That’s why we rounded up the top 10 outdoor planter box wood selections, recommended by experts and professionals. Read on to discover our favorite products.
There are lots of benefits to using a perfect organizer beyond simply taming clutter.
Ahead, we’ve curated a list of the best outdoor planter box wood on the market because it’s about time you give your most beloved baubles the nice home that they deserve. Keep scrolling for our curated list of favorites.
Best outdoor planter box wood For Organizing Your Favorite Pieces
1. FURINNO 2-FG16450 Tioman Hardwood Flower Box, Two-Pack, Natural
- Dark Red meranti wood treated with teak oil: more durable and water resistant.
- Great for use in back yard, garden or patio. Natural color blends easily with your outdoor furniture and dé decor
- Fits in your space, fits on your budget. Easy assembly with instruction provided.
- Planter box does not have bottom panel.
- Product Dimension: 15. 4(W)x17. 7(H)x15. 4(D) inches.
Additional Info :
2. Best Choice Products Set of 2 48in Wood Planter Box & Diamond Lattice Trellis, Mobile Outdoor Raised Garden Bed for Climbing Plants w/Drainage Holes, Optional Wheels – Walnut
- SET OF 2: Two identical planters doubles your decorating opportunities; grow decorative plants in one and climbing fruits and vegetables in the other!
- DIAMOND LATTICE: A 38-inch trellis is woven in a tight, diamond pattern to provide structural support and plenty of space for climbing plants
- PLANTER BOX: Fill the 10-inch deep box with your favorite potted plants and a water-resistant liner (not included) or a fresh soil bed thanks to built-in drainage holes
- OPTIONAL WHEELS: A set of 4 included wheels can easily attach for added mobility and come with two locks for stability
- DURABLE MATERIALS: Naturally weather-resistant fir wood comes with a rich walnut finish for added durability and style; OVERALL DIMENSIONS: 25.1″(L) x 11″(W) x 48″(H); Weight Capacity: 50 lbs.
Additional Info :
3. Grapevine 11973LU MO Urban Garden Planters, Brown,Rectangle
- Earth-friendly planter made from recycled pine pallets
- Powder-coated Steel frame for durability
- Attractive powder-coated Black Steel legs
- Includes plastic liner
- 31 gallon capacity
Additional Info :
4. Giantex Raised Garden Bed Folding Flower Planter Vegetable Folding Planting Box for Patio Lawn Garden Backyard Elevated Outdoor Wood Planter Boxes, 27.5″ Lx12 Wx10 H
- 【Portable Folding Planter Box】Compared to other planter boxes, this one has a obvious advantage, you can fold it as you need. It is easy for you to move and store. The folding is super easy and you can just fold the planter box in seconds.
- 【Raised Legs Avoids Moisture】4 Raised Legs keep a certain distance from the ground to avoid direct touch with the ground, which effectively prevents moisture and greatly extend the planter box service life.
- 【Durable Solid Wood Construction】Solid cedar wood to ensure the durability. It does not crack or warp easily. The main frame uses thickened wood, which is solid and sturdy.
- 【Removable Bottom with Drainage Hole】The bottom has 3 wood panels and they are removable. The board middle has holes for easy drainage.
- 【Wood Slats for Plant Ventilation】The planter box is constructed of several wood slats on four sides. There is a slight gap between the slats for plant ventilation.
Additional Info :
5. Best Choice Products 48x24x30in Raised Garden Bed, Elevated Wood Planter Box Stand for Backyard, Patio, Balcony w/Bed Liner, 200lb Capacity
- LARGE PLANTING SPACE: Designed with a long bed space (SKY2383 5 CuFt/ SKY6377 2.65 CuFT) deep enough to provide your plants and vegetables with ample room to breathe and grow healthy
- PROPER DRAINAGE: Allows excess water to drain out, keeping soil fresh and protecting plants from waterlogging or mineral buildup
- ALL-WOOD CONSTRUCTION: Naturally durable Chinese fir wood provides a water- and weather-resistant structure that discourage warps and sagging over time
- ERGONOMIC HEIGHT: The 30-inch tall design reduces excessive bending and kneeling to help preserve your back and knees as you tend to your balcony, deck, or patio garden
- RAISED GARDEN BED LINER: Separates wood from the soil, keeping the wooden garden planter in excellent condition and discouraging weeds and animals from interfering with plant growth; (Note: Only available for SKY2383 & SKY6377); OVERALL DIMENSIONS: 48.5″(L) x 23″(W) x 30″(H); Weight Capacity: 200 lbs.
Additional Info :
6. Cedar Raised Garden Planter Box Kit Outdoor Elevated Bed Patio Vegetable/Flower/Herb Gardening, Natural Rot-Resistant Wood by Boldly Growing
- TOP QUALITY CONSTRUCTION: This raised planter box kit is easy to assemble and built to last
- NATURAL, UNFINISHED WOOD: Product looks great as-is, or finish planter box to your own liking
- STURDY DESIGN: This beautiful elevated garden planter is the perfect addition to any space
- STRONG, ROT-RESISTANT CEDAR WOOD: Easily supports the weight of soil, water, and plants without cracking!
- PRODUCT DIMENSIONS: 32” (L) by 24” (W) x 18” (H) and holds 3 cubic feet of soil
Additional Info :
7. Raised Garden Bed, ToteBox Wood Planter Box, Elevated Raised Bed Garden Kit with Legs for Flower Herb Vegetables Growing in Outdoor Indoor Patio Balcony Garden, 37.4″ x 11.8″ x 35.4″
- 【Quality Natural Material】ToteBox planter raised bed is made of 100% natural pine wood, no paint or harmful chemical additives, friendly to the environment and safe for growing edible plants; you’re investing in a solid & durable wood that’s a naturally good insulator, keeping the soil warm within, which encourages healthy root growth and creates strong & leafy plants.
- 【Versatile Storage Shelf】The storage shelf included at the bottom must be a good helper to conveniently place the gardening tools, kits, even potted plants; the side fences can prevent things from falling off, also increases the aesthetics.
- 【Designed for Drainage】Our planter boxes are designed with gaps between the floorboards, helping to drain excess water, keeping soil fresh and preventing plants from overwatering.
- 【Perfect Everywhere】A perfect container for flowers, vegetables, herbs, shrubs, or small trees. A fitting piece to decorate your yard, garden, balcony, or porch, ideal for outdoor and indoor usage. It will adds a new hint of beauty to any part of your home!
- 【Sturdy Construction & Easy Assembly】Thick, solid wood guarantees this garden box is able to bear up to 165 lbs; dimensions: 37.5”L x11.8”W x35.4”H; 7.9” depth allows to add more nutritious soil for longer growing periods and a better environment for your plants; the illustrated instructions ensure easy installation. For this product, we provide 12 months warranty, any problems, please feel free to contact us, we will follow up within 12 hours.
Additional Info :
8. Raised Garden Bed Elevated Wood Planter Box with Legs, 49x24x30 Inch Outdoor Raised Wooden Planter Garden Grow Box Kit for Vegetable Flower Herb Backyard Patio Gardening Planter Box, Natural
- 🎍 100% NATURAL FIL WOOD- / Reap a Bountiful Crop Season After Season!/ The Raised Garden Bed is Made of No Paint High-Grade Fir Wood Resists Weather-Related Damage, Won’t Warp, Shrink or Swell in High Humidity/ The 0.6-inch thick solid wood planks are finely polished to prevent accidental damage caused by wood fragments. The natural wood grain on the wooden board adds a rustic and natural style to your garden.
- 🎍 GOOD PERFORMANCE- / The elevated flowerpot box with legs can provide good drainage performance, keep the soil fresh and prevent over-irrigation of plants, make plant roots healthy and grow freely/ meantime the liner separates wood from the soil, protect your plants to grow in a safe environment. Amazing thick and solid fir wood ensures durability and solidness, make the garden bed can firmly support the weight of the plant, ideal for all years’ use.
- 🎍 SPACIOUS PLANTING SPACE- /Overall dimension of this raised garden bed is 49”x24”x30”, and it can be filled by 30 gallons of soil. 8 inches depth gives enough capacity to hold soil, making the roots of plants can extend freely, and ensure they breathe and grow healthily. You have enough space to grow popular organic vegetables, flowers, and fruits. The 4 legs will give the planting bed stable support.
- 🎍 ERGONOMIC SIZE DESIGN- / Setting the height of the raised garden bed to 30″ is a very user-friendly design, allowing you to easily stand and take care of your favorite plants without bending over or bending your knees/ Upright styling alleviates stress & tension from legs, knees, neck, shoulders, spine, lower & upper lumbar, etc.
- 🎍 EASY ASSEMBLY- / The whole raised garden bed adopts a tongue and groove design, which is a simple and stable structure, and each part is clearly visible/ You only need to install according to the manual, you can complete the assembly work in a short time. Suitable for all kinds of plants, such as herbs, vegetables, and flowers, etc/ This raised garden bed will make your garden more colorful and satisfy your gardening hobby.
Additional Info :
9. Yaheetech Wooden Raised Garden Bed Divisible Elevated Planting Planter Box for Flowers/Vegetables/Herbs in Backyard/Patio Outdoor Natural Wood 97 x 25 x 11in
- Multifunctional: This garden bed planter is separated into two growing area for different plants or planting methods. The baffle can be removed to create a bigger growing area if needed. You can get several garden beds to design and build your own dream garden.
- Useful & practical: With this helpful planter, you can cultivate plants like vegetable, flowers, or herbs in your patio, yard, garden and greenhouse, making them more convenient to manage. Yaheetech large raised garden bed provides ample growing space for your plants.
- Simple assembly: This divisible garden bed is built in a simple yet stable structure by heavy duty screws, which is very easy and quick to set up. The accessories and instruction are included.
- Low maintenance required: Our high-quality garden bed planter is built to last for years without much care and maintenance.
- A single piece of side plate: Comparing to other planting beds that have several small pieces of wooden plates at the side, our planting raised bed has a piece of complete side plate at each side of the garden bed. It is fixed firmly without leakage of soil. The whole structure is very stable, and the installation is very easy.
Additional Info :
10. Wooden 31 Inch Long Box Planter, Outdoor Patios, Decks, Gardens – Large 31 x 10 x 9 Inch
Additional Info :
Buying Guide to Choose the Best outdoor planter box wood
outdoor planter box wood often takes more time to ship because many are assembled to order. Also, some gift baskets can only be shipped and delivered during the week due to the inclusion of perishables. Be sure to check processing and shipping times before ordering to ensure they’ll get there in time. If you’re ordering something that includes more delicate items, like cupcakes, you should be aware that they could get damaged (visually) in transport.
The outdoor planter box wood come in all shapes and sizes, but you’ll definitely want to read the “What’s Included” list carefully. Some gift baskets are super niche—all cheese or all nuts, for example—and others include a variety of items with a theme—like breakfast treats. Decide whether you’d rather gift someone larger quantities of a favorite food/drink or give them a wide selection to sample.
The boxes tend to be expensive because they include many expertly curated items. If you’re on a budget, look for smaller gift baskets that curate a singular type of item—fruit or chocolate, perhaps. But, if you have a larger budget, you may be able to select a gift basket with a variety of items, including tea, cheese, and other specialty goods. Consider how much you would pay for the individual items in the basket and then factor in the convenience of a pre-packaged selection, the presentation, and the uniqueness of the items (maybe the basket includes specialty items you can’t find easily elsewhere).
Techgearlab started our packability testing by measuring the actual dimensions of every model. They evaluated the diversity of objects they could fit inside and considered the efficiency of their overall size vs. capacity. We jammed them to the brim and then tried to find specific objects buried within. We tested lids and latches, considering their effectiveness and ease of use. We also took into account the optional sizes and colors in which each bin can be purchased.
To test each model’s versatility, we stacked them (if we could) in as many places as possible to see where they work best. We put them on garage shelves and closet tops, sliding them under beds and into cuboid living room shelves. And though the aesthetic appeal of anything is very subjective, we also evaluated their general look and where they’re best suited to “living.”
Testing this metric involved a lot of toting around full bins. We checked handles for placement, comfort, and security. We considered the box’s dimensions for easy carrying downstairs and through doorways. And we scrutinized how gracefully each could handle a load of seriously heavy books.
What Features Should You Look for in a outdoor planter box wood?
The selection of bins at The Bruins Blog offers convenient features that make storage and organization a breeze. Features include:
- Latching functionality – Add an extra layer of security to contents stowed inside with a latching lid. Enjoy peace of mind that the contents of the outdoor planter box wood will not spill during transport.
- Decorative embellishments – If your outdoor planter box wood is going to stay out in the open and be seen by employees or guests, look into the sleek and presentable designs, materials, and colors available at Staples.
- Transparent walls – When you have many identical outdoor planter box wood in close proximity and need to see the contents inside, look for boxes with transparent walls. The clear plastic construction makes it easier to find supplies without removing everything first.
- Collapsible construction – Collapsible boxes fold up for compact storage when not in use. When you have intermittent storage needs, these boxes can be easily hidden away without taking up much space at all.
- Open-top design – When you require constant and quick access to the contents inside, look or open-top storage bins. These boxes have no lids, but what they sacrifice in security they make up in sheer convenience.
- Locking mechanism – Some outdoor planter box wood contain locking mechanisms for secure storage of private or sensitive documents and materials.
- Soft material – For storing kids’ toys or pet toys, storage boxes made from fabric and other soft materials have no hard or sharp edges.
- Airtight lid – Airtight options are great for keeping contents from oxidizing, from old documents or belongings to perishables like snacks for the office.
- Handles – Small and medium boxes that will be moved around often benefit from handles for easy transport.
- Wheels – Some larger bins and totes feature smooth-rolling casters for easy mobility so you can rearrange the storage containers at will with no lifting necessary.
- Stackable – Store multiple bins easily, neatly, and efficiently with boxes that feature flat bottoms or notches that fit into indents in sister storage bins.
What to Consider to buy outdoor planter box wood
Before you choose a outdoor planter box wood for storing or moving your belongings, you’ll want to consider these factors:
- What will you be storing? Are the items fragile or easily broken? Will the contents easily absorb odors? How valuable are these items?
- Where will you be storing this stuff? Will you be storing inside your home in a closet where your stuff will stay cool and dry or inside your garage or attic, where they might be exposed to high temps and humidity? Do you plan to use an indoor storage unit, which can offer good protection against the elements?
- How long will you be storing? Will this be temporary storage that’s part of a move or remodeling project or long-term storage?
- How often will you need access? Will you be using these items occasionally, so you’d want easier access than something used just once a year or less?
Once you’re clear about these factors, you’re ready to consider the different types of storage boxes. While these range in price and quality, it’s important to choose boxes or containers that are appropriate for specific use.