When it comes to organizing all your things, there is no one correct way of doing it. While there are a few general rules and precautions to take into consideration—like storing in a cool, dark environment—overall, the right fixture box depends on your taste and preference.
These are the picks the pros use, recommended to us by experts.
List of 10 fixture box : Our top picks
1. Arlington FBX900 14.5 Cubic-inches Adjustable Fan and Fixture Mounting Box, 1-Pack
- No loose parts to misplace-self contained unit
- Installed nm94 connector
- Allows fans and fixtures to be perfectly centered in a room
- Parked in place installation screws make your projects easier
- Mounts fans and fixtures on cathedral ceilings between framing studs
Additional Info :
2. Southwire MSBFAN Fan Support 50/ lb, Maximum with Depth Adjustable, gray
- Depth Adjustable
- Quicker to install than a nail on box
- Extra thick wall material creates stability and rigidity
- Easily removed without creating damage to wall
- UL Listed; Madison Electric is now part of the Southwire family; Product packaging may vary
Additional Info :
3. Southwire MSBHW12 12″ Hollow Shanx 9/16 Socket, silver, medium
- A perfect cut every time
- No special hole saw or template required
- Location accuracy during installation
- Mounting hole spacing accommodates 3/0 and 4/0 fixtures, supports fixtures up to 6 lbs
- Requires 9/16 inch driver (not included).Madison Electric is now part of the Southwire family. Product packaging may vary
Additional Info :
4. C Cattleya Brass Outdoor Wall Sconce with Clear Tempered Glass Porch Light Fixtures Waterproof Rectangle Box Exterior Wall Lantern Lighting for Garage Garden Patio Staircase Balcony (Standard)
- SOLID BRASS FRAME: The rectangle framework of this outdoor wall lantern is crafted from solid brass, delivering an on-trend modern look, is perfectly highlighted with brass accents that impart just the right touch of golden warmth.
- CLEAR TEMPERED GLASS: This outdoor wall light equipped with 3 pieces of the clear tempered glass panels. There has perfect light transmittance property, hard and strong. Provides a beautiful light for your house.
- SPECAIL HANDLE DESIGN: The porch light fixture is designed with a glass door opened by a special handle which takes exquisite craftsmanship. It is easy for you to replace the bulb. The wall sconce requires a E26 base Bulb(Bulb Not Include).
- WEATHER RESISTANT: The brass wall sconce in dark bronze finish is weather-resistant. The straight clean lines look bring a contemporary yet clean feel as your front porch light, garage light, garden light, patio light, doorway light, entryway light, balcony light, foyer light, and corridor light.
- EASY TO INSTALL: Includes all mounting hardware for quick and easy installation. This outdoor wall sconce is ETL Listed for safety use. Any questions with the wall lantern sconce please feel free to contact us.
Additional Info :
5. TORCHSTAR Basic Series 12-Pack 12W 6 Inch LED Recessed Lighting with Junction Box, 5000K Daylight, 5%-100% Dimmable, ETL and Energy Star Certified
- 💡Convenient Use: This low profile LED recessed ceiling light with high brightness only requires 2 inches of clearance, making it the perfect solution for a narrow ceiling that doesn’t fit a housing can
- 💡Outstanding Lighting: This Energy Star certified slim light with an anti-glare and scratch resistant frosted LED lens only consumes 12-watts of power while providing you 1000lm of brightness, equal to a 100-watt incandescent lamp. This switch saves you $6,273 per set in its 54,000hrs lifespan
- 💡Easy Installation: The hassle-free installation can be done in seconds. Simply connect the provided j-box to the light using the male/female cables and use the spring clip to mount it on the ceiling. A recessed housing can no longer limits your choices. This IC-rated light is permitted to be in contact with the insulations in ceilings
- 💡Smooth Dimming: Compatible with the majority of the dimmers on the market, you can smoothly dim this slim LED downlight from 100%-5%. This light is perfect for doorways, hallways, closets, basements, kitchens, and so much more
- 💡Perfect Indoor Light: With the hassle-free installation not limited by a housing can, the smooth 100% – 5% dimming, and being a perfect fit for multiple indoor locations. You are sure to find a use for this light in closets, kitchen, hallways, doorways, basement, etc
Additional Info :
6. Arlington FS420SCL 20 Cubic-inches Fan/Fixture Box for Suspended Ceilings, Metallic, 1-Pack
- SECURE MOUNTING – Support exit lights, security cameras, smoke and carbon monoxide detectors – and light fixtures up to 50 lbs.
- NO ASSEMBLY REQUIRED – Arlington’s new all-metal fixture box is a one-piece assembly that ships ready to install on a 24″ suspended ceiling grid.
- PLATED STEEL CONTRICTION -Usable for Environmental Air Handling spaces.
- LOAD RATING – UL & CSA Rated: 50 lb fixture.
- SPECIFICATIONS – Weight: 1.8010 lbs/each – Height: 3.041″ – Width: 25.000″ – Style: 2″ Box Depth – Usage:Suspended Ceilings
Additional Info :
7. Arlington FBB900 Fan/Fixture Mounting Box 8 Inch x 8 Inch x 6.364 Inch 14.5 Cubic-Inch
- Fits cathedral ceilings with angle 80 degree or greater
- Measures 8 Inch x 8 Inch x 6.364 Inch
8. ARLINGTON FSC405R Sconce Box, Diameter: 4″, Non-Metallic
- Measures 4 Inch x 0.5 Inch
- Cubic capacity of 5 Cubic-Inch
- Comes in black color
Additional Info :
9. SONGMICS Jewelry Box with Glass Lid, 3-Layer Jewelry Organizer with 2 Drawers, Gift for Loved Ones, Smoky Blue UJBC239BU
- Find Your Jewels at a Glance: Boasting a glass lid, this jewelry box allows you to find your favorite jewels even before you open it. No more endless searching!
- All-Round Protection: With engineered wood, quality synthetic leather, and soft velvet lining, your precious gems and pearls will be well cared for here before their next show—no scratches, no bumps, no worries
- Storage for All: 3 layers, 7 rows, and 19 compartments from small to large. This jewelry case will bring your various treasures under control, from rings and studs to bracelets and necklaces, and everything in between
- An Extra Bit of Shine: Besides the sparkling jewels you store inside, the tasteful brushed handle also adds a bit of shine to your vanity while allowing you to open the jewelry box with a single hand
- Smile-Inducing Gift: Be it a friend or your beloved one, send this jewelry organizer to them and make the holiday or birthday a memorable one! Fill it with new jewelry as a cute surprise or let it stand on its own
Additional Info :
10. EDVIVI Marya Drum Crystal Chandelier, 4 Lights Glam Lighting Fixture with Chrome Finish, Adjustable Ceiling Light with Round Crystal Drum Shade, Dining Room Light for Living Room, Bedroom, Kitchen
- GLAM DESIGN: This luxurious modern chandelier features an intricate crystal encrusted drum shade, three rows of high-quality cascading hanging glass crystals and a durable chrome finish.
- AMBIENT LIGHTING: The 4-Light beaded crystal chandelier design ensures that a subtle glow of light is emitted in the room that adds drama and mood lighting. Takes four (4) max 60-watt candelabra (E12) bulbs (not included). Compatible with led bulbs for cost efficiency and energy saving.
- BRIGHTEN YOUR HOME: This drum pendant light would beautifully adorn any bedroom, living room or dining room with ambiance, light and style that captures the eye.
- FIXTURE DIMENSIONS: 17 in. Dia x 20 in. H with crystal hanging, Drum Dimensions: 17 in. Dia x 17 in. H
- ADJUSTABLE HANGING: The ceiling light fixture chain is 39 inches long and is adjustable. It can be shortened by removing some links, which makes it perfect for practically any ceiling height or room size. Maximum Height 60 in.
- CARE: Keep your Edvivi lighting fixture looking beautiful by cleaning your fixture regularly with a dry soft cloth or duster. Avoid using harsh chemicals and abrasives as they may damage the finish.
Additional Info :
Buying Guide to Choose the Best fixture box
fixture box often takes more time to ship because many are assembled to order. Also, some gift baskets can only be shipped and delivered during the week due to the inclusion of perishables. Be sure to check processing and shipping times before ordering to ensure they’ll get there in time. If you’re ordering something that includes more delicate items, like cupcakes, you should be aware that they could get damaged (visually) in transport.
The fixture box come in all shapes and sizes, but you’ll definitely want to read the “What’s Included” list carefully. Some gift baskets are super niche—all cheese or all nuts, for example—and others include a variety of items with a theme—like breakfast treats. Decide whether you’d rather gift someone larger quantities of a favorite food/drink or give them a wide selection to sample.
The boxes tend to be expensive because they include many expertly curated items. If you’re on a budget, look for smaller gift baskets that curate a singular type of item—fruit or chocolate, perhaps. But, if you have a larger budget, you may be able to select a gift basket with a variety of items, including tea, cheese, and other specialty goods. Consider how much you would pay for the individual items in the basket and then factor in the convenience of a pre-packaged selection, the presentation, and the uniqueness of the items (maybe the basket includes specialty items you can’t find easily elsewhere).
Techgearlab started our packability testing by measuring the actual dimensions of every model. They evaluated the diversity of objects they could fit inside and considered the efficiency of their overall size vs. capacity. We jammed them to the brim and then tried to find specific objects buried within. We tested lids and latches, considering their effectiveness and ease of use. We also took into account the optional sizes and colors in which each bin can be purchased.
To test each model’s versatility, we stacked them (if we could) in as many places as possible to see where they work best. We put them on garage shelves and closet tops, sliding them under beds and into cuboid living room shelves. And though the aesthetic appeal of anything is very subjective, we also evaluated their general look and where they’re best suited to “living.”
Testing this metric involved a lot of toting around full bins. We checked handles for placement, comfort, and security. We considered the box’s dimensions for easy carrying downstairs and through doorways. And we scrutinized how gracefully each could handle a load of seriously heavy books.
What Features Should You Look for in a fixture box?
The selection of bins at The Bruins Blog offers convenient features that make storage and organization a breeze. Features include:
- Latching functionality – Add an extra layer of security to contents stowed inside with a latching lid. Enjoy peace of mind that the contents of the fixture box will not spill during transport.
- Decorative embellishments – If your fixture box is going to stay out in the open and be seen by employees or guests, look into the sleek and presentable designs, materials, and colors available at Staples.
- Transparent walls – When you have many identical fixture box in close proximity and need to see the contents inside, look for boxes with transparent walls. The clear plastic construction makes it easier to find supplies without removing everything first.
- Collapsible construction – Collapsible boxes fold up for compact storage when not in use. When you have intermittent storage needs, these boxes can be easily hidden away without taking up much space at all.
- Open-top design – When you require constant and quick access to the contents inside, look or open-top storage bins. These boxes have no lids, but what they sacrifice in security they make up in sheer convenience.
- Locking mechanism – Some fixture box contain locking mechanisms for secure storage of private or sensitive documents and materials.
- Soft material – For storing kids’ toys or pet toys, storage boxes made from fabric and other soft materials have no hard or sharp edges.
- Airtight lid – Airtight options are great for keeping contents from oxidizing, from old documents or belongings to perishables like snacks for the office.
- Handles – Small and medium boxes that will be moved around often benefit from handles for easy transport.
- Wheels – Some larger bins and totes feature smooth-rolling casters for easy mobility so you can rearrange the storage containers at will with no lifting necessary.
- Stackable – Store multiple bins easily, neatly, and efficiently with boxes that feature flat bottoms or notches that fit into indents in sister storage bins.
What to Consider to buy fixture box
Before you choose a fixture box for storing or moving your belongings, you’ll want to consider these factors:
- What will you be storing? Are the items fragile or easily broken? Will the contents easily absorb odors? How valuable are these items?
- Where will you be storing this stuff? Will you be storing inside your home in a closet where your stuff will stay cool and dry or inside your garage or attic, where they might be exposed to high temps and humidity? Do you plan to use an indoor storage unit, which can offer good protection against the elements?
- How long will you be storing? Will this be temporary storage that’s part of a move or remodeling project or long-term storage?
- How often will you need access? Will you be using these items occasionally, so you’d want easier access than something used just once a year or less?
Once you’re clear about these factors, you’re ready to consider the different types of storage boxes. While these range in price and quality, it’s important to choose boxes or containers that are appropriate for specific use.