Luckily, there are a ton of boxes made specifically to protect your goods.
With so many wonderful baskets and bins available, it’s hard to choose the right childrens sand box one for the job.
We chose 10 of the most promising box options available today for side-by-side testing to find the very best.
List of 10 Best childrens sand box : Tried and Tested
1. Turtle Sandbox with Cover for Kids Outdoor Creative Play , New
- This playful outdoor Turtle Sandbox for kids is designed in the shape of a turtle and adorned with a happy, smiling face. Your child will make sand castles and scoop up piles of dirt for hours while sitting comfortably in this toy.
- The Sandbox comes with a sturdy lid that covers the play area to keep it clean and free of any unwanted debris. Place this activity sandbox in a comfortable spot in your yard, sit back and enjoy watching your little one play. Your child’s imagination is sure to get a wonderful workout in this sandbox.
- This playful outdoor Turtle Sandbox is designed in the shape of a turtle and adorned with a happy, smiling face.
- Your child will make sand castles and scoop up piles of dirt for hours while sitting comfortably in this toy.
- The Turtle Sandbox comes with a sturdy lid that covers the play area to keep it clean and free of any unwanted debris.
- Place this covered sandbox for kids in a comfortable spot in your yard, sit back and enjoy watching your little one play.
- Your child’s imagination is sure to get a wonderful workout playing in this sandbox.
2. Aivituvin Kids Sand Boxes with Canopy Sandboxes with Covers Foldable Bench Seats, Children Outdoor Wooden Playset – Upgrade Retractable Roof (47x47Inch)
- ★ NEW Design RETRACTABLE ROOF- UPGRADE the roof handle by using MUCH THICKER wood so it will not broken! Your kids will have a long period of sand time without the worry of sudden shower or ultraviolet ray. It keeps local cats out when the cover goes down.
- ★ Easy to Clean & Detachable Canopy- It is easy to wash and secure with the hook and loop fastener affixed to the canopy frame.
- ★ STURDY CONSTRUCTION- Dedicated T-shaped hinge ensure durability of the back rest. Hand grips make it easy to fold and unfold the benches. 2 benches for up to 4 children or 2 adults.
- ★ Bottomless design- Facilitates drainage, ventilation and adjustment of the depth of the sand. FREE Sand screen is included is for the easy storage of sand.
- ★ OVERALL DIMENSIONS: 47.2″(L) x 47.2″(W) x 51.9″(H); Bench Weight Capacity: 200 lbs. (each) Easy assembly with pre-drilled holes
Additional Info :
3. Little Tikes Dirt Diggers Excavator Sandbox for Kids, Including lid and Play Sand Accessories
- COOL CONSTRUCTION THEME – Construction themed sandbox for hours of fun!
- TRUCK RAMP – Lid doubles as a truck ramp.
- SCOOP, DIG & DUMP – Excavator really works to scoop, dig, & dump sand.
- SUPER SAND ACCESSORIES – Includes 6 sand accessories plus an exclusive Dirt Digger (TM) for enough toys to go around.
- HOLDS A TON OF SAND – Holds up to 100 lbs. of sand (not included)
- Ages 3+ years
Additional Info :
4. Crabbie Sandbox Kids Plastic Outdoor Sandbox with Cover
- Help your kids have endless hours of outdoor fun with the Crabbie Sandbox with 2 Built-In Seats and Cover. This adorable play structure is made using sturdy construction. The sandbox is crab shaped and bright red. It has the capacity to hold up to 300 lbs of sand and includes a protective cover to keep bugs and animals out.
- Additionally, the sandbox play set includes two molded-in seats for added comfort. This kids’ sand toy is suitable for children ages 1 year and up. No assembly is required on this sandbox so you can go ahead and set it up.
- Load it up with sand and watch kids flock to the toy to have fun. Two seats mean kids can actually sit down as they play. When you are done, simply put the cover back on the toy and store it away until next time.
- Give children the chance to play and have fun with this Crabbie Sandbox with 2 Built-In Seats and Cover.
- Dimensions: 47″W x 47.5″D x 16″H
- Sandbox holds 300 lbs of sand
Additional Info :
5. Jugader Sandbox with Cover, Sand Wall, Bottom Liner, Bench, Wooden Sand Box for Kids Outdoor
- 【Sand Wall Design】A funnier and more interesting combination! Put the sand into the funnels, then see the sand travels down the various chutes or see the spinning wheel by pulling the plastic card out. Your kids will love it. Sand storage:300lbs. Play sand is not included.❥The wheel will not spin if installation is wrong❥
- 【Splinter-less Wood】Made of premium cedar wood and coated by eco-friendly non-toxic water-based paint, this outdoor sandbox is much less prone to warping or cracking , ensuring the safety and health of kids at the same time.
- 【Humanity Design】There is a water-resistant cover with drawstring keeping the sand away from water or naughty animals, a bench providing comfortable space for your kids and you, and a non-woven ground cloth making the storage of sand became easier.
- 【Spacious Space with “Toy Storeroom”】The sand pit has a large capacity, providing a great play area for 2-3 children to play together, and the bottomless design enlarges the room for kids to dig and create their “Sand Kingdom”. Under the bench, there is room for your kids to store toys.
- 【Easy to Assemble】The sandbox is created with pre-punched holes, the assembly can be finished in a short time with the help of the detailed instruction of the user manual.
- *As a reliable seller, we are responsible for all products we sell. If there are any problems about product, please contact us. Rest assured to buy!
Additional Info :
6. Best Choice Products 47x47in Kids Large Wooden Sandbox for Backyard, Outdoor Play w/Cedar Wood, 2 Foldable Bench Seats, Sand Protection, Bottom Liner – Brown
- COMFORTABLE SEATING: Benches on opposite sides of the sandbox help keep moisture out and are made with backrests to keep kids comfortable and prevent falling backward as they play
- SEATS CONVERT TO COVER: Designed with 2 benches that seat up to 4 children or 2 adults and easily fold down into a split cover to keep the sand clear of debris
- CEDAR WOOD: Heat-treated cedar wood helps the sandbox remain sturdy and durable for a playtime solution that lasts through your child’s younger years
- BOTTOMLESS DESIGN W/ LINER: An included liner goes underneath the bottomless box to facilitate drainage, ventilation, and sand depth adjustment; NOTE: Play-grade sand is sold separately
- FUN FOR ANY AGE: Transform any backyard or outside play area into a space where toddlers and children can socialize, entertain, and explore; OVERALL DIMENSIONS: 47.25″(L) x 49″(W) x 8.5″(H); Bench Weight Capacity: 200 lbs. (each)
Additional Info :
7. KidKraft Wooden Pirate Sandbox with Canopy, Covered Children’s Sandbox, Outdoor Furniture – Blue & Red, Gift for Ages 3-8
- Convenient storage space
- Shady canopy
- Large enough for multiple children to play together
- Fun pirate-themed artwork
- Includes a mesh cover that snaps on over the sandbox
- Includes a clear plastic liner that goes underneath the sand
- Made of weather-resistant wood
- Packaged with detailed, step-by-step assembly instructions
Additional Info :
8. Kid’s Sandbox with Cover, Cedar Wood Sandpit w/ Adjustable Canopy for Outdoor Backyard Play
- Play with Nature: SoliWood’s Kids Sandbox with Cover is Made from Solid Cedar Wood, with Long-Lasting and Sturdy Quality, Anti-corrosion Performance, and Weather Resistance, Let Kids Play in Nature
- Play with Safe: SoliWood’s Sandbox for Kids is Painted with 100% Water Based Non-Smell Coating Material without any Chemical and Vocs, Let Kids Play Safely
- Keep Sunny and Rain Off: SoliWood’s SandPit Cabana has an Angle Adjustable Canopy, it Can be Adjust in Different Angle and Heights to Protect Kids from Sunlight and Rain, it Can be Used as Cover for the San Box
- Great Gift for Kids: SoliWood’s Wooden Outdoor Sand Box Playstation is Suitable for Home Outdoor Garden Patio Lawn Backyard, with Bottom Liner
- What Makes SoliWood’s SandBox Excellent: Overall Size 46.5 L x 46.5″ W x 46.5″ H, Inside Size 40″ L x 40″ W x 6.5″ H; Cetified with Children Products’ Standard: ASTM, F963, CPSIA; Required 30 Minutes DIY Assemble.
Additional Info :
9. Octagon Wooden Cedar Sand box w Seat Boards | Eco-Friendly Cover & Ground Liner | 84″ X 78″ x 9″ | 3/4″ Cedar Boards | Easy DIY Assembly | Holds 800+ lbs of Sand | Natural Cedar Beauty Built To Last
- EASY TO ASSEMBLE SANDBOX KIT: The perfect DIY sandbox engineered with our “slot system” for quick and easy assembly. Only tool required is a standard Phillips screwdriver and anyone can do it. No need to be handy or good with tools! Kit includes all panels & hardware, eco-friendly ground liner, eco-friendly top cover, and instructions. Does not include sand.
- REAL CEDAR SANDBOX IS NATURAL & BEAUTIFUL IN BACKYARD: (L) 84″ X 78″ (W) x 9″ (H). 3/4″ thick cedar panels hold up to 800 pounds of sand when assembled. Cedar timbers and green sandbox cover blend into any backyard play setting.
- SMOOTH CEDAR WOOD PANELS & WIDE SEATS ARE COMFORTABLE & BUILT TO LAST YEARS: Naturally resistant cedar wood is perfectly smooth & features our special “eased edges” for maximum smoothness to the touch. Water-based stain is eco-friendly, bringing out and preserving natural cedar color that lasts. Engineered to remain sturdy and durable for a playtime solution that lasts through your child’s younger years.
- FUN FOR AGE 18 MONTHS & OVER: Transform any backyard or outside play area into a space where toddlers and children can socialize, entertain and explore. Large enough for multiple children to play at same time.
- ECO-FRIENDLY TOP COVER & GROUND COVER KEEP OUT WEEDS: Weed-suppressant textile sheet allows for drainage and easy upkeep of your backyard sand box. Durable, eco-friendly polyethylene sandbox cover goes on in seconds to prevent excess moisture and unwanted animals.
Additional Info :
10. Step2 Naturally Playful Sandbox II with Bonus Sand Tools, Tan
- Kids Sandbox Is Designed To Blend In With Traditional Landscapes In Residential Outdoor Living Areas
- “Sunshine” Lid Protects Sand From Weather And Pets In Style
- Holds Up To 200 Lbs. (90.7 Kg) Of Sand, Not Included
- Minimal Adult Assembly Required
Additional Info :
We have something for everyone here, from comforting tea to coffee and cheese to specialized things—there’s a personalized childrens sand box for everyone in your life. If you know your giftee’s general interests, you can find them an appropriate childrens sand box.
Buying Guide to Choose the Best childrens sand box
childrens sand box often takes more time to ship because many are assembled to order. Also, some gift baskets can only be shipped and delivered during the week due to the inclusion of perishables. Be sure to check processing and shipping times before ordering to ensure they’ll get there in time. If you’re ordering something that includes more delicate items, like cupcakes, you should be aware that they could get damaged (visually) in transport.
The childrens sand box come in all shapes and sizes, but you’ll definitely want to read the “What’s Included” list carefully. Some gift baskets are super niche—all cheese or all nuts, for example—and others include a variety of items with a theme—like breakfast treats. Decide whether you’d rather gift someone larger quantities of a favorite food/drink or give them a wide selection to sample.
The boxes tend to be expensive because they include many expertly curated items. If you’re on a budget, look for smaller gift baskets that curate a singular type of item—fruit or chocolate, perhaps. But, if you have a larger budget, you may be able to select a gift basket with a variety of items, including tea, cheese, and other specialty goods. Consider how much you would pay for the individual items in the basket and then factor in the convenience of a pre-packaged selection, the presentation, and the uniqueness of the items (maybe the basket includes specialty items you can’t find easily elsewhere).
Techgearlab started our packability testing by measuring the actual dimensions of every model. They evaluated the diversity of objects they could fit inside and considered the efficiency of their overall size vs. capacity. We jammed them to the brim and then tried to find specific objects buried within. We tested lids and latches, considering their effectiveness and ease of use. We also took into account the optional sizes and colors in which each bin can be purchased.
To test each model’s versatility, we stacked them (if we could) in as many places as possible to see where they work best. We put them on garage shelves and closet tops, sliding them under beds and into cuboid living room shelves. And though the aesthetic appeal of anything is very subjective, we also evaluated their general look and where they’re best suited to “living.”
Testing this metric involved a lot of toting around full bins. We checked handles for placement, comfort, and security. We considered the box’s dimensions for easy carrying downstairs and through doorways. And we scrutinized how gracefully each could handle a load of seriously heavy books.
What Features Should You Look for in a childrens sand box?
The selection of bins at The Bruins Blog offers convenient features that make storage and organization a breeze. Features include:
- Latching functionality – Add an extra layer of security to contents stowed inside with a latching lid. Enjoy peace of mind that the contents of the childrens sand box will not spill during transport.
- Decorative embellishments – If your childrens sand box is going to stay out in the open and be seen by employees or guests, look into the sleek and presentable designs, materials, and colors available at Staples.
- Transparent walls – When you have many identical childrens sand box in close proximity and need to see the contents inside, look for boxes with transparent walls. The clear plastic construction makes it easier to find supplies without removing everything first.
- Collapsible construction – Collapsible boxes fold up for compact storage when not in use. When you have intermittent storage needs, these boxes can be easily hidden away without taking up much space at all.
- Open-top design – When you require constant and quick access to the contents inside, look or open-top storage bins. These boxes have no lids, but what they sacrifice in security they make up in sheer convenience.
- Locking mechanism – Some childrens sand box contain locking mechanisms for secure storage of private or sensitive documents and materials.
- Soft material – For storing kids’ toys or pet toys, storage boxes made from fabric and other soft materials have no hard or sharp edges.
- Airtight lid – Airtight options are great for keeping contents from oxidizing, from old documents or belongings to perishables like snacks for the office.
- Handles – Small and medium boxes that will be moved around often benefit from handles for easy transport.
- Wheels – Some larger bins and totes feature smooth-rolling casters for easy mobility so you can rearrange the storage containers at will with no lifting necessary.
- Stackable – Store multiple bins easily, neatly, and efficiently with boxes that feature flat bottoms or notches that fit into indents in sister storage bins.
MATCH THE childrens sand box TO THE USE
Before you choose a childrens sand box for storing or moving your belongings, you’ll want to consider these factors:
- What will you be storing? Are the items fragile or easily broken? Will the contents easily absorb odors? How valuable are these items?
- Where will you be storing this stuff? Will you be storing inside your home in a closet where your stuff will stay cool and dry or inside your garage or attic, where they might be exposed to high temps and humidity? Do you plan to use an indoor storage unit, which can offer good protection against the elements?
- How long will you be storing? Will this be temporary storage that’s part of a move or remodeling project or long-term storage?
- How often will you need access? Will you be using these items occasionally, so you’d want easier access than something used just once a year or less?
Once you’re clear about these factors, you’re ready to consider the different types of storage boxes. While these range in price and quality, it’s important to choose boxes or containers that are appropriate for specific use.