Luckily, there are a ton of boxes made specifically to protect your goods.
With so many wonderful baskets and bins available, it’s hard to choose the right cedar sandbox one for the job.
We chose 10 of the most promising box options available today for side-by-side testing to find the very best.
List of 10 Best cedar sandbox : Tried and Tested
1. Octagon Wooden Cedar Sand box w Seat Boards | Eco-Friendly Cover & Ground Liner | 84″ X 78″ x 9″ | 3/4″ Cedar Boards | Easy DIY Assembly | Holds 800+ lbs of Sand | Natural Cedar Beauty Built To Last
- EASY TO ASSEMBLE SANDBOX KIT: The perfect DIY sandbox engineered with our “slot system” for quick and easy assembly. Only tool required is a standard Phillips screwdriver and anyone can do it. No need to be handy or good with tools! Kit includes all panels & hardware, eco-friendly ground liner, eco-friendly top cover, and instructions. Does not include sand.
- REAL CEDAR SANDBOX IS NATURAL & BEAUTIFUL IN BACKYARD: (L) 84″ X 78″ (W) x 9″ (H). 3/4″ thick cedar panels hold up to 800 pounds of sand when assembled. Cedar timbers and green sandbox cover blend into any backyard play setting.
- SMOOTH CEDAR WOOD PANELS & WIDE SEATS ARE COMFORTABLE & BUILT TO LAST YEARS: Naturally resistant cedar wood is perfectly smooth & features our special “eased edges” for maximum smoothness to the touch. Water-based stain is eco-friendly, bringing out and preserving natural cedar color that lasts. Engineered to remain sturdy and durable for a playtime solution that lasts through your child’s younger years.
- FUN FOR AGE 18 MONTHS & OVER: Transform any backyard or outside play area into a space where toddlers and children can socialize, entertain and explore. Large enough for multiple children to play at same time.
- ECO-FRIENDLY TOP COVER & GROUND COVER KEEP OUT WEEDS: Weed-suppressant textile sheet allows for drainage and easy upkeep of your backyard sand box. Durable, eco-friendly polyethylene sandbox cover goes on in seconds to prevent excess moisture and unwanted animals.
Additional Info :
2. Best Choice Products 47x47in Kids Large Wooden Sandbox for Backyard, Outdoor Play w/Cedar Wood, 2 Foldable Bench Seats, Sand Protection, Bottom Liner – Brown
- COMFORTABLE SEATING: Benches on opposite sides of the sandbox help keep moisture out and are made with backrests to keep kids comfortable and prevent falling backward as they play
- SEATS CONVERT TO COVER: Designed with 2 benches that seat up to 4 children or 2 adults and easily fold down into a split cover to keep the sand clear of debris
- CEDAR WOOD: Heat-treated cedar wood helps the sandbox remain sturdy and durable for a playtime solution that lasts through your child’s younger years
- BOTTOMLESS DESIGN W/ LINER: An included liner goes underneath the bottomless box to facilitate drainage, ventilation, and sand depth adjustment; NOTE: Play-grade sand is sold separately
- FUN FOR ANY AGE: Transform any backyard or outside play area into a space where toddlers and children can socialize, entertain, and explore; OVERALL DIMENSIONS: 47.25″(L) x 49″(W) x 8.5″(H); Bench Weight Capacity: 200 lbs. (each)
Additional Info :
3. Badger Basket Covered Convertible Cedar Sandbox with Canopy and Bench Seats
- BUILT-IN BENCH SEATS: The unique sandbox design features fold-up bench seats that each hold up to 200 pounds. When sand play is done, simply unfold the seats and you have a built in cover
- INCLUDES COVER: When sand play is done, simply unfold the seats and you have a built in cover to keep unwanted animals and debris out of the sand
- SUN SHADE CANOPY: The backyard sandbox includes an attached waterproof fabric canopy to help shade little ones from the hot summer sun
- STURDY CEDAR WOOD: Each sandbox is heat treated and includes rust-resistant hardware to withstand harsh weather conditions
- OPEN BOTTOM DESIGN: Bottomless construction also allows for easier drainage to prevent water from puddling inside the sandbox and holds up to 750 pounds of sand
- SANDBOX DIMENSIONS: The sand box measures 46.5″ L x 46.5″ W x 9.5″ H (57″ H to canopy top). Each bench seat measures 44.75″L x 7.5″W x 7.5″H. Play area when bench seats are up measures 44.75″ x 31″
- A BRAND YOU CAN TRUST: Badger Basket is a family owned and U.S. based company with a long-standing history of creating quality products for you and your family. Families have trusted Badger Basket for over 75 years!
- Benches for playtime and canopy to protect from hot sun
- Made with solid wood
- Bottomless design allows you to customize the depth of sand
Additional Info :
4. Costzon Kids Wooden Cabana Sandbox with Canopy, Ground Liner, Cedar Square Sandbox, Children Outdoor Play Station for Backyard, Home, Lawn, Garden, Beach, Ideal for Kids Over 3 Years Old
- Removable Oxford Fabric Canopy: Costzon wooden cabana sandbox comes with canopy, which offers your kids shade in hot summer. The oxford fabric canopy is tear-resistant, fade-resistant and water-resistant, making it an ideal outdoor play station for kids. Hoop and loop fastener helps you to conveniently install or remove the canopy.
- Designed with 2 Storage Boxes: 2 side storage boxes allow for water play and other fun projects. Removable buckets with 5L capacity can hold various items, including sand, water and sand toys. Kids can joyfully play with their friends. Please note that the play-grade sand and toys are not included.
- Bottomless Sandbox with Liner: The bottomless design and liner promote ventilation and facilitate drainage. Our sandbox also allows you to adjust sand depth. Additionally, it protects against debris and animals, which can better ensure kid’s safety during their playing process.
- Wide Seat & Backrest Design: Designed with 2 benches on opposite sides, our sandbox offers your kids a comfortable seating area. The backrest design prevents kids from leaning back, ensuring more security. Each seat can support up to 110 lbs, which seats up to 3-4 kids.
- Safe & Durable Cedar Wood: Our outdoor sandbox is made of solid cedar wood, which is sturdy and safe to use, allowing kids to securely play in our sandbox. Burr-free design can also protect kids from scratches. Super firm connection ensures high durability, security and stability.
Additional Info :
5. Costzon Wooden Sandbox with Seat Boards, Oxford Cover,Ground Liner, 73″ x 64″ Hexagon Natural Cedar Wood Sand Box for 4-6 Kids to Play, Easy Assembly, Ideal for Outdoors, Backyard, Playground, Lawn
- Cedar Wood with Solid Structure: Featuring a strong and solid cedar wood structure with water-based finish, this sand box brings in pastoral beauty and practical function. The corner is rounded up with no burrs or splinters to pinch kids’ fingers. Each seat board can bear a maximum weight of 110 lbs.
- Generous Play Size: Our hexagon sandbox has a generous size of 73.2 x 63.8 x 8 inches, which encloses a significant scale of play area for 4-6 kids to play. Besides, the side seat board offers a relaxing spot for kids who get tired of crouching.
- Protective Cover & Ground Liner: Our hexagon sandbox comes with a protective cover to shelter the idle sandpit from weather elements, wild animals and debris. A ground liner is also included to better upkeep the sand pile and facilitate the drainage. Both using weather-resistant and wear-resistant oxford fabric, the cover and the liner can be used for a long time.
- Easy to Build: The illustrated instruction will give you a clear mind of how to install the sandbox. The easy installation process takes no expert to finish. Even the protective cover is easy to go in and put up with a bungee design. The delivery includes no sand and sand toys.
- Backyard Play Center: Transform any backyard or outside play area into a space where children can socialize, entertain and explore. This hexagon sandbox is an ideal outdoor center for any kid over 3 years old for castle building, digging, and more outdoor fun.
Additional Info :
6. Badger Basket Covered Convertible Cedar Sandbox with Two Bench Seats Cedar Sandbox, Natural/Green, 46.5 x 46.5 x 9.5 (99870)
- Features two benches and measures 46.5 inches L x 46.5 inches W x 9.5 inches H
- Benches fold flat to cover and protect the sand when play time is done
- Hand grips make it easy to fold and unfold
- Bottomless construction helps with drainage and allows you to adjust sand depth
- Made with heat-treated, stained cedar wood and rust-resistant hardware
Additional Info :
7. JOYMOR Kids Wooden Sandbox with Canopy Cover Outdoor Sandbox with Built in Bench Seat 47×47 inch Cedar Sandbox Play Station with Liner for Backyard, Home and Lawn UV-Resistant
- STURDY CONSTRUCTION: Made of superior heat-treated stained fir wood and rust-resistant hardware and all finishes are non-toxic
- BOTTOMLESS DESIGN WITH LINER: Open bottom with liner facilitate drainage, air the sand and allow you to adjust sand depth
- FOLD OUT THE DOORS OF THE SANDBOX: The benches fold flat to cover the sandpit. Hand grips make it easy to fold and unfold. Each folded bench can support up to 200 pounds
- Partner Time: The sandbox provides sufficient space inside for more than one kid, including a water & UV-resistant cover to protect children from hot sun and rain
- ASSEMBLY: Adult assembly required. We don’t recommend installing the sandbox on the surface of brick pavers or concrete since it will interfere with drainage and damage the product. Pay attention to the illustrations and don’t overtighten the screws
Additional Info :
8. Kid’s Sandbox with Cover, Cedar Wood Sandpit w/ Adjustable Canopy for Outdoor Backyard Play
- Play with Nature: SoliWood’s Kids Sandbox with Cover is Made from Solid Cedar Wood, with Long-Lasting and Sturdy Quality, Anti-corrosion Performance, and Weather Resistance, Let Kids Play in Nature
- Play with Safe: SoliWood’s Sandbox for Kids is Painted with 100% Water Based Non-Smell Coating Material without any Chemical and Vocs, Let Kids Play Safely
- Keep Sunny and Rain Off: SoliWood’s SandPit Cabana has an Angle Adjustable Canopy, it Can be Adjust in Different Angle and Heights to Protect Kids from Sunlight and Rain, it Can be Used as Cover for the San Box
- Great Gift for Kids: SoliWood’s Wooden Outdoor Sand Box Playstation is Suitable for Home Outdoor Garden Patio Lawn Backyard, with Bottom Liner
- What Makes SoliWood’s SandBox Excellent: Overall Size 46.5 L x 46.5″ W x 46.5″ H, Inside Size 40″ L x 40″ W x 6.5″ H; Cetified with Children Products’ Standard: ASTM, F963, CPSIA; Required 30 Minutes DIY Assemble.
Additional Info :
9. Wooden Cedar Sand Box w Seat, Large Sandbox for Backyard Outdoor Kids Sandpit with Bottom Liner-Adjustable Canopy Shade
Additional Info :
10. Hexagon Wooden Sandbox w Seat Boards | Eco-Friendly Cover & Ground Liner | 59″ x 51″ x 9″ | 3/4″ Cedar Boards | Easy DIY Assembly | Holds 300+ lbs of Sand | Natural Cedar Beauty Built To Last
- Wooden sandbox with cover can be installed on any level surface – designed for residential use only
- DIY sandbox kit has treated cedar timbers and hardware that make building a sandbox easy and will weather years of outdoor use
- 59” L x 51” W x 9” H sand box holds up to 350 lbs of sand when assembled
- Wide seat boards surrounding kids sandbox allow for comfortable supervision and shared playtime
- Weed-suppressant textile sheet allows for drainage and easy upkeep of your children’s sandbox
- Durable, eco-friendly polyethylene sandbox cover goes on in seconds to prevents excess moisture and unwanted animals
- Cedar timbers and green sandbox cover blend in to any backyard play setting
- Enhance imagination and cooperative play with a fun, safe sandbox experience
- Sandbox kit includes necessary panels & hardware, ground liner & top cover, and instructions for how to build a sandbox
Additional Info :
We have something for everyone here, from comforting tea to coffee and cheese to specialized things—there’s a personalized cedar sandbox for everyone in your life. If you know your giftee’s general interests, you can find them an appropriate cedar sandbox.
Buying Guide to Choose the Best cedar sandbox
cedar sandbox often takes more time to ship because many are assembled to order. Also, some gift baskets can only be shipped and delivered during the week due to the inclusion of perishables. Be sure to check processing and shipping times before ordering to ensure they’ll get there in time. If you’re ordering something that includes more delicate items, like cupcakes, you should be aware that they could get damaged (visually) in transport.
The cedar sandbox come in all shapes and sizes, but you’ll definitely want to read the “What’s Included” list carefully. Some gift baskets are super niche—all cheese or all nuts, for example—and others include a variety of items with a theme—like breakfast treats. Decide whether you’d rather gift someone larger quantities of a favorite food/drink or give them a wide selection to sample.
The boxes tend to be expensive because they include many expertly curated items. If you’re on a budget, look for smaller gift baskets that curate a singular type of item—fruit or chocolate, perhaps. But, if you have a larger budget, you may be able to select a gift basket with a variety of items, including tea, cheese, and other specialty goods. Consider how much you would pay for the individual items in the basket and then factor in the convenience of a pre-packaged selection, the presentation, and the uniqueness of the items (maybe the basket includes specialty items you can’t find easily elsewhere).
Techgearlab started our packability testing by measuring the actual dimensions of every model. They evaluated the diversity of objects they could fit inside and considered the efficiency of their overall size vs. capacity. We jammed them to the brim and then tried to find specific objects buried within. We tested lids and latches, considering their effectiveness and ease of use. We also took into account the optional sizes and colors in which each bin can be purchased.
To test each model’s versatility, we stacked them (if we could) in as many places as possible to see where they work best. We put them on garage shelves and closet tops, sliding them under beds and into cuboid living room shelves. And though the aesthetic appeal of anything is very subjective, we also evaluated their general look and where they’re best suited to “living.”
Testing this metric involved a lot of toting around full bins. We checked handles for placement, comfort, and security. We considered the box’s dimensions for easy carrying downstairs and through doorways. And we scrutinized how gracefully each could handle a load of seriously heavy books.
What Features Should You Look for in a cedar sandbox?
The selection of bins at The Bruins Blog offers convenient features that make storage and organization a breeze. Features include:
- Latching functionality – Add an extra layer of security to contents stowed inside with a latching lid. Enjoy peace of mind that the contents of the cedar sandbox will not spill during transport.
- Decorative embellishments – If your cedar sandbox is going to stay out in the open and be seen by employees or guests, look into the sleek and presentable designs, materials, and colors available at Staples.
- Transparent walls – When you have many identical cedar sandbox in close proximity and need to see the contents inside, look for boxes with transparent walls. The clear plastic construction makes it easier to find supplies without removing everything first.
- Collapsible construction – Collapsible boxes fold up for compact storage when not in use. When you have intermittent storage needs, these boxes can be easily hidden away without taking up much space at all.
- Open-top design – When you require constant and quick access to the contents inside, look or open-top storage bins. These boxes have no lids, but what they sacrifice in security they make up in sheer convenience.
- Locking mechanism – Some cedar sandbox contain locking mechanisms for secure storage of private or sensitive documents and materials.
- Soft material – For storing kids’ toys or pet toys, storage boxes made from fabric and other soft materials have no hard or sharp edges.
- Airtight lid – Airtight options are great for keeping contents from oxidizing, from old documents or belongings to perishables like snacks for the office.
- Handles – Small and medium boxes that will be moved around often benefit from handles for easy transport.
- Wheels – Some larger bins and totes feature smooth-rolling casters for easy mobility so you can rearrange the storage containers at will with no lifting necessary.
- Stackable – Store multiple bins easily, neatly, and efficiently with boxes that feature flat bottoms or notches that fit into indents in sister storage bins.
MATCH THE cedar sandbox TO THE USE
Before you choose a cedar sandbox for storing or moving your belongings, you’ll want to consider these factors:
- What will you be storing? Are the items fragile or easily broken? Will the contents easily absorb odors? How valuable are these items?
- Where will you be storing this stuff? Will you be storing inside your home in a closet where your stuff will stay cool and dry or inside your garage or attic, where they might be exposed to high temps and humidity? Do you plan to use an indoor storage unit, which can offer good protection against the elements?
- How long will you be storing? Will this be temporary storage that’s part of a move or remodeling project or long-term storage?
- How often will you need access? Will you be using these items occasionally, so you’d want easier access than something used just once a year or less?
Once you’re clear about these factors, you’re ready to consider the different types of storage boxes. While these range in price and quality, it’s important to choose boxes or containers that are appropriate for specific use.