When it comes to organizing all your things, there is no one correct way of doing it. While there are a few general rules and precautions to take into consideration—like storing in a cool, dark environment—overall, the right control box for water heater depends on your taste and preference.
These are the picks the pros use, recommended to us by experts.
List of 10 control box for water heater : Our top picks
1. Reliance Hot Water Heater Gas Control Valve 100112336 1″ Cavity Thermostat Compatible with Reliance, State, A.O. Smith, and American branded heaters
- PLEASE PROVIDE MODEL AND SERIAL NUMBER OF YOUR WATER HEATER IF YOU NEED US TO DETERMINE CORRECT GAS VALVE PART NUMBER!
- Gas control valve is compatible with all A.O. Smith manufactured products including A.O. Smith, Reliance, State, and American branded heaters
- Temperature control assembly 100112336 supplies the burner with gas to heat the water
- Returning part because you purchased on that doesnt fit your heater is not allowed! Please confirm it fits by messaging us.
- A service technician is recommended for the repair to ensure the gas supply line is leak free
2. 100093769 Genuine OEM American Water Heaters Electronic Control Board And 100341931 Control Panel Cover
- This electronic control board kit (part number 100093769) is for water heaters.
- Electronic control board kit 100093769 controls the heating elements and monitors water temperature in the water heater. The kit may include multiple parts; refer to your parts diagram for a list of parts included.
- Disconnect electrical power to the water heater before installing this part. Wear work gloves to protect your hands.
- Control panel cover 100341931 attaches to and protects the control.
- Disconnect electrical power to the water heater and drain the tank before installing this part. Wear work gloves to protect your hands.
3. DEWENWILS Outdoor Pool Timer, Smart Switch Box for Water Heater, Pool Pump, SPA, Motor, Heavy Duty 40A 120-277 VAC, Compatible with TUYA Smart Life APP, Alexa, Google Assistant, ETL Listed
- HIGH POWER LOAD- Max 40 Amp 120-277 VAC 2HP load, operation from 120-277 VAC, ideal for outdoor/indoor heavy duty applications like water heaters,pool pumps,fountains,spa,mower, air conditioner and other equipment motors etc. It could control 1 device or 2 devices simultaneously
- APP & VOICE CONTROL-Control connected electrical devices by your smart phone(TUYA/ Smart Life app) from anywhere or by voice commends(compatible with Alexa & Google Assistant); no hub required; only support 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi network, schedule programmable, random, countdown, and repeat timer for your electric devices connected
- OUTDOOR RATED- ETL listed, the waterproof plastic shell prevents rainwater and dust from flowing into the junction box along the aperture, and the operation temperature is from -40℉to 140 ℉ and will not rust even after rain and wind, free yourself from the hassle of going outside to turn off or store devices in bad weather
- EASY TO INSTALL- The timer module is removable, it could be disassociated from the box to provide enough space and convenience for wiring and settings; the wiring holes have 2 sizes( 1/2” 3/4’’) to choose, while the wiring caps also included for easy installation
- WARM AFTER SERVICE- The installation, wiring and settings are shown in the instruction manual, if you have difficulty in installing or programming, please feel free to contact us to get professional help. One year warranty and lifetime technical support provided
Additional Info :
4. DEWENWILS Pool Pump Timer, Outdoor Smart Wi-Fi Box, Heavy Duty 40A 120-277 VAC 2HP Wireless Controller Timer for Pool, Water Heater, Compatible with Smart Phone, Alexa, Google Assistant, UL Listed
- HIGH POWER LOAD- Max 40 Amp 120-277VAC 2HP load, ideal for outdoor/indoor heavy duty applications like water heaters, pool pumps, fountains, spa, mower etc.
- REMOTE & VOICE CONTROL-Control connected electrical devices by your smart phone from anywhere or by your voice commends(compatible with Alexa & Google Assistant); no hub required (only 2.4GHz network compatible); up to 12 on/off settings, countdown, random, vacation, and light sensor modes to choose
- OUTDOOR RATED- Metal cover and waterproof pad design,prevent rainwater from flowing into the junction box along the aperture, free yourself from the hassle of going outside to turn off or store devices in bad weather
- EASY TO INSTALL&SET – Wi-Fi enabled to use your existing wireless router with no setup, or monthly charges, illustrated instruction help you to install and set it easily, and then you could share it with family members
- WARM AFTER-SALES SERVICE- One year warranty provided,if you face any technical issue, please feel free to contact us to get professional help.
Additional Info :
5. GE Heavy-Duty 7-Day Digital Box Timer Switch, Metal, Tamper Resistant, Battery Backup, Universal Voltage, 120, 240, 277 VAC, NEMA 3R-Rated, Indoor/Outdoor, Ideal for Pool Pumps, Water Heaters, 46537
- Heavy-Duty Digital Timer – The rain and rust proof metal construction is designed to withstand any weather forecast and is lockable tamper resistant and NEMA 3R-Rated
- Universal Voltage – Auto-sensing 120 VAC 240 VAC and 277 VAC compatibility adapts to required power to support a variety of equipment
- Programmed Settings – Up to nine ON/OFF timer settings are available including multiple weekday combinations single-day settings countdown or a summer time setting to personalize a 7-day cycle
- Variety and Convenience – This timer is compatible with single-pole single-throw and double-pole single-throw switches block terminals hold wires securely and has ½” and ¾” knockouts for easy wiring
- Ideal Use – Perfect for pool pumps water heaters outdoor lights fans AC units and other heavy-duty appliances this indoor/outdoor box timer is cUL Listed and recommended for certified electrician installation
Additional Info :
|Color||7-day Universal Vac|
6. Enbrighten GE Z-Wave Plus 40-Amp Indoor/Outdoor Metal Box Smart Switch, Direct Wire, 120-277VAC, for Pools, Pumps, Patio Lights, AC Units, Electric Water Heaters, 14285, Gray
- WEATHERPROOF – A rugged, wall-mount, metal NEMA-3R enclosure with lockable door withstands the elements for outdoor use while protecting wiring and settings against tampering.
- UNIVERSAL USE – With multiple configuration possibilities, the double-pole/single-throw switch supports 120-277VAC and up to 40A. Up to two 120VAC device can be connected with options for single- or dual-load control.
- ENERGY MONITORING – Remotely track Watts and kilowatt-hours when connected to a compatible Z-Wave hub that supports energy monitoring.
- OPERATION MODES – An integrated toggle switch allows the choice of manual or remote operation with ON, OFF and Z-Wave modes. Indicator LEDs are visible on the front of the housing to display power status without opening the water-tight door.
- EASY-ACCESS WIRING – Clearly numbered screw terminals provide fast, secure connections and are protected from accidental contact by a clear plastic guard.
Additional Info :
7. Aquanta Digital Water Heater Timer – Wifi Smart Water Heater Controller/Control – Smart Hot Water Heater Alternative – Programmable, Works with Gas Hot Water Heaters
- Convenient control of water heater from your smart phone
- Hot water availablity gauge
- Weekly and monthly usage data comparison
- Maintenance alerts, including leak detection
Additional Info :
8. GE Heavy-Duty Mechanical Box Timer Switch, Metal, Tamper Resistant, Voltage, 120, 240, 277, NEMA 3R-Rated, Indoor, Ideal for Pool Pumps, Water Heaters, Outdoor Lights, 46536, 24-Hour Universal VAC
- Heavy-Duty Mechanical Timer – The rain and rust-proof metal constructions is designed to withstand any weather forecast and is lockable, tamper resistant and NEMA 3R-Rated
- Universal Voltage – Auto-sensing 120 VAC, 240 VAC and 277 VAX compatibility adapts to required power to support a variety of equipment
- 24-Hour Cycle – The 30-minute interval pushpins accommodate several daily settings, allowing you to personalize multiple daily settings
- Variety and Convenience – This timer is compatible with single-pole single-throw and double-pole single-throw switches, block terminals hold wires securely and has ½” and ¾” knockouts for easy wiring
- Ideal Use – Perfect for pool pumps, water heaters, outdoor lights, fans, AC units and other heavy-duty appliances; this indoor/outdoor box timer is cUL Listed and recommended for certified electrician installation
Additional Info :
|Color||24-hour Universal Vac|
9. Honeywell WT8840B1000 Water Heater Gas Control Valve, NAT 160 Degree F 1″ Cavity
- Mounting in the upright position
- Temperature ratings: ambient– 0 c to 60 c. Inlet/Outlet Size (in.) – 1/2 inch. NPT x 1/2 inch. Inverted Flare. Capacity – Min. 30 ft3/hr, Max. 75ft3/hr
- Pressure regulator setting (psi): 5.0 in. Wc
- Temperature Range: 32 to 150 F
- An included integrated NTC temperature sensor reads water temperature within the appliance up to 221 F (105 C)
Additional Info :
10. EcoSmart ECO 11 Electric Tankless Water Heater, 13KW at 240 Volts with Patented Self Modulating Technology
- Endless On-Demand Hot Water; Consistent hot water when you need it that never runs out; Continuously monitored water temperature and controlled flow rates ensure efficiency and consistent performance within 1 degree of selected temperature
- Save Space; EcoSmart tankless electric water heaters are 90% smaller than traditional tank heaters; may be installed on wall or at point of use; Dimensions 11.5 x 8 x 3.75 inches
- Save Energy; EcoSmart tankless electric water heaters are 99% thermal energy efficient; Only heats water when called unlike a tank heater that maintains water temperature even when not being used.
- EcoSmart ECO 11 Sizing; 13-kilowatt tankless electric water heater ideal for providing hot water for a bathroom, small sink, office breakroom and other point-of-use or low-flow applications; provides between 1.3 and 3.1 gallons-per-minute depending on the inlet water temperature; refer to the sizing guide to select the proper solution
Additional Info :
Buying Guide to Choose the Best control box for water heater
control box for water heater often takes more time to ship because many are assembled to order. Also, some gift baskets can only be shipped and delivered during the week due to the inclusion of perishables. Be sure to check processing and shipping times before ordering to ensure they’ll get there in time. If you’re ordering something that includes more delicate items, like cupcakes, you should be aware that they could get damaged (visually) in transport.
The control box for water heater come in all shapes and sizes, but you’ll definitely want to read the “What’s Included” list carefully. Some gift baskets are super niche—all cheese or all nuts, for example—and others include a variety of items with a theme—like breakfast treats. Decide whether you’d rather gift someone larger quantities of a favorite food/drink or give them a wide selection to sample.
The boxes tend to be expensive because they include many expertly curated items. If you’re on a budget, look for smaller gift baskets that curate a singular type of item—fruit or chocolate, perhaps. But, if you have a larger budget, you may be able to select a gift basket with a variety of items, including tea, cheese, and other specialty goods. Consider how much you would pay for the individual items in the basket and then factor in the convenience of a pre-packaged selection, the presentation, and the uniqueness of the items (maybe the basket includes specialty items you can’t find easily elsewhere).
Techgearlab started our packability testing by measuring the actual dimensions of every model. They evaluated the diversity of objects they could fit inside and considered the efficiency of their overall size vs. capacity. We jammed them to the brim and then tried to find specific objects buried within. We tested lids and latches, considering their effectiveness and ease of use. We also took into account the optional sizes and colors in which each bin can be purchased.
To test each model’s versatility, we stacked them (if we could) in as many places as possible to see where they work best. We put them on garage shelves and closet tops, sliding them under beds and into cuboid living room shelves. And though the aesthetic appeal of anything is very subjective, we also evaluated their general look and where they’re best suited to “living.”
Testing this metric involved a lot of toting around full bins. We checked handles for placement, comfort, and security. We considered the box’s dimensions for easy carrying downstairs and through doorways. And we scrutinized how gracefully each could handle a load of seriously heavy books.
What Features Should You Look for in a control box for water heater?
The selection of bins at The Bruins Blog offers convenient features that make storage and organization a breeze. Features include:
- Latching functionality – Add an extra layer of security to contents stowed inside with a latching lid. Enjoy peace of mind that the contents of the control box for water heater will not spill during transport.
- Decorative embellishments – If your control box for water heater is going to stay out in the open and be seen by employees or guests, look into the sleek and presentable designs, materials, and colors available at Staples.
- Transparent walls – When you have many identical control box for water heater in close proximity and need to see the contents inside, look for boxes with transparent walls. The clear plastic construction makes it easier to find supplies without removing everything first.
- Collapsible construction – Collapsible boxes fold up for compact storage when not in use. When you have intermittent storage needs, these boxes can be easily hidden away without taking up much space at all.
- Open-top design – When you require constant and quick access to the contents inside, look or open-top storage bins. These boxes have no lids, but what they sacrifice in security they make up in sheer convenience.
- Locking mechanism – Some control box for water heater contain locking mechanisms for secure storage of private or sensitive documents and materials.
- Soft material – For storing kids’ toys or pet toys, storage boxes made from fabric and other soft materials have no hard or sharp edges.
- Airtight lid – Airtight options are great for keeping contents from oxidizing, from old documents or belongings to perishables like snacks for the office.
- Handles – Small and medium boxes that will be moved around often benefit from handles for easy transport.
- Wheels – Some larger bins and totes feature smooth-rolling casters for easy mobility so you can rearrange the storage containers at will with no lifting necessary.
- Stackable – Store multiple bins easily, neatly, and efficiently with boxes that feature flat bottoms or notches that fit into indents in sister storage bins.
What to Consider to buy control box for water heater
Before you choose a control box for water heater for storing or moving your belongings, you’ll want to consider these factors:
- What will you be storing? Are the items fragile or easily broken? Will the contents easily absorb odors? How valuable are these items?
- Where will you be storing this stuff? Will you be storing inside your home in a closet where your stuff will stay cool and dry or inside your garage or attic, where they might be exposed to high temps and humidity? Do you plan to use an indoor storage unit, which can offer good protection against the elements?
- How long will you be storing? Will this be temporary storage that’s part of a move or remodeling project or long-term storage?
- How often will you need access? Will you be using these items occasionally, so you’d want easier access than something used just once a year or less?
Once you’re clear about these factors, you’re ready to consider the different types of storage boxes. While these range in price and quality, it’s important to choose boxes or containers that are appropriate for specific use.