That’s why we rounded up the top 10 outdoor grow box selections, recommended by experts and professionals. Read on to discover our favorite products.
There are lots of benefits to using a perfect organizer beyond simply taming clutter.
Ahead, we’ve curated a list of the best outdoor grow box on the market because it’s about time you give your most beloved baubles the nice home that they deserve. Keep scrolling for our curated list of favorites.
Best outdoor grow box For Organizing Your Favorite Pieces
1. Best Choice Products 6x3x2ft Outdoor Metal Raised Garden Bed, Deep Root Box Planter for Vegetables, Flowers, Herbs, and Succulents w/ 269 Gallon Capacity – Gray
- 2FT GROWING DEPTH: 24 inches of depth holds up to 269 gallons of soil-great for medium to deep rooting plants and vegetables like broccoli, beans, and more. Note: This product does not include a bottom panel
- TOOL-FREE ASSEMBLY: Beveled steel panels come together with a set of included wingnuts and bolts with rubber edging for your added safety
- BUILT TO LAST: Made of powder-coated steel plates to keep your garden bed looking its best for years to come
- OPTIMAL COMPOST BED: An open base combined with the ribbed steel makes this the perfect space to layer yard waste, food scraps, and other additives to create enriched soil at home
- INNER STABILIZING BARS: Two steel support bars help the metal panels retain their shape, preventing warping and soil leakage over time; OVERALL DIMENSIONS: 72″(L) x 36″(W) x 24″(H)
Additional Info :
2. 3-Tier Wooden Raised Garden Bed Outdoor Garden Box for Vegetables Fruits Herbs Grow, Patio Yard Gardening, Natural Flowers
- 3-Tire Planter Box -This special, 3-tiered garden bed allows you to plant 3-different plants in a garden box; the size of the planting space is 47″x 15″, and the height of each layer is 7″, 14″, 21″.
- 100% Natural Solid Fir-This garden bed uses completely natural wood without any chemical additives, keeping it environmentally friendly and food safe.
- Stable & Durable- Solid wood ensures durability and sturdiness. Its stability and durability are enough to support the weight of the garden bed itself, soil and plants, and it is suitable for many years of use.
- Plant your Favorite Plants-You can put this garden bed in your courtyard, yard, garden, deck, balcony or greenhouse to grow flowers, tomatoes, vegetables, herbs.
- Easy to Assemble-The raised garden bed is quick & easy to set up. Includes hardware and assembly manual, which shows the specific assembly steps.
Additional Info :
3. DIIYIV Raised Garden Bed Outdoor Planter Box for Vegetables Herb Garden Kit(8x4x1ft)
- Size: 96″(L) x 48″(W) x 11.8″(H), provide sufficient space to grow vegetables, flowers or other plants
- Durable: made of metal, corner and frame are reinforced, more stable and durable, can be used for a long time
- Bottomless Frame: provide a good drainage effect, make the soil more permeable to protect the plant root, so the plants would grow better
- ECO-friendly: environmental protection coating will not pollute the soil, so plants will be safer and healthier
- Easy Assembly: can be easily assembled without additional tools
Additional Info :
4. Raised Garden Bed Elevated Wood Planter Box with Legs, 49x24x30 Inch Outdoor Raised Wooden Planter Garden Grow Box Kit for Vegetable Flower Herb Backyard Patio Gardening Planter Box, Natural
- 🎍 100% NATURAL FIL WOOD- / Reap a Bountiful Crop Season After Season!/ The Raised Garden Bed is Made of No Paint High-Grade Fir Wood Resists Weather-Related Damage, Won’t Warp, Shrink or Swell in High Humidity/ The 0.6-inch thick solid wood planks are finely polished to prevent accidental damage caused by wood fragments. The natural wood grain on the wooden board adds a rustic and natural style to your garden.
- 🎍 GOOD PERFORMANCE- / The elevated flowerpot box with legs can provide good drainage performance, keep the soil fresh and prevent over-irrigation of plants, make plant roots healthy and grow freely/ meantime the liner separates wood from the soil, protect your plants to grow in a safe environment. Amazing thick and solid fir wood ensures durability and solidness, make the garden bed can firmly support the weight of the plant, ideal for all years’ use.
- 🎍 SPACIOUS PLANTING SPACE- /Overall dimension of this raised garden bed is 49”x24”x30”, and it can be filled by 30 gallons of soil. 8 inches depth gives enough capacity to hold soil, making the roots of plants can extend freely, and ensure they breathe and grow healthily. You have enough space to grow popular organic vegetables, flowers, and fruits. The 4 legs will give the planting bed stable support.
- 🎍 ERGONOMIC SIZE DESIGN- / Setting the height of the raised garden bed to 30″ is a very user-friendly design, allowing you to easily stand and take care of your favorite plants without bending over or bending your knees/ Upright styling alleviates stress & tension from legs, knees, neck, shoulders, spine, lower & upper lumbar, etc.
- 🎍 EASY ASSEMBLY- / The whole raised garden bed adopts a tongue and groove design, which is a simple and stable structure, and each part is clearly visible/ You only need to install according to the manual, you can complete the assembly work in a short time. Suitable for all kinds of plants, such as herbs, vegetables, and flowers, etc/ This raised garden bed will make your garden more colorful and satisfy your gardening hobby.
Additional Info :
5. Patiomore 8 Feet Outdoor Wooden Garden Bed Planter Box Kit for Vegetables Fruits Herb Grow Yard Gardening, Natural
- Partition Design for Classification Planting – This garden box is divided into two growing areas by the middle crossbar for different vegetables, flowers, fruits or plants. Also, it can be removed easily if need more space to grow.
- 100% Natural Solid Fir Wood Garden Box – Use completely natural fir to this garden bed, no chemical additives added, which is very environmentally friendly and harmless to human body.
- Stable and Durable – This solid fir wood ensures the durability and solidness of the planter box, which is stable and durable enough to strongly support the weight from the planter raised garden bed itself, soil and plant, ideal for all years’ use.
- Beautiful Look and Practical Use – This outdoor planter boxes can be placed not only at patios, porches, decks, or garden. It features nice looking and practical function. Not only can it serve as a decorative work but also fully plays its practical role.
- Easy Assembly – Hardware and assembly manual are included. Specific assembly steps are clearly shown. If any questions kindly contact us to help you immediately!
Additional Info :
6. EMSCO Easy Picker Raised Bed Grow Box – With 30″ Stand, 4 Casters, and Supply Storage Grate – Self-Watering
- CONVENIENT MOBILE PLANTER – The Easy Picker is the ultimate raised bed gardening system. The unit is mobile and features four swivel casters for easy transport and sun tracking that works great in areas with limited space.
- SELF-WATERING AND IMPROVED AERATION – The self-contained system of the Easy Picker is self-watering. It automatically waters plants by wicking moisture from its 2-gallon water reservoir and has water overflow holes to prevent overwatering. Additionally, plants rest above an aeration screen that enhances the oxygen flow to plant roots and encourages faster growth, which allows you to grow more with less effort.
- SPACE SAVER – The Easy Picker is perfect for homeowners with limited space who wish to grow plants and vegetables. It is less expensive than large, traditional raised bed gardens and can be used to introduce people to gardening with minimal investment. Even users in tight urban areas can use the Easy Picker, as you can grow vegetables in small spaces, such as fire escapes or rooftop verandas.
- WEED PREVENTION –The Easy Picker alleviates weed growth by having its own self-contained soil system. A mulch cover is included to further prevent the development of weeds.
- 30” STAND – With its convenient elevated height of 30”, homeowners can tend to their plants while standing. This eliminates the need for kneeling, stooping, or bending, so you can enjoy gardening without difficulty. This feature is ideal for seniors and wheel chair users.
Additional Info :
7. BAOYOUNI Rectangular Raised Garden Bed Kit Indoor Outdoor Plastic Planter Grow Box for Fresh Vegetables, Herbs, Flowers & Succulents, Brown, 76.77” x 15.35” x 20.47”
- Multi-purpose & Space Saving: Easy to assemble. Home and garden decoration. The planter box can easily be converted to indoor or outdoor use, perfect for planting in the balcony, terrace, garden, backyard, patios or the corners in your living room.
- Ideal for Planting and Displaying: The storage space is ample enough to plant vegetables, herbs, plants, succulents and flowers.
- Stable and Durable: This plastic garden bed ensures the durability, which is stable and durable enough to strongly support the weight from the garden bed itself and plant.
- Moisture Maintainence: Water barrier & bottom board design, filtering excess water from the soil and store it in the bottom boards.It can kindly keep and maintain moisture for plant inside.
- Stylish and Beautiful Appearance: Great gifts for parents, friends, family, enjoy the joy of pastoral life, for families with children, you can grow vegetables on the balcony, let the children know the nature, understand the biological knowledge of plant growth, and cultivate children’s Hands-on ability, responsibility and love.
Additional Info :
8. Best Choice Products 96x24x10in Outdoor Wooden Raised Garden Bed Planter for Vegetables, Grass, Lawn, Yard – Natural
- BUILT TO LAST: Made of natural Chinese Fir wood to provide a gardening solution constructed to last through every season without discoloring or breaking down over the years
- EASY ASSEMBLY: Pre-sanded panels built with dovetail joints slide together and lock in place with screw-fastened posts for a quick, sturdy assembly
- MAXIMIZE SPACE: 8-foot garden bed provides ample space for plants to grow with an included liner to separate the wood from the soil and keep it in excellent condition
- GARDEN ORGANIZER: Separate and sort various types of plants, vegetables, fruits, and flowers with the included middle divider
- OUTDOOR ACCENT: Perfect decoration accessory that will complement any front or backyard, grass area, or budding garden; OVERALL DIMENSIONS: 96″(L) x 24″(W) x 10″(H)
Additional Info :
9. FLEXIMOUNTS Vertical Raised Garden Bed,4Ft Freestanding Elevated Garden Planters with 4 Drainage Container Boxes, fit to Grow Herb Vegetables Flowers on Patio Balcony Greenhouse Garden
- 1.Excellent Drainage System – Our drainage system has two pre-drilled holes, an annular water reservoir, mesh pads & rubber plugs for optimal drainage. The water flows down through the two drainage holes into the next container box below to save water. At the same time, a small amount of water is stored in the water reservoir of each container box for normal plant growth. The gasket prevents the plant roots from being directly immersed in water.
- 2.Food Grade Plant Bins – Plastic bins are made of 100% new polypropylene material (PP). They are food safe (BPA-free, lead-free, mercury-free). Our larger containers have a volume of 22L (0.77 cubic feet)，Dimensions-24″ (L) x 8″ (W) x 7″(H)，suitable for growing various herbs, vegetables, flowers, or plants.
- 3. Perfect Solution for Tight Spaces – The FLEXIMOUNTS garden bed ensures that you have a neater and more beautiful planting space with sufficient light for your plants. The days of wasting precious +A16lighting space in small apartments for plants are long gone.
- 4. Well-Built and Sturdy – Vertical garden bed is made of coated steel with a well-designed wide-angle support at the bottom to ensure a stable total weight of soil, water and plants when it’s windy. Both the free-standing vertical garden frame and the planter boxes are weather resistant and suitable for indoor and outdoor use.
- 5.Ergonomic design – This vertical garden bed has an ergonomic design that reduces your need to bend over. If you can’t enjoy gardening because of hip and back problems, then this is the product for you. Owning a favorite farmhouse garden has never been easier, even for the elderly.
Additional Info :
10. Boldly Growing Wooden Raised Planter Box with Legs – Large Elevated Outdoor Patio Cedar Garden Bed Kit to Grow Herbs and Vegetables – Unmatched Strength Lasts Years, Natural Rot-Resistant Wood
- UNMATCHED STRENGTH AND RELIABILITY: Our log garden planter boxes are strong enough to hold more than 1,000 pounds! The mortise and tenon joints hold all of the load and the thick log rails won’t bow or warp over time. The side panels use a tongue and groove joint to hold the soil where it’s supposed to be – inside your planter. Do not let a lower quality planter ruin your hard work.
- 100% ROT-RESISTANT NATURAL, UNTREATED WOOD: Our log planters are made of no paint, non-toxic fir, also known as Yellow Cedar for its outstanding rot resistance while still being light enough to ship to you. It will arrive with checking, or cracks in the rails that naturally occur in all log furniture and will develop a beautiful, rustic barn-board gray patina over the first season if left untreated.
- FAST ASSEMBLY WITH JUST A SCREWDRIVER: Put it together by hand, and then use screws to hold the tenons in place. That’s it! Others will try to cut costs by using unfinished boards, but we’ve sanded everything smooth to protect your hands. These look great on your balcony, patio, porch or any other outdoor space.
- SUPERIOR DEPTH, LINER INCLUDED: Our prefabricated bottom is super strong and drops in place in seconds. Slots and a fabric liner let your planter drain while keeping the dirt inside. These heavy-duty planters are 10″ deep — deeper than any competitors! Others use thinner, floating sections for the bottom and shallow planting depth. These often fail soon after planting, leaving all your hard work and home-grown plants and veggies on the ground rather than in the planter where they belong.
- 1 YEAR WARRANTY: To ensure your satisfaction and the product’s performance there is a manufacturer’s warranty on the product for one year. This warranty offers a full replacement or refund if your planter fails while in use. It does not cover aging and weathering over time or cracks in the wood, as these are to be expected with all unfinished log planters. PRODUCT DIMENSIONS: 44.7” (L) by 23.2” (W) x 33.5” (H) and holds 5 cubic feet of soil.
Additional Info :
|Color||Unfinished / Natural|
Buying Guide to Choose the Best outdoor grow box
outdoor grow box often takes more time to ship because many are assembled to order. Also, some gift baskets can only be shipped and delivered during the week due to the inclusion of perishables. Be sure to check processing and shipping times before ordering to ensure they’ll get there in time. If you’re ordering something that includes more delicate items, like cupcakes, you should be aware that they could get damaged (visually) in transport.
The outdoor grow box come in all shapes and sizes, but you’ll definitely want to read the “What’s Included” list carefully. Some gift baskets are super niche—all cheese or all nuts, for example—and others include a variety of items with a theme—like breakfast treats. Decide whether you’d rather gift someone larger quantities of a favorite food/drink or give them a wide selection to sample.
The boxes tend to be expensive because they include many expertly curated items. If you’re on a budget, look for smaller gift baskets that curate a singular type of item—fruit or chocolate, perhaps. But, if you have a larger budget, you may be able to select a gift basket with a variety of items, including tea, cheese, and other specialty goods. Consider how much you would pay for the individual items in the basket and then factor in the convenience of a pre-packaged selection, the presentation, and the uniqueness of the items (maybe the basket includes specialty items you can’t find easily elsewhere).
Techgearlab started our packability testing by measuring the actual dimensions of every model. They evaluated the diversity of objects they could fit inside and considered the efficiency of their overall size vs. capacity. We jammed them to the brim and then tried to find specific objects buried within. We tested lids and latches, considering their effectiveness and ease of use. We also took into account the optional sizes and colors in which each bin can be purchased.
To test each model’s versatility, we stacked them (if we could) in as many places as possible to see where they work best. We put them on garage shelves and closet tops, sliding them under beds and into cuboid living room shelves. And though the aesthetic appeal of anything is very subjective, we also evaluated their general look and where they’re best suited to “living.”
Testing this metric involved a lot of toting around full bins. We checked handles for placement, comfort, and security. We considered the box’s dimensions for easy carrying downstairs and through doorways. And we scrutinized how gracefully each could handle a load of seriously heavy books.
What Features Should You Look for in a outdoor grow box?
The selection of bins at The Bruins Blog offers convenient features that make storage and organization a breeze. Features include:
- Latching functionality – Add an extra layer of security to contents stowed inside with a latching lid. Enjoy peace of mind that the contents of the outdoor grow box will not spill during transport.
- Decorative embellishments – If your outdoor grow box is going to stay out in the open and be seen by employees or guests, look into the sleek and presentable designs, materials, and colors available at Staples.
- Transparent walls – When you have many identical outdoor grow box in close proximity and need to see the contents inside, look for boxes with transparent walls. The clear plastic construction makes it easier to find supplies without removing everything first.
- Collapsible construction – Collapsible boxes fold up for compact storage when not in use. When you have intermittent storage needs, these boxes can be easily hidden away without taking up much space at all.
- Open-top design – When you require constant and quick access to the contents inside, look or open-top storage bins. These boxes have no lids, but what they sacrifice in security they make up in sheer convenience.
- Locking mechanism – Some outdoor grow box contain locking mechanisms for secure storage of private or sensitive documents and materials.
- Soft material – For storing kids’ toys or pet toys, storage boxes made from fabric and other soft materials have no hard or sharp edges.
- Airtight lid – Airtight options are great for keeping contents from oxidizing, from old documents or belongings to perishables like snacks for the office.
- Handles – Small and medium boxes that will be moved around often benefit from handles for easy transport.
- Wheels – Some larger bins and totes feature smooth-rolling casters for easy mobility so you can rearrange the storage containers at will with no lifting necessary.
- Stackable – Store multiple bins easily, neatly, and efficiently with boxes that feature flat bottoms or notches that fit into indents in sister storage bins.
What to Consider to buy outdoor grow box
Before you choose a outdoor grow box for storing or moving your belongings, you’ll want to consider these factors:
- What will you be storing? Are the items fragile or easily broken? Will the contents easily absorb odors? How valuable are these items?
- Where will you be storing this stuff? Will you be storing inside your home in a closet where your stuff will stay cool and dry or inside your garage or attic, where they might be exposed to high temps and humidity? Do you plan to use an indoor storage unit, which can offer good protection against the elements?
- How long will you be storing? Will this be temporary storage that’s part of a move or remodeling project or long-term storage?
- How often will you need access? Will you be using these items occasionally, so you’d want easier access than something used just once a year or less?
Once you’re clear about these factors, you’re ready to consider the different types of storage boxes. While these range in price and quality, it’s important to choose boxes or containers that are appropriate for specific use.