That’s why we rounded up the top 10 kids sandbox with lids selections, recommended by experts and professionals. Read on to discover our favorite products.
There are lots of benefits to using a perfect organizer beyond simply taming clutter.
Ahead, we’ve curated a list of the best kids sandbox with lids on the market because it’s about time you give your most beloved baubles the nice home that they deserve. Keep scrolling for our curated list of favorites.
Best kids sandbox with lids For Organizing Your Favorite Pieces
1. Turtle Sandbox with Cover for Kids Outdoor Creative Play , New
- This playful outdoor Turtle Sandbox for kids is designed in the shape of a turtle and adorned with a happy, smiling face. Your child will make sand castles and scoop up piles of dirt for hours while sitting comfortably in this toy.
- The Sandbox comes with a sturdy lid that covers the play area to keep it clean and free of any unwanted debris. Place this activity sandbox in a comfortable spot in your yard, sit back and enjoy watching your little one play. Your child’s imagination is sure to get a wonderful workout in this sandbox.
- This playful outdoor Turtle Sandbox is designed in the shape of a turtle and adorned with a happy, smiling face.
- Your child will make sand castles and scoop up piles of dirt for hours while sitting comfortably in this toy.
- The Turtle Sandbox comes with a sturdy lid that covers the play area to keep it clean and free of any unwanted debris.
- Place this covered sandbox for kids in a comfortable spot in your yard, sit back and enjoy watching your little one play.
- Your child’s imagination is sure to get a wonderful workout playing in this sandbox.
2. Little Tikes Dirt Diggers Excavator Sandbox for Kids, Including lid and Play Sand Accessories
- COOL CONSTRUCTION THEME – Construction themed sandbox for hours of fun!
- TRUCK RAMP – Lid doubles as a truck ramp.
- SCOOP, DIG & DUMP – Excavator really works to scoop, dig, & dump sand.
- SUPER SAND ACCESSORIES – Includes 6 sand accessories plus an exclusive Dirt Digger (TM) for enough toys to go around.
- HOLDS A TON OF SAND – Holds up to 100 lbs. of sand (not included)
- Ages 3+ years
Additional Info :
3. Crabbie Sandbox Kids Plastic Outdoor Sandbox with Cover
- Help your kids have endless hours of outdoor fun with the Crabbie Sandbox with 2 Built-In Seats and Cover. This adorable play structure is made using sturdy construction. The sandbox is crab shaped and bright red. It has the capacity to hold up to 300 lbs of sand and includes a protective cover to keep bugs and animals out.
- Additionally, the sandbox play set includes two molded-in seats for added comfort. This kids’ sand toy is suitable for children ages 1 year and up. No assembly is required on this sandbox so you can go ahead and set it up.
- Load it up with sand and watch kids flock to the toy to have fun. Two seats mean kids can actually sit down as they play. When you are done, simply put the cover back on the toy and store it away until next time.
- Give children the chance to play and have fun with this Crabbie Sandbox with 2 Built-In Seats and Cover.
- Dimensions: 47″W x 47.5″D x 16″H
- Sandbox holds 300 lbs of sand
Additional Info :
4. Step2 Naturally Playful Sandbox II with Bonus Sand Tools, Tan
- Kids Sandbox Is Designed To Blend In With Traditional Landscapes In Residential Outdoor Living Areas
- “Sunshine” Lid Protects Sand From Weather And Pets In Style
- Holds Up To 200 Lbs. (90.7 Kg) Of Sand, Not Included
- Minimal Adult Assembly Required
Additional Info :
5. HONEY JOY Sandbox with Cover, 4FT Round Sand Pit Play Station for Backyard, 3 Built-in Seating & Bottom Drainage Liner, All Weather Resistant Sand Boxes for Kids Outdoor with Lid
- ⛱️【3 Built-In Comfortable Seating】The 4 FT round sandbox is designed with 3 large semicircular corner seats, which can not only keep kids comfortable while enjoying long-time playing but also prevent kids from directly sitting in the sand. And each seat can load up 165 lbs, providing stable support for kids to ensure safety.
- ⛱️【Bottom Liner & Sand Protection Cover】The kids sand box kit adopts a bottom liner with holes that facilitates drainage, air ventilation, and adjustment of sand depth, and this sand pit can be easily secured by hook and loop fasteners. In addition, this sandbox with lid is equipped with an oxford cover that can effectively prevent the sand from blowing away.
- ⛱️【Perfect Outdoor Sand Play Station】Our 4 ft circle sandbox for kids can transform any backyard or outside playing area into an amusing entertainment playground where kids can socialize, entertain, and explore. The large sandbox measures 47″ x 8″ (Dia. x H) which needs 17 bags of sand to fill(Per sandbag loads 50 lbs). Note: the play-grade sand and toys are not included.
- ⛱️【Weather-Resistant & Durable Material】The kids outdoor sand box is crafted with premium HDPE material that shows excellent all weather resistance, great sturdiness, and lasting durability. Moreover, this sandbox with cover is also non-toxic, odor-free, and safe for kids to play with. And the cover is made of oxford fabric, which can also resist all weather.
- ⛱️【Tool-Free Assembly & Stakes for Stability】The kids sandbox is easy to set up and requires no tools for easy assembly. Just snap each panel together to a round shape, then install the bottom liner and add sand. Furthermore, we provide 6 metal stakes for securing into the sand or soil, preventing it from blowing away and falling off.
Additional Info :
6. KidKraft Wooden Backyard Sandbox with Built-in Corner Seating and Mesh Cover, Kid’s Outdoor Furniture, Honey, Gift for Ages 2-8
- Mesh cover for when sandbox is not in use
- Large enough that multiple children can play at once
- Smart, sturdy construction
- Reinforced wooden panels prevent warping and weathering
- Packaged with detailed, step-by-step assembly instructions
Additional Info :
7. Kids Outdoor play set Sandbox Beach Sand Playset Children Activity
- Holds 150 lbs of sand (not included)
- Classic turtle with friendly molded-in face and lots of turtle shell details
- Molded in detail on the bottom of the sandbox to encourage digging
- Large area for lots of sand play
- Removable lid that covers sand area
Additional Info :
8. Kids Sandbox with Cover, Wooden Sand Box with Adjustable Canopy, Canadian Wood Sandpit with Lid for Outdoor Backyard Play
- KIDS OUTDOOR SANDBOX: Our kids sandbox is made of Canadian Yellow Cedar (Cypress Wood）, deep firm square border ， a great outdoor play area and kid’s playground for your children to play sand.
- 360°ROTATABLE CANOPY: The nylon fabric canopy of wooden sandpit box is UV-Proof, water-resist, weather-resist, and can be adjusted in any height and angle, can be used as the sandbox’s cover too.
- BOTTOMLESS DESIGN: facilitates the drainage of the kids sandbox. Inside non-woven fabric can protect the cleanliness of the sand and easily store the sand. It is especially suitable for homes, lawns, gardens, beaches or other places where you want to place it.
- GREAT KIDS GIFT: It is a great kids gift for Children’s day, kids birthday and new year gift. Average assembly time: 35min, you can set up this sandbox in your garden, patio, lawn or porch, setup a cabana sand pit play station at backyard for your kids.
- KIDS SANDBOX PLAY STATION: Overall size (46.5 L x 46.5″ W x 46.5″ H); sand pit volume (5.3 Cub-fit); seat weight capacity (100 lbs); Our sandbox pass all (Children Product Certification) ASTM F963, CPSIA, CPSC, EN71.
Additional Info :
9. Wooden Outdoor Kids Sandbox Convertible Canopy Covered Sand Box Bench Seat Storage
- NEW Design! Convertible Canopy, Canopy Can Be Put Down The When Windy or heavy rain, Greatly reduce the possibility of weather damage. （Two people can be completed in just 2 minutes）
- Upgraded to a stronger hinge, will not easy to tear the wood, Benches fold flat to cover and protect the sand when play time is done!
- Measures 46.5″ inches L x 46.5″ inches W x 57″ inches H overall so there’s plenty of room for several kids to dig, build, and explore together.
- Made with heat-treated, stained cedar wood and rust-resistant hardware. Canopy top is made with waterproof fabric.
- Bottomless construction helps with drainage and allows you to adjust sand depth. Sand not included.
Additional Info :
10. HONEY JOY Kids Sandbox with Cover, Hexagon Wooden Bottomless Sand Pit Play Station w/Liner & Lid, Outdoor Sand Boxes for Kids Backyard
- ⛱️【Have Outdoor Fun with Sand】This hexagon wooden sandbox creates a safe and spacious playing area for children, which can accommodate 4-6 kids at the same time. Therefore, kids can dig, build and explore sand castle with their friends in this sandbox, enjoying the joy of sand playing.
- ⛱️【Bottomless Design & Liner】Bottomless design allows for better drainage and ventilation，which also helps kids to freely adjust sand depth according to their different building needs. And the liner is made of durable oxford fabric material, which is tear-resistant and fade-resistant, helping parents quickly store the play sand.
- ⛱️【Natural Fir Wood Material】Made of environmental-friendly fir wood material, this kids sandbox is safe enough for kids to use. Waterproof surface, beautiful wood vein and delicate workmanship make this sandbox with cover attractive and solid. Apart from that, the sand boxes for backyard with stable construction is not easy to crack and ensures a long-lasting service life.
- ⛱️【Protective Oxford Fabric Cover】The oxford fabric cover is able to protect against bad weather, sunlight, small animals and debris, which prolongs its service life and ensures more security. In addition, the cover is designed with convenient elastic design, which enables you to better fix the lid into the sandbox.
- ⛱️【Easy Assembly & Safe Use】This kids sandbox includes a detailed instruction and all required accessories for quick and easy assembly. Burr-free surface prevents kids from scratches. Each seat can support up to 110 lbs,which can well support your kids. Its tight connection can add more stability and sturdiness.
- Note: the play-grade sand and toys are not included.
Additional Info :
Buying Guide to Choose the Best kids sandbox with lids
kids sandbox with lids often takes more time to ship because many are assembled to order. Also, some gift baskets can only be shipped and delivered during the week due to the inclusion of perishables. Be sure to check processing and shipping times before ordering to ensure they’ll get there in time. If you’re ordering something that includes more delicate items, like cupcakes, you should be aware that they could get damaged (visually) in transport.
The kids sandbox with lids come in all shapes and sizes, but you’ll definitely want to read the “What’s Included” list carefully. Some gift baskets are super niche—all cheese or all nuts, for example—and others include a variety of items with a theme—like breakfast treats. Decide whether you’d rather gift someone larger quantities of a favorite food/drink or give them a wide selection to sample.
The boxes tend to be expensive because they include many expertly curated items. If you’re on a budget, look for smaller gift baskets that curate a singular type of item—fruit or chocolate, perhaps. But, if you have a larger budget, you may be able to select a gift basket with a variety of items, including tea, cheese, and other specialty goods. Consider how much you would pay for the individual items in the basket and then factor in the convenience of a pre-packaged selection, the presentation, and the uniqueness of the items (maybe the basket includes specialty items you can’t find easily elsewhere).
Techgearlab started our packability testing by measuring the actual dimensions of every model. They evaluated the diversity of objects they could fit inside and considered the efficiency of their overall size vs. capacity. We jammed them to the brim and then tried to find specific objects buried within. We tested lids and latches, considering their effectiveness and ease of use. We also took into account the optional sizes and colors in which each bin can be purchased.
To test each model’s versatility, we stacked them (if we could) in as many places as possible to see where they work best. We put them on garage shelves and closet tops, sliding them under beds and into cuboid living room shelves. And though the aesthetic appeal of anything is very subjective, we also evaluated their general look and where they’re best suited to “living.”
Testing this metric involved a lot of toting around full bins. We checked handles for placement, comfort, and security. We considered the box’s dimensions for easy carrying downstairs and through doorways. And we scrutinized how gracefully each could handle a load of seriously heavy books.
What Features Should You Look for in a kids sandbox with lids?
The selection of bins at The Bruins Blog offers convenient features that make storage and organization a breeze. Features include:
- Latching functionality – Add an extra layer of security to contents stowed inside with a latching lid. Enjoy peace of mind that the contents of the kids sandbox with lids will not spill during transport.
- Decorative embellishments – If your kids sandbox with lids is going to stay out in the open and be seen by employees or guests, look into the sleek and presentable designs, materials, and colors available at Staples.
- Transparent walls – When you have many identical kids sandbox with lids in close proximity and need to see the contents inside, look for boxes with transparent walls. The clear plastic construction makes it easier to find supplies without removing everything first.
- Collapsible construction – Collapsible boxes fold up for compact storage when not in use. When you have intermittent storage needs, these boxes can be easily hidden away without taking up much space at all.
- Open-top design – When you require constant and quick access to the contents inside, look or open-top storage bins. These boxes have no lids, but what they sacrifice in security they make up in sheer convenience.
- Locking mechanism – Some kids sandbox with lids contain locking mechanisms for secure storage of private or sensitive documents and materials.
- Soft material – For storing kids’ toys or pet toys, storage boxes made from fabric and other soft materials have no hard or sharp edges.
- Airtight lid – Airtight options are great for keeping contents from oxidizing, from old documents or belongings to perishables like snacks for the office.
- Handles – Small and medium boxes that will be moved around often benefit from handles for easy transport.
- Wheels – Some larger bins and totes feature smooth-rolling casters for easy mobility so you can rearrange the storage containers at will with no lifting necessary.
- Stackable – Store multiple bins easily, neatly, and efficiently with boxes that feature flat bottoms or notches that fit into indents in sister storage bins.
What to Consider to buy kids sandbox with lids
Before you choose a kids sandbox with lids for storing or moving your belongings, you’ll want to consider these factors:
- What will you be storing? Are the items fragile or easily broken? Will the contents easily absorb odors? How valuable are these items?
- Where will you be storing this stuff? Will you be storing inside your home in a closet where your stuff will stay cool and dry or inside your garage or attic, where they might be exposed to high temps and humidity? Do you plan to use an indoor storage unit, which can offer good protection against the elements?
- How long will you be storing? Will this be temporary storage that’s part of a move or remodeling project or long-term storage?
- How often will you need access? Will you be using these items occasionally, so you’d want easier access than something used just once a year or less?
Once you’re clear about these factors, you’re ready to consider the different types of storage boxes. While these range in price and quality, it’s important to choose boxes or containers that are appropriate for specific use.