When it comes to organizing all your things, there is no one correct way of doing it. While there are a few general rules and precautions to take into consideration—like storing in a cool, dark environment—overall, the right cedar planter box diy depends on your taste and preference.
These are the picks the pros use, recommended to us by experts.
List of 10 cedar planter box diy : Our top picks
1. Outsunny 48” Raised Garden Bed, Elevated Wooden Planter Box DIY Paint with Holes for Vegetables, Herb and Flowers Backyard, Patio, Balcony Use
- LOTS OF GROWING SPACE: 32″L x 16″W x 7″H Size of our elevated planter box with legs is spacious enough to provide your plants and vegetables with ample room to breathe and grow healthy.
- PROPER DRAINAGE: This elevated garden planters allows excess water to drain out, keeping soil fresh and protecting plants from waterlogging or mineral buildup.
- INNER BAG INCLUDED: This elevated garden bed is built with non-woven fabric material that provides airflow throughout the soil and prevents soil erosion.
- NO NEED TO BEND DOWN: The raised design makes this raised garden bed with legs perfect for those who don’t like to bend down or lean over while they garden. And the raised planter box can reduce back and knee strain and also helps protect plants from rabbits and other uninvited elements.
- RAISED GARDEN BOX Overall Dimension: 33.75″ L x 18″ W x 30″ H, Planter Bed Size: 31.5″ L x 15.75″ W x 7.25″ H. Weight Capacity:40 lbs. Easy assembly is required.
Additional Info :
2. MIXC Wooden Raised Garden Bed with Legs, 48”L X 24”W, Elevated Reinforced Large Planter Box for Vegetable Flower Herb Outdoors – Beam and Column Structure – Unmatched Strength Outlast
- Reasonable Size and Wood Combination: MIXC raised garden beds is made of untreated fir wood, which resists warping and splitting over time better than cedar. The support part is made of Pinus radiata with better load-bearing properties. Overall Dimension: 48”(L) X 24.4”(W) X 31”(H). 9” Deep.
- Application of Building Science: Based on the advice of woodworking experts, A structure of columns and beams is used in MIXC g arden bed, making the planting bed stronger than dovetail joint. It is dimensionally accurate to the millimeter level for each component, based on structural mechanics and the properties of wood. The table legs are painted with waterproof paint that can effectively prevent the legs from rotting. The service life is up to 3 years in outdoor environment.
- Drainage Holes & Inner Liner: Four drainage holes are convenient to drain out excess water. Besides, A Waterproof PE rubber membrane(67”*55”) is provided for you to DIY. The liner helps to keep soil and moisture from rotting the wood.
- Why Choose Us: With better understanding the garden bed’s weakness, we, as a professional gardening product brand, are dedicated to solving the problem. many other products run out of steam after a few months of use. That’s why we spend a lot of time on research to improve the performance of our products, just so that the plants can stay with you safely after starting your growing process. We focus more on the long-term value than just low price!
- What You Get: One garden bed + Black waterproof PE film+ screwdriver + Installation guide, MIXC worry-free 24-month warranty, and friendly customer service
Additional Info :
3. Outsunny 39” x 39” Screwless Raised Garden Bed, Wooden Planter Box, Easy DIY Herb Garden for Vegetable Flower Herb Outdoor Lawn Yard Patio
- NEWEST ASSEMBLY METHOD: The most beautiful design of our raised garden box allows for easy and quick assembly without the use of screws; connect the sides
- OPEN BOTTOM: Designed with an available base to prevent water buildup and rot while providing easy access to nutrients for the roots
- LOW MAINTENANCE REQUIREMENTS: Because the surface has been specially treated, our high-quality raised bed for gardening will last for years without requiring much care or maintenance
- ROOM TO GROW: With its solid supporting frame, the large planter raised bed provides more space to grow vegetables, herbs, flowers, and plants
- RAISED PLANTER BOX DIMENSION: Overall Dimensions: 39.25″L x 39.25″W x 6.25″H, Planting Area: 33.5″L x 33.5″W x 6.25″H
Additional Info :
4. Yaheetech 34x18x30in 2 Tiers Raised Garden Bed Planter Box with Legs & Storage Shelf Wooden Elevated Vegetable Growing Bed for Flower/Herb/Backyard/Patio/Balcony
- NATURAL: Our planting bed is made of 100% natural wood. The wood is finely polished, with a smooth surface and no burrs.
- STRONG & STABLE: Reinforced wooden bars are added at the bottom to enhance the stability of the elevated garden bed.
- DRAINAGE HOLES: Thanks to these holes at the board, they maintain good ventilation and drainage, conducive to plant roots breathing.
- EXTRA STORAGE SPACE: The bottom shelf provides extra storage space for garden tools, keeping tools and small flowerpots handy.
- NICE-LOOKING GARDENING ACCESSORY: The natural color makes your garden and greenhouse more original and healthy, and its natural wood grain on the boards bring a rustic and natural style to your garden.
Additional Info :
5. Best Choice Products 3-Tier Fir Wood Raised Garden Bed Planter Kit for Plants, Herbs, Vegetables, Outdoor Gardening w/Stackable & Flat Arrangement, Easy Assembly – Natural
- CUSTOMIZE EACH TIER: This 4x4ft garden bed has 3 tiers to keep sections divided and organized; separate vegetables, herbs, flowers, and other plants
- STAIR-STEP DESIGN: Designed with 3 different depths: 22in, 15in, and 8in – making it perfect for growing plants and vegetables with root lengths from short to medium and long
- DIFFERENT ARRANGEMENTS: Stack the planter up tall for a 3-tier design, or lay each section out in a flat line for 3 planting areas of different sizes
- EASY ASSEMBLY + STURDY BUILD: No tools are required for setup, as you can seamlessly slide panels into the slots of the sturdy, reinforced corners to build your new garden bed in just minutes!
- DURABLE FIR WOOD: The natural appeal of this garden bed is highlighted by a Chinese fir wood design that resists breakdown for long-lasting use; OVERALL DIMENSIONS: 48.5″(L) x 48.5″(W) x 21.75″(H)
Additional Info :
6. Yaheetech Wooden Raised Garden Bed Divisible Elevated Planting Planter Box for Flowers/Vegetables/Herbs in Backyard/Patio Outdoor Natural Wood 97 x 25 x 11in
- Multifunctional: This garden bed planter is separated into two growing area for different plants or planting methods. The baffle can be removed to create a bigger growing area if needed. You can get several garden beds to design and build your own dream garden.
- Useful & practical: With this helpful planter, you can cultivate plants like vegetable, flowers, or herbs in your patio, yard, garden and greenhouse, making them more convenient to manage. Yaheetech large raised garden bed provides ample growing space for your plants.
- Simple assembly: This divisible garden bed is built in a simple yet stable structure by heavy duty screws, which is very easy and quick to set up. The accessories and instruction are included.
- Low maintenance required: Our high-quality garden bed planter is built to last for years without much care and maintenance.
- A single piece of side plate: Comparing to other planting beds that have several small pieces of wooden plates at the side, our planting raised bed has a piece of complete side plate at each side of the garden bed. It is fixed firmly without leakage of soil. The whole structure is very stable, and the installation is very easy.
Additional Info :
7. CYS EXCEL Natural Brown Wood Rectangle Planter Box with Removable Plastic Liner (H:4″ Open:10″x5″) | Multiple Color Choices Rustic Wooden Planters | Indoor Decorative Box
- Dimensions – Height: 4″ | Opening: 10″x5″ | Interior Dimensions: L-9″ x W-4″ H-3.5″ | Wood Thickness: 0.3″ | Brown Wood Color | Pack of 1
- Quality – Hand Made Paulownia Wood Planter Box. Removable watertight plastic liner included. Recommended for indoor use. Outdoor use may cause damage to the wood box due to outdoor conditions. No drainage hole included for plants.
- Design – The perfect sized planter box. The thick wood walls are glued and nailed together for strength and durability. The clear plastic liner is designed to hold the soil and water within to prevent leakage and spills yet appearing almost invisible.
- Uses – The planter box is a great fit for your farm-style home décor. For all the modern urban home décor lovers, the wood planter box is an easy and practical decoration for the contemporary house. It is perfect for small plants and craft projects.
- Occasions – The wood planter box delivers a warming message to the surrounding environment. It attracts attention due to the natural character of the item. It makes for a unique centerpiece for any event or home. It also makes for the perfect gift.
Additional Info :
8. Garden Builder: Plans and Instructions for 35 Projects You Can Make
Additional Info :
9. GADI Raised Garden Bed Kit for Vegetables Flower Galvanized Metal Planter Boxs Designed for Easy DIY and Cleaning Not Twist Or Rot (Color A- Silver)
- More suitable raised garden bed size and Volume：67″L x 20″W x10″H， 7 Cu. Ft. You can cultivate plants, like vegetables, flowers, herbs in your patio, yard, garden, and greenhouse.
- BUILT TO LAST: The raised garden bed body made of steel plates galvanized layer, strong anti-rust performance to keep your garden bed looking its best for years to come.
- OPEN-BOTTOM GARDEN BED: Built with an open base to prevent water buildup and rot, while allowing roots easy access to nutrients.
- Side ventilation：Side ventilation can enhance the respiration of plant roots and facilitate the removal of excess water. Keep your plants healthy!
- Easy-to-assemble: This raised garden bed is designed in a simple but stable structure, which is very easy and quick to put together. Necessary hardware and instruction are included.
Additional Info :
10. Best Choice Products 96x24x10in Outdoor Wooden Raised Garden Bed Planter for Vegetables, Grass, Lawn, Yard – Natural
- BUILT TO LAST: Made of natural Chinese Fir wood to provide a gardening solution constructed to last through every season without discoloring or breaking down over the years
- EASY ASSEMBLY: Pre-sanded panels built with dovetail joints slide together and lock in place with screw-fastened posts for a quick, sturdy assembly
- MAXIMIZE SPACE: 8-foot garden bed provides ample space for plants to grow with an included liner to separate the wood from the soil and keep it in excellent condition
- GARDEN ORGANIZER: Separate and sort various types of plants, vegetables, fruits, and flowers with the included middle divider
- OUTDOOR ACCENT: Perfect decoration accessory that will complement any front or backyard, grass area, or budding garden; OVERALL DIMENSIONS: 96″(L) x 24″(W) x 10″(H)
Additional Info :
Buying Guide to Choose the Best cedar planter box diy
cedar planter box diy often takes more time to ship because many are assembled to order. Also, some gift baskets can only be shipped and delivered during the week due to the inclusion of perishables. Be sure to check processing and shipping times before ordering to ensure they’ll get there in time. If you’re ordering something that includes more delicate items, like cupcakes, you should be aware that they could get damaged (visually) in transport.
The cedar planter box diy come in all shapes and sizes, but you’ll definitely want to read the “What’s Included” list carefully. Some gift baskets are super niche—all cheese or all nuts, for example—and others include a variety of items with a theme—like breakfast treats. Decide whether you’d rather gift someone larger quantities of a favorite food/drink or give them a wide selection to sample.
The boxes tend to be expensive because they include many expertly curated items. If you’re on a budget, look for smaller gift baskets that curate a singular type of item—fruit or chocolate, perhaps. But, if you have a larger budget, you may be able to select a gift basket with a variety of items, including tea, cheese, and other specialty goods. Consider how much you would pay for the individual items in the basket and then factor in the convenience of a pre-packaged selection, the presentation, and the uniqueness of the items (maybe the basket includes specialty items you can’t find easily elsewhere).
Techgearlab started our packability testing by measuring the actual dimensions of every model. They evaluated the diversity of objects they could fit inside and considered the efficiency of their overall size vs. capacity. We jammed them to the brim and then tried to find specific objects buried within. We tested lids and latches, considering their effectiveness and ease of use. We also took into account the optional sizes and colors in which each bin can be purchased.
To test each model’s versatility, we stacked them (if we could) in as many places as possible to see where they work best. We put them on garage shelves and closet tops, sliding them under beds and into cuboid living room shelves. And though the aesthetic appeal of anything is very subjective, we also evaluated their general look and where they’re best suited to “living.”
Testing this metric involved a lot of toting around full bins. We checked handles for placement, comfort, and security. We considered the box’s dimensions for easy carrying downstairs and through doorways. And we scrutinized how gracefully each could handle a load of seriously heavy books.
What Features Should You Look for in a cedar planter box diy?
The selection of bins at The Bruins Blog offers convenient features that make storage and organization a breeze. Features include:
- Latching functionality – Add an extra layer of security to contents stowed inside with a latching lid. Enjoy peace of mind that the contents of the cedar planter box diy will not spill during transport.
- Decorative embellishments – If your cedar planter box diy is going to stay out in the open and be seen by employees or guests, look into the sleek and presentable designs, materials, and colors available at Staples.
- Transparent walls – When you have many identical cedar planter box diy in close proximity and need to see the contents inside, look for boxes with transparent walls. The clear plastic construction makes it easier to find supplies without removing everything first.
- Collapsible construction – Collapsible boxes fold up for compact storage when not in use. When you have intermittent storage needs, these boxes can be easily hidden away without taking up much space at all.
- Open-top design – When you require constant and quick access to the contents inside, look or open-top storage bins. These boxes have no lids, but what they sacrifice in security they make up in sheer convenience.
- Locking mechanism – Some cedar planter box diy contain locking mechanisms for secure storage of private or sensitive documents and materials.
- Soft material – For storing kids’ toys or pet toys, storage boxes made from fabric and other soft materials have no hard or sharp edges.
- Airtight lid – Airtight options are great for keeping contents from oxidizing, from old documents or belongings to perishables like snacks for the office.
- Handles – Small and medium boxes that will be moved around often benefit from handles for easy transport.
- Wheels – Some larger bins and totes feature smooth-rolling casters for easy mobility so you can rearrange the storage containers at will with no lifting necessary.
- Stackable – Store multiple bins easily, neatly, and efficiently with boxes that feature flat bottoms or notches that fit into indents in sister storage bins.
What to Consider to buy cedar planter box diy
Before you choose a cedar planter box diy for storing or moving your belongings, you’ll want to consider these factors:
- What will you be storing? Are the items fragile or easily broken? Will the contents easily absorb odors? How valuable are these items?
- Where will you be storing this stuff? Will you be storing inside your home in a closet where your stuff will stay cool and dry or inside your garage or attic, where they might be exposed to high temps and humidity? Do you plan to use an indoor storage unit, which can offer good protection against the elements?
- How long will you be storing? Will this be temporary storage that’s part of a move or remodeling project or long-term storage?
- How often will you need access? Will you be using these items occasionally, so you’d want easier access than something used just once a year or less?
Once you’re clear about these factors, you’re ready to consider the different types of storage boxes. While these range in price and quality, it’s important to choose boxes or containers that are appropriate for specific use.