
- Ages 3+ years
Additional Info :
9. KidKraft Wooden Pirate Sandbox with Canopy, Covered Children’s Sandbox, Outdoor Furniture – Blue & Red, Gift for Ages 3-8
- Convenient storage space
- Shady canopy
- Large enough for multiple children to play together
- Fun pirate-themed artwork
- Includes a mesh cover that snaps on over the sandbox
- Includes a clear plastic liner that goes underneath the sand
- Made of weather-resistant wood
- Packaged with detailed, step-by-step assembly instructions
Additional Info :
10. Creativity for Kids Sensory Bin: Construction Zone Playset – Sandbox Truck Toys for Kids
- CONSTRUCTION TOYS – Dig, build and learn new skills – one work zone at a time! This ultimate sensory play sandbox is filled with easy to mold sensory sand, toy trucks, sensory tools and more! Just add imagination for constructive hands-on play time
- SENSORY BIN – Sensory bins allow children to discover, imagine and learn while engaging their senses. Place the self-contained sensory bin on a table cloth or towel and scoop, sort, dig and build for easy clean up and endless hours of hands-on play!
- SAFETY TESTED – All sensory bins fillers are carefully selected and safety tested to provide the best at home play activity. Since 1976, Creativity for Kids has proudly made fun and creative experiences today to nurture children’s confidence for life
- EVERYTHING YOU NEED IS INCLUDED – Complete play set includes 2.5 lbs of soft sensory sand, construction trucks and sensory tools all conveniently packed in a bin with lid for easy storage (Bin measures approx. 14.5″ W x 10.25″ L x 4.75″ H)
- ENDLESS WAYS TO PLAY – Enjoy hours of imaginative play while building fine motor skills and promoting sensory development. Create cognitive tasks for your preschooler as you build, dig, excavate, dump and engage in hands-on play with your sensory bin
Additional Info :
Buying Guide to Choose the Best play sand box
play sand box often takes more time to ship because many are assembled to order. Also, some gift baskets can only be shipped and delivered during the week due to the inclusion of perishables. Be sure to check processing and shipping times before ordering to ensure they’ll get there in time. If you’re ordering something that includes more delicate items, like cupcakes, you should be aware that they could get damaged (visually) in transport.
The play sand box come in all shapes and sizes, but you’ll definitely want to read the “What’s Included” list carefully. Some gift baskets are super niche—all cheese or all nuts, for example—and others include a variety of items with a theme—like breakfast treats. Decide whether you’d rather gift someone larger quantities of a favorite food/drink or give them a wide selection to sample.
The boxes tend to be expensive because they include many expertly curated items. If you’re on a budget, look for smaller gift baskets that curate a singular type of item—fruit or chocolate, perhaps. But, if you have a larger budget, you may be able to select a gift basket with a variety of items, including tea, cheese, and other specialty goods. Consider how much you would pay for the individual items in the basket and then factor in the convenience of a pre-packaged selection, the presentation, and the uniqueness of the items (maybe the basket includes specialty items you can’t find easily elsewhere).
Techgearlab started our packability testing by measuring the actual dimensions of every model. They evaluated the diversity of objects they could fit inside and considered the efficiency of their overall size vs. capacity. We jammed them to the brim and then tried to find specific objects buried within. We tested lids and latches, considering their effectiveness and ease of use. We also took into account the optional sizes and colors in which each bin can be purchased.
To test each model’s versatility, we stacked them (if we could) in as many places as possible to see where they work best. We put them on garage shelves and closet tops, sliding them under beds and into cuboid living room shelves. And though the aesthetic appeal of anything is very subjective, we also evaluated their general look and where they’re best suited to “living.”
Testing this metric involved a lot of toting around full bins. We checked handles for placement, comfort, and security. We considered the box’s dimensions for easy carrying downstairs and through doorways. And we scrutinized how gracefully each could handle a load of seriously heavy books.
What Features Should You Look for in a play sand box?
The selection of bins at The Bruins Blog offers convenient features that make storage and organization a breeze. Features include:
- Latching functionality – Add an extra layer of security to contents stowed inside with a latching lid. Enjoy peace of mind that the contents of the play sand box will not spill during transport.
- Decorative embellishments – If your play sand box is going to stay out in the open and be seen by employees or guests, look into the sleek and presentable designs, materials, and colors available at Staples.
- Transparent walls – When you have many identical play sand box in close proximity and need to see the contents inside, look for boxes with transparent walls. The clear plastic construction makes it easier to find supplies without removing everything first.
- Collapsible construction – Collapsible boxes fold up for compact storage when not in use. When you have intermittent storage needs, these boxes can be easily hidden away without taking up much space at all.
- Open-top design – When you require constant and quick access to the contents inside, look or open-top storage bins. These boxes have no lids, but what they sacrifice in security they make up in sheer convenience.
- Locking mechanism – Some play sand box contain locking mechanisms for secure storage of private or sensitive documents and materials.
- Soft material – For storing kids’ toys or pet toys, storage boxes made from fabric and other soft materials have no hard or sharp edges.
- Airtight lid – Airtight options are great for keeping contents from oxidizing, from old documents or belongings to perishables like snacks for the office.
- Handles – Small and medium boxes that will be moved around often benefit from handles for easy transport.
- Wheels – Some larger bins and totes feature smooth-rolling casters for easy mobility so you can rearrange the storage containers at will with no lifting necessary.
- Stackable – Store multiple bins easily, neatly, and efficiently with boxes that feature flat bottoms or notches that fit into indents in sister storage bins.
What to Consider to buy play sand box
Before you choose a play sand box for storing or moving your belongings, you’ll want to consider these factors:
- What will you be storing? Are the items fragile or easily broken? Will the contents easily absorb odors? How valuable are these items?
- Where will you be storing this stuff? Will you be storing inside your home in a closet where your stuff will stay cool and dry or inside your garage or attic, where they might be exposed to high temps and humidity? Do you plan to use an indoor storage unit, which can offer good protection against the elements?
- How long will you be storing? Will this be temporary storage that’s part of a move or remodeling project or long-term storage?
- How often will you need access? Will you be using these items occasionally, so you’d want easier access than something used just once a year or less?
Once you’re clear about these factors, you’re ready to consider the different types of storage boxes. While these range in price and quality, it’s important to choose boxes or containers that are appropriate for specific use.