Luckily, there are a ton of boxes made specifically to protect your goods.
With so many wonderful baskets and bins available, it’s hard to choose the right planter boxes one for the job.
We chose 10 of the most promising box options available today for side-by-side testing to find the very best.
List of 10 Best planter boxes : Tried and Tested
1. Planter Box Raised Garden Bed Large Planters for Outdoor Plants Elevated Garden Boxes Plant pots Perfect for Garden Patio Balcony Deck to Planting Flowers Vegetables Tomato and Herbs souwuokoo
- ✨【 Durable Raised Garden Boxe】Our garden bed planter made of high-quality PP material is built to last for years without much care and maintenance. It is fixed firmly without leakage of soil. The whole structure is very stable, and the installation is very easy.
- 🌱【Self-watering Device】The design of self-watering disk provides extra space to reserve excessive water, that can be opened or closed for full control of watering, the plant automatically absorbs water. Keep weeds away from soil, defense against pests, and protect plants from rot.
- 🎍【Large Planting Space】This garden bed planter is separated into different growing areas for different plants or planting methods. The baffle can be removed to create a bigger growing area if needed. Provide extra large growing space to Grow Rosemary Fresh, Mint, Cilantro, Thyme, Parsley, Oregano, Lavender & Other Floral/Herbal Favorites.
- 🌻【 Heightening Design】According to the instructions, the garden planter is very easy to install and doesn’t need additional tools. Raised Garden Boxes deep enough to ensure your plants and vegetables can breathe and grow healthy. After the box is Heightening, it is convenient for planting operations .you can soon enjoy your homegrown, fresh produce!
- 🏡【 Multiple Conbination Mode】 The planting box can be combined at will by DIY to match your own style of small garden. You can enjoy the fun planting process and become a recreational activity in your spare time. Plants can decorate the environment, purify the environment, adjust the mood and relieve stress.
Additional Info :
2. Amazon Basics Recycled Wood Rectangular Garden Planter – 37” x 13” x 15”
- Important: Follow steps in instructions exactly for proper assembly.
Additional Info :
3. Jumbl Raised Canadian Cedar Garden Bed | Elevated Wood Planter for Growing Fresh Herbs, Vegetables, Flowers, Succulents & Other Plants at Home | Great for Outdoor Patio, Deck, Balcony | 72x23x30”
- GROW A GORGEOUS HERB GARDEN | Elevated Outdoor Planter Offers Beautiful, Practical Design for Growing Your Favorite Herbs, Veggies, Fruits, Flowers & Other Vegetation Above Ground | A Stunning Accompaniment to Any Small Space!
- 100% ROT-RESISTANT RED CEDAR | Reap a Bountiful Crop Season After Season! | High-Grade Cedar Wood Resists Weather-Related Damage, Won’t Warp, Shrink or Swell in High Humidity & Features Unique Red Coloring
- COMFORTABLE RAISED DESIGN | A Healthy Choice for Gardeners with Bad Backs, Muscle Strain, Spinal Ailments & Chronic Pain | Upright Styling Alleviates Stress & Tension from Legs, Knees, Neck, Shoulders, Spine, Lower & Upper Lumbar, Etc.
- SUPER SIMPLE ASSEMBLY & SETUP | Set Includes Step-by-Step Instructions, Parts & Hardware—No Tools Required! | Just Fill with Soil, Seeds or Starter Plants & Place in Sunny Location
- SMART SOLUTION FOR LIMITED SPACE | Grow Rosemary, Mint, Cilantro, Thyme, Parsley, Oregano, Lavender & Other Floral/Herbal Favorites Anywhere | Standing Garden Comes in  Sizes for Patios, Apartment Balconies, Fire Escapes & Beyond!
Additional Info :
|Color||Red Cedar Wood|
4. Cedar Raised Planter Box with Legs – Elevated Wood Raised Garden Bed Kit – Grow Herbs and Vegetables Outdoors – Naturally Rot-Resistant – Unmatched Strength Lasts Years (4×2) by Boldly Growing
- NATURAL, UNFINISHED WOOD: Product looks great as-is, or finish planter box to your own liking
- STURDY HEAVY-DUTY DESIGN: This beautiful elevated garden bench planter is sturdier than any of the competition and is the perfect addition to any space
- STRONG, ROT-RESISTANT YELLOW CEDAR: Easily supports the weight of soil, water, and plants without breaking! Makes an excellent herb planter
- PRODUCT DIMENSIONS: 48” (L) by 24” (W) x 33” (H) and holds 5 cubic feet of soil total
- 1 YEAR WARRANTY: To ensure your satisfaction and the product’s performance there is a manufacturer’s warranty on the product for one year. This warranty offers a full replacement or refund if your planter fails while in use. It does not cover aging and weathering over time or cracks in the wood, as these are to be expected with all unfinished planters.
Additional Info :
5. Best Choice Products 8x4x2ft Outdoor Metal Raised Garden Bed, Deep Root Planter Box for Vegetables, Flowers, Herbs, and Succulents w/ 478 Gallon Capacity
- 2FT GROWING DEPTH: 24 inches of depth holds up to 478 gallons of soil-ideal for medium to deep rooting plants and vegetables like broccoli, beans, and more. Note: This product does not include a bottom panel
- IDEAL COMPOST BED: An open base combined with ribbed steel makes this the perfect space to layer yard waste, food scraps, and other additives to create enriched soil at home
- TOOL-FREE ASSEMBLY: Beveled steel panels come together with a set of included wingnuts and bolts with rubber edging for your added safety
- BUILT TO LAST: Made of powder-coated steel panels, with a non-corrosive finish, four ground stakes, and three stabilizing rods to keep your garden bed looking its best for years to come
- 64 CUBIC FEET: The large planting space makes this the ideal place to set up a self-contained micro-environment for unique and non-native plants; OVERALL DIMENSIONS: 96″(L) x 48″(W) x 24″(H)
Additional Info :
6. Yaheetech Wooden Raised Garden Bed Divisible Elevated Planting Planter Box for Flowers/Vegetables/Herbs in Backyard/Patio Outdoor Natural Wood 97 x 25 x 11in
- Multifunctional: This garden bed planter is separated into two growing area for different plants or planting methods. The baffle can be removed to create a bigger growing area if needed. You can get several garden beds to design and build your own dream garden.
- Useful & practical: With this helpful planter, you can cultivate plants like vegetable, flowers, or herbs in your patio, yard, garden and greenhouse, making them more convenient to manage. Yaheetech large raised garden bed provides ample growing space for your plants.
- Simple assembly: This divisible garden bed is built in a simple yet stable structure by heavy duty screws, which is very easy and quick to set up. The accessories and instruction are included.
- Low maintenance required: Our high-quality garden bed planter is built to last for years without much care and maintenance.
- A single piece of side plate: Comparing to other planting beds that have several small pieces of wooden plates at the side, our planting raised bed has a piece of complete side plate at each side of the garden bed. It is fixed firmly without leakage of soil. The whole structure is very stable, and the installation is very easy.
Additional Info :
7. Best Choice Products 48x24x30in Raised Garden Bed, Elevated Wood Planter Box Stand for Backyard, Patio, Balcony w/Bed Liner, 200lb Capacity
- LARGE PLANTING SPACE: Designed with a long bed space (SKY2383 5 CuFt/ SKY6377 2.65 CuFT) deep enough to provide your plants and vegetables with ample room to breathe and grow healthy
- PROPER DRAINAGE: Allows excess water to drain out, keeping soil fresh and protecting plants from waterlogging or mineral buildup
- ALL-WOOD CONSTRUCTION: Naturally durable Chinese fir wood provides a water- and weather-resistant structure that discourage warps and sagging over time
- ERGONOMIC HEIGHT: The 30-inch tall design reduces excessive bending and kneeling to help preserve your back and knees as you tend to your balcony, deck, or patio garden
- RAISED GARDEN BED LINER: Separates wood from the soil, keeping the wooden garden planter in excellent condition and discouraging weeds and animals from interfering with plant growth; (Note: Only available for SKY2383 & SKY6377); OVERALL DIMENSIONS: 48.5″(L) x 23″(W) x 30″(H); Weight Capacity: 200 lbs.
Additional Info :
8. Land Guard Galvanized Raised Garden Bed Kit, Galvanized Planter Raised Garden Boxes Outdoor, Oval Large Metal Raised Garden Beds for Vegetables……
- Each raised metal garden bed size: 4×2×1ft ,7.14Cu
- Upgraded quality and structure: raised garden beds outdoor are made of Q195 galvanized metal sheet, double-layer anti-corrosion galvanizing and oval structure design, which is more beautiful, can withstand greater pressure at the interface, is not easy to loose, and the interface will not Deformed and can be reused for many years.
- Easy to set up, this galvanized stock tank only takes about 5 minutes to easily assemble and continue planting plants.
- Open base: This planter raised garden bed metal galvanized is designed with an open base, which can effectively avoid water accumulation and decay, protect the roots of plants, and allow the roots to better absorb nutrients
- Double thickness: The average thickness of this galvanized planter galvanized sheet reaches 0.78mm, and the thickest part can reach 1.56mm, which is extremely stable. Compared with the ordinary rectangular elevated garden bed with a thickness of 0.3mm, it will be the right choice for you. buy it! ! !
Additional Info :
9. Black Lightweight Fiberglass Tall Rectangular Planter Box – 36 inches – Outdoor Planter – 36L x 10W x 24H
- TASTEFUL OUTDOOR DECOR: Transform walkways, entrances, decks, patios, and more with a modern planter to add a touch of style.
- BEAUTIFUL AND DURABLE: Your planter is hand-crafted with UV protection and frost resistant material, and hand-finished with pre-drilled drainage holes and a top Polyurethane paint added right here in the USA.
- 10 VIBRANT COLORS: Match your preferred aesthetic when you select from 10 premium color choices designed to enrich any outdoor space.
- COMMERCIAL GRADE: Your planter is strong enough to withstand heavy commercial traffic, yet light enough to relocate anytime you want.
- PLANTER DIMENSIONS: Your planter measures 36”L x 10”W x 24”H – the exact right size to add a sense of refinement without distracting from other outdoor features. The opening, at 33.5″ Long x 7.5″ Wide, will accomodate a stunning assortment of plants. Order your large rectangular planter box today!
Additional Info :
10. Yaheetech Raised Garden Bed 48x24x30in Elevated Wooden Planter Box with Legs Standing Growing Bed for Gardening/Backyard/Patio/Balcony
- 【Natural solid wood】This natural raised garden bed is made of non-paint, harmless 100% solid wood, which is known for its strength and dimensional stability with a pleasing wooden smell. It is normal that there are wood knots on the surface. That’s a natural phenomenon when the wood is growing.
- 【Stable rectangle structure】This planting box features an elevated rectangular shape. Four side plates tightly insert into grooves on the legs. They are locked by the wooden covers and screws. The whole bed is supported steadily by wooden legs and extra three battens below.
- 【Backache-friendly design】Given its 30.1’’ height, people with backache/knee pain can easily manage the plants without bending down and taking the risk of pain. The thick solid wood boards are sanded well to prevent any undesired injury caused by wood splinters.
- 【Single piece of side plate】Comparing to other planting beds whose side plates are consist of several small battens, our planting raised bed has a piece of complete side plate at each side. This single-piece design makes the whole structure stable, and the installation is also very easy.
- 【Gardening supplies】With this wooden planter, you can cultivate plants like vegetables, flowers, herbs in your patio, yard, garden, and greenhouse. Plants will be healthy and strong in this natural raised bed, and more convenient to manage. The bottom of the planting bed has a drainage hole that provides oxygen and ventilation for your plants to grow more healthily.
Additional Info :
We have something for everyone here, from comforting tea to coffee and cheese to specialized things—there’s a personalized planter boxes for everyone in your life. If you know your giftee’s general interests, you can find them an appropriate planter boxes.
Buying Guide to Choose the Best planter boxes
planter boxes often takes more time to ship because many are assembled to order. Also, some gift baskets can only be shipped and delivered during the week due to the inclusion of perishables. Be sure to check processing and shipping times before ordering to ensure they’ll get there in time. If you’re ordering something that includes more delicate items, like cupcakes, you should be aware that they could get damaged (visually) in transport.
The planter boxes come in all shapes and sizes, but you’ll definitely want to read the “What’s Included” list carefully. Some gift baskets are super niche—all cheese or all nuts, for example—and others include a variety of items with a theme—like breakfast treats. Decide whether you’d rather gift someone larger quantities of a favorite food/drink or give them a wide selection to sample.
The boxes tend to be expensive because they include many expertly curated items. If you’re on a budget, look for smaller gift baskets that curate a singular type of item—fruit or chocolate, perhaps. But, if you have a larger budget, you may be able to select a gift basket with a variety of items, including tea, cheese, and other specialty goods. Consider how much you would pay for the individual items in the basket and then factor in the convenience of a pre-packaged selection, the presentation, and the uniqueness of the items (maybe the basket includes specialty items you can’t find easily elsewhere).
Techgearlab started our packability testing by measuring the actual dimensions of every model. They evaluated the diversity of objects they could fit inside and considered the efficiency of their overall size vs. capacity. We jammed them to the brim and then tried to find specific objects buried within. We tested lids and latches, considering their effectiveness and ease of use. We also took into account the optional sizes and colors in which each bin can be purchased.
To test each model’s versatility, we stacked them (if we could) in as many places as possible to see where they work best. We put them on garage shelves and closet tops, sliding them under beds and into cuboid living room shelves. And though the aesthetic appeal of anything is very subjective, we also evaluated their general look and where they’re best suited to “living.”
Testing this metric involved a lot of toting around full bins. We checked handles for placement, comfort, and security. We considered the box’s dimensions for easy carrying downstairs and through doorways. And we scrutinized how gracefully each could handle a load of seriously heavy books.
What Features Should You Look for in a planter boxes?
The selection of bins at The Bruins Blog offers convenient features that make storage and organization a breeze. Features include:
- Latching functionality – Add an extra layer of security to contents stowed inside with a latching lid. Enjoy peace of mind that the contents of the planter boxes will not spill during transport.
- Decorative embellishments – If your planter boxes is going to stay out in the open and be seen by employees or guests, look into the sleek and presentable designs, materials, and colors available at Staples.
- Transparent walls – When you have many identical planter boxes in close proximity and need to see the contents inside, look for boxes with transparent walls. The clear plastic construction makes it easier to find supplies without removing everything first.
- Collapsible construction – Collapsible boxes fold up for compact storage when not in use. When you have intermittent storage needs, these boxes can be easily hidden away without taking up much space at all.
- Open-top design – When you require constant and quick access to the contents inside, look or open-top storage bins. These boxes have no lids, but what they sacrifice in security they make up in sheer convenience.
- Locking mechanism – Some planter boxes contain locking mechanisms for secure storage of private or sensitive documents and materials.
- Soft material – For storing kids’ toys or pet toys, storage boxes made from fabric and other soft materials have no hard or sharp edges.
- Airtight lid – Airtight options are great for keeping contents from oxidizing, from old documents or belongings to perishables like snacks for the office.
- Handles – Small and medium boxes that will be moved around often benefit from handles for easy transport.
- Wheels – Some larger bins and totes feature smooth-rolling casters for easy mobility so you can rearrange the storage containers at will with no lifting necessary.
- Stackable – Store multiple bins easily, neatly, and efficiently with boxes that feature flat bottoms or notches that fit into indents in sister storage bins.
MATCH THE planter boxes TO THE USE
Before you choose a planter boxes for storing or moving your belongings, you’ll want to consider these factors:
- What will you be storing? Are the items fragile or easily broken? Will the contents easily absorb odors? How valuable are these items?
- Where will you be storing this stuff? Will you be storing inside your home in a closet where your stuff will stay cool and dry or inside your garage or attic, where they might be exposed to high temps and humidity? Do you plan to use an indoor storage unit, which can offer good protection against the elements?
- How long will you be storing? Will this be temporary storage that’s part of a move or remodeling project or long-term storage?
- How often will you need access? Will you be using these items occasionally, so you’d want easier access than something used just once a year or less?
Once you’re clear about these factors, you’re ready to consider the different types of storage boxes. While these range in price and quality, it’s important to choose boxes or containers that are appropriate for specific use.