An oscilloscope is a device used to measure electrical waveforms and display the results on its LCD screen. 200MHz oscilloscopes are digital hence supporting several channels and offering high resolution compared to standard oscilloscopes. They are also lightweight and small in size; therefore, you can conveniently carry them from one place to another without much hassle.
Both beginners and hobbyists use these 200MHz oscilloscopes in various electronic circuit operations to measure and track voltage changes over a certain period. They have wide applications like electronic product design, electronic engineering education, industrial control & measuring, academic experiment, debugging & maintenance, and electrical circuit function tests.
When selecting an oscilloscope, it is essential you clearly understand your work needs and the functions required. By understanding these, you will be better positioned to choose the ideal oscilloscope depending on the nature of your work. 200MHz oscilloscopes are so many on the market, and selecting the best is not an easy task. But you need not worry because, in this guide, we have provided the best 200MHz oscilloscopes to help you pick the best without sifting between the many available options.
Our Favorite Best 200MHz Oscilloscope
Top 5 Best Cheap Oscilloscope Reviews- 2022
1. Siglent Technologies SDS1202X-E 200 MHz Digital Oscilloscope
The SDS1202X-E has two channels and a bandwidth of 200MHz that allows you to detect many signals. Its memory depth is 14 Mpts, and a real-time sampling rate is up to 1 GSa/s to enable you to identify complex problems, which is a feature that lacks in other standard oscilloscopes. The device is equipped with an intuitive user interface with easy-to-use buttons and knobs; hence it is user-friendly and ideal for beginners. Besides, it has a serial bus decoding function that helps display the decoding via the events list. The unit has a large color LCD with a resolution of 800 * 480 to view the signals efficiently.
The device has a math co-processor that speeds front panel operation and a waveform capture rate of up to 100000 wfm/s in normal mode and 400000 wfm/s when in sequence mode. Plus, the unit has an on-screen Bode Plot that allows you to control an independent Siglent SDG instrument or control the USB AWG module, scan the device amplitude and frequency response, and then display that data as a Bode Plot. The web browser control offers fantastic remote troubleshooting and monitoring capabilities. The true measurement and math function can use all the 14 Mpts memory. Besides, the zoom and gate measurement helps avoid measurement errors resulting from extraneous or invalid data.
- Design: the oscilloscope has a bandwidth of 200MHz and a real-time sampling at a rate of 1 Gsa/second making your data accurate.
- Record length: the model has a record length of 14 measurement points allowing you to capture more signals and zoom in to focus on your desired area.
- History mode: thanks to the history mode that allows you to playback the previous data into various memory segments.
- Ideal for beginners: this Siglent model is suitable for beginners since it is easy to use. You will not encounter trouble and complications.
- It comes with a durable cover
- Easy to use
- Captures up to 400k waveforms per second
- Measures using 14M sample points
- Color display
- It sometimes slows down
- 2 channels
- It doesn’t have touch screen technology
2. Rigol DS1202Z-E – Two Channel / 200 MHz Digital Oscilloscope
The Rigol DS1202Z-E delivers uncompromised solutions for today’s engineers since it provides exceptional performance. The device has two channels and a bandwidth of 200MHz for detecting numerous signals. This makes it ideal for a wide range of applications, from education to design. Plus, it has a memory depth of 24Mpoint and a real-time sampling rate of 1GS/s, higher than other oscilloscopes.
The device has a 7-inch TFT display with a high resolution of 800*480 pixels for viewing the signals. It offers a real-time waveform recording of up to 60000 frames. Besides, the unit has a waveform capture rate of up to 30000 wfms/s. Also, the device has a variety of trigger functions.
- Professional design: the device features 2 channels, 200MHz bandwidth, and a real-time sample rate of up to 1 GSa/s, making it greater than other devices.
- USB host: interestingly, you can capture signals and data and transfer the information between devices quickly.
- Trigger functions: with the help of the trigger functions, you can capture and share information accurately. The data is displayed on a 7″ LCD with 800×480 resolution.
- Versatility: it can be used in various fields, including computers, communication, aeroscope, defense, research, and education.
- It has a large memory depth
- High real-time sampling rate
- 200 MHz bandwidth to allow troubleshooting multiple devices
- It has only 2 channels
- No HDMI port
3. Hantek DSO5202P Oscilloscope
Hantek DSO5202P is a user-friendly oscilloscope and one of the best budget oscilloscopes on the market. It has easy-to-use buttons that make it more suitable for starters. It has a compact size and is lightweight; hence you can conveniently carry it wherever you want, unlike many of its rivals. Plus, the USB host and device connectivity features allow you to easily connect this device to your PC or laptop. The device also has two channels and 200MHz bandwidths that can detect various signals without much hassle. Besides, it has a 1GSa/s real-time sample rate that is relatively higher than other standard rates, allowing it to gain trigger signals faster.
Hantek DS05202P has four math functions, including fits standard and software for PC real-time analysis specifications. Thanks to the large 7-inch color display, it enables you to view the readings without much struggle. The device has a record length of up to 40K and multiple automatic measurements for more accuracy. It is also equipped with extra separate controls to the channels for enhanced overall usage convenience.
- Design: the product has 2 channels and 200MHz for accuracy. Plus, it has a real-time sample of up to 1 Ga/s.
- Lightweight and compact design: it weighs about 7.5 pounds making it easy to carry around. It is perfect for education and research and small laboratories.
- Easy to use buttons: you can control the device easily because it has side buttons with 7 buttons and a power button.
- 7-inch screen: it is equipped with an LCD screen with 800* 480 resolutions. It has an instantaneous waveform recording.
- Easy to use
- Stores screenshots on a USB
- It comes with a manual guide
- Some buttons tend to be flimsy
4. RIGOL DS1202Z-E 200 MHz Oscilloscope
RIGOL DS1202Z-E is another 200MHz oscilloscope with remarkable features that meet all your needs. The unit has two channels with probes included and a bandwidth of 200MHz; hence, you can sense many signals with ease. The memory depth of this device is 24 points and a sampling rate of up to 1GS/s. The 7-inch color LCD gives you an easy time to read the signals.
The device offers a capture rate of up to 24 million measurement points and 30000 waveforms per second capture rate. It has a real-time waveform recording with an intensity graded color display. Thanks to USB and Ethernet connectivity, you can easily connect this device to your computer for secondary data analysis. The device is small in size; hence you can easily carry it from one place to another without any hassle.
- Large memory: with this oscilloscope, you can store up to 24 million measurement points. Also, you can zoom in to get more information and scroll within the measurements.
- Sampling rate: it comes with a high sampling rate of up to 1 GSa/s, and large memory allows you to record up to 30,000 wfm/s. It also has a refresh rate of up to 30.000 wfms/s, which enhances the waveform capturing ability.
- Trigger options: the model has multiple trigger options for various uses. They include; Windows, Timeout, RS232/UART, Runt, Nth Edge, Delay, and SPI.
- Large color display: with this device, you can easily read the information displayed on the screen due to its large and color features.
- Easy to use: it is equipped with easy-to-use control panels for all your measuring tasks. The menu navigation comes in several languages.
- Compact size and lightweight
- Easy to use
- It comes with multiple triggers and bus decoding functions
- 7-inch color display
- It stores up to 24 million measurement points
- Features a real-time sample rate of up to 1 GSa/s
- It only has 2 channels
- Noisy fan
5. SIGLENT SDS1204X-E Oscilloscope
SIGLENT SDS1204X-E is designed using a new generation of Super Phosphor Technology oscilloscopes with bandwidth of bandwidth and a real-time sampling rate 1GS/s. Plus, the device has a record length of 14 measurement points. Also, the device supports statistical calculations, math measurement, gating measurement, zoom measurement, ref measurement, and history measurement. The large 7-inch color LCD enables you to read the signals efficiently.
The waveform math functions include addition, subtraction, FFT, division, multiplication, differentiation, integration, and square root. The device has great interfaces such as USB device, USB host, Pass/Fail, LAN, Ext Trigger, and Trigger. The unit also supports multi-language displays and embedded online help. The waveform capture rate of this device is up to 400000 wfms/s, and its trigger modes include slope, edge, window, pulse, interval, runt, pattern, time out, and video. The USB host allows you to connect the unit to your PC or laptop to enhance secondary data analysis.
- Intelligent trigger: this product supports multiple triggering modes. They include Slope, Runt, Edge, Pulse Width, Timeout, and Pattern.
- Color display: the oscilloscope is designed with super phosphor technology. It has multiple signal features with various measurement values that can be displayed completely.
- Advanced math functions: it supports math operations and FFT. The oscilloscope uses complete memory instead of display memory. Besides, the FFT functions use up to 1 million points.
- It is designed with a super phosphor oscilloscope
- Automatic measurement functions
- Waveform math functions, including FFT
- It comes with 7 inch LCD with 800×480 resolution
- Supports multi-language display
- Multiple interfaces
- Low background noise
- Not durable
What to Look for When Choosing 200MHz Oscilloscope
The first thing you need to consider is the bandwidth of your oscilloscope. For accurate data, ensure you choose a device with a maximum frequency range of about 200MHz. To add more, the oscilloscope should be five times the bandwidth.
It is necessary to ensure the bandwidth of the probes, and that of the scope needs to be the same. It also recommended using probes of the same brand to avoid incompatibility and error from occurring. You need to choose a mid-range scope probe with a loading of <10 pF.
Another factor to consider is the sampling rate of the oscilloscope. A quality scope will capture great waveform detail. The sample needs to be fast to prevent losing the data displayed.
You can also choose a device connected to a computer or other devices to export data via USB interfaces. If your oscilloscope has this feature, you can easily share the results.
Choose advanced oscilloscopes which come with extra features to make them versatile. It can be used in multiple fields, including research and education, electronic appliances, and laboratories.
Interfaces are essential when it comes to integrating your device with other things in your work area. First, consider the Ethernet port to take screenshots, waveform data, and measurement results. Another interface to look for is a USB host to make you quickly and easily save data. Finally, the video port allows you to export the data from the screen to a projector.
Ensure you choose a device that allows you to adjust the record length to capture all the data needed for your task. The more time the scope can record, the more detailed the results will be. You can consider a unit that can store over 2000 points.
Depending on your task, you can decide how many channels you need ranging between 2-16 channels. Many channels allow you to view and compare different signals of your waveforms. You can use a mixed-signal oscilloscope to add digital timing channels.
200MHz oscilloscopes are essential to today’s engineers since they help them deliver uncompromised solutions. They detect a wide range of signals for various applications. These 200MHz o-scopes are used in multiple fields such as industrial control and measuring, research, product design, electronic engineering education, academic experiments, and electrical circuit function tests.
The majority of o-scopes 200MHz are inexpensive oscilloscopes, which make them ideal for engineers with a low budget. When purchasing an oscilloscope, consider factors such as sampling rate, bandwidth, waveform update rate, number of channels, accuracy & resolution, rise time, compatible probes, screen quality, memory, and triggering the feature. The above are among the best 200MHz oscilloscopes on the market, get one, and you will never be disappointed.