When it comes to organizing all your things, there is no one correct way of doing it. While there are a few general rules and precautions to take into consideration—like storing in a cool, dark environment—overall, the right bed frame that needs box spring depends on your taste and preference.
These are the picks the pros use, recommended to us by experts.
List of 10 bed frame that needs box spring : Our top picks
1. CASTLEBEDS Vintage Queen Metal Bed Frame with Headboard and Footboard Platform/Wrought Iron/Heavy Duty/Solid Sturdy Metal Slat/Rustic Brown/No Box Spring Needed/Industrial & Farmhouse AMBEE21
- CLASSIC STYLE: Vintage Bed beautifully complements many spaces like room for kids, teenagers, girls, boys, adults. With its antique country Victorian look with a dark brown – bronze color – it becomes a perfect bed frame to have.
- HEAVY DUTY PLATFORM : It is compatible with Memory Foam, Gel, Latex, Spring and Hybrid mattresses. 14 inches high platform foundation is strong and sturdy as steel metal slats are built to last and are strategically placed to prevent mattress sagging. No need to worry about squeaking anymore, as Foam Padding is installed for Noise-Free Sleep.
- MATTRESS NON SLIP STOPPER : Bed Frame has Mattress Anti Skid Protection that helps preventing mattress from sliding. We are thoughtful of our products, and want our customers to experience the best sleep.
- UNDER BED STORAGE : Bed frame has 13 inches of vertical clearance. This gives plenty of space to store anything like beddings, luggage, bins, books, etc.
- SIMPLE ASSEMBLY : Easy to Assemble as we eliminate as many nuts and bolts we can. Metal slats follow Easy Push Assembly design. All hardware is included. No purchase of tools required. Satisfaction Guaranteed.
Additional Info :
2. Hoomic Queen Size Upholstered Panel Bed with Adjustable Headboard, Queen Bed Frame for Box Spring and Mattress, Easy Assembly, Grey
- BOX SPRING NEEDED: This bed frame is designed for use with a box spring and mattress (not included). Recommended total height of mattress and box spring is 14 – 24 inches.
- STYLISH DESIGN: Clean lined simplistic design of this upholstered queen size bed frame and stylish square-stitched upholstered headboard, makes this simple and chic bed frame fit a variety of bedroom decors.
- ADJUSTABLE HEADBOARD: Featured with adjustable high headboard, suitable for most platform bed frames and box spring, you can flexibly adjust its height according to your needs.
- STURDY CONSTRUCTION: Metal side rails for guaranteed stability and durability. ExtracCenter metal legs for added support ensures the 800 lbs weight capacity.
- EASY ASSEMBLY: The bed comes in only 1 box to your home for easier carry. With brief instructions, numbered parts and tools, you can set up this bed in 30 minutes. All parts for making the bed are located in the back of the headboard.
Additional Info :
3. Allewie Queen Size Button Tufted Platform Bed Frame/Fabric Upholstered Bed Frame with Adjustable Headboard/Wood Slat Support/Mattress Foundation/Dark Grey (Queen)
- Stylish and Comfortable: Upholstered linen and tufted button headboard, this classic silhouette match a variety of bedroom styles perfectly. Thick Dense foam padding give you comfort touch.
- Stable and Firm Structure: Interior steel framework with wood slats, no box spring needed, support your mattress firmly.
- Easy assembly: Smartly packed all parts with Insturction and tools in one box. Only takes about 30 minutes to assemble.
- Suitable for all kind of mattress: Fit any kind of mattress, spring, memory foam, latex, or hybrid mattress. 800 lbs weight capativity.
- More Than Satisfying: Our platform beds are expertly engineered to be simple and easy-to-enjoy every single day.
Additional Info :
4. IMUsee 14” Metal Platform Queen Bed Frame with Strong Steel Slats Support / Sufficient Storage Space / Mattress Foundation / No Box Spring Needed / Easy Assembly
- MINIMALIST STYLE: This bed frame has modern, classic and structurally sound foundation, allows an adult move to anywhere easily. Its 14”clearance under-bed space allows you to maximize Space in your small bedroom.
- STURDY CONSTRUCTIONS: With high quality metal materials,the reinforced legs prevent structural twisting. Durable ‘+’ shape steel, sprayed with matte black, can support up to 600 lbs.
- NOISE-FREE DESIGN: Foam seal tapes on the center bearing bar to prevent noise from friction. Protective foot plugs added to the bottom of the supportive feet will never scratch your floor.
- EASY ASSEMBLY: All the required hardware and tools are efficiently packed in a box. It takes 30 mins to complete by following the instructions. (NOTE: Product does not come with a mattress)
- NO BOX SPRING NEEDED: Metal foundations perfectly support and extend the life of your memory foam or mattresses without a box spring. Steel slats are spaced 5.5 inches apart to prevent structural denting and sagging.
Additional Info :
5. DHP Janford Upholstered Platform Bed with Modern Vertical Stitching on Rectangular Headboard, Queen, Gray Linen
- Chic upholstered bed available in grey linen or Black faux Leather
- It features a headboard for added comfort and back support
- Sturdy wood and metal frame construction with center legs for extra support
- Requires foundation
- Assembles quickly
Additional Info :
6. Diolong Metal Bed Frame Vintage Sturdy Queen Size with Headboard and Footboard Mattress Foundation No Box Spring Needed (Queen, Black)
- Sturdy Metal Construction: This queen bed frame is made of heavy-duty metal slats to provide optimum support for your mattress,max support around 350-500 lbs.
- Size & Weight: Queen bed frame size: 83.54” x 60.2” x 43.5” (L x W x H), weight: 58 pounds. Not including the mattress.
- Easy Assembly: all parts are clearly labeled, Everything is included in the package, no additional tools are needed .
- Space: The vintage sturdy bed frame is 13 inches off the floor, which offers sufficient space to store boxes, clothes, toys, quilts, etc.
- After-sales service: 24 hours email reply, (If you need any assistance, please feel free to email us.)
Additional Info :
7. Allewie Queen Size Panel Bed Frame with Adjustable Headboard for High Profile, Fabric Upholstered, Square Stitched Padded Headboard, Box Spring or Bunkie Board Required, Grey
- Box Spring Needed: This panel bed is designed for use with a box spring and mattress (not included). Recommanded combined height of box spring and mattress is 14-24 inches.
- Square-stitched upholstery headboard lets this bed fit a variety of decors.
- All parts for making the bed are located in the headboard, easy assembly.
- Quality advantage: Frame made of high quality metal and wood, sturdy and durable.
- Easy Assembly: All parts for assembling are located in the headboard, hardware tools already included, can be easily finished in 30 minutes by one person.
Additional Info :
8. Phone Holder Bed Gooseneck Mount – Lamicall Cell Phone Clamp Clip for Desk, Flexible Lazy Long Arm Headboard Bedside, Overhead Mount Stand, Compatible with Phone 12 Mini 11 Pro Xs Max XR X 8 7 6 Plus
- 【Upgraded Version】Based on the pain points of similar products “Very shaky. Sag slowly after a period and can’t keep a position for your phone anymore”, the arm of our gooseneck phone holder for bed adopts better materials and design. It has improvements in both stability and durability. Note: the long arm is not a super flexible type, which aims to add stability.
- 【Multipurpose Phone Holder】The gooseneck phone clamp mount is designed to: watch Netflix handsfree while lying in bed or sofa at home, use facetime with families when clipped on the desk, read recipes in the kitchen, taking selfies. And it also can be an overhead phone holder for video recording.
- 【Easy to Install】Featuring the adjustable clamp base varying from 0 to 2.36 inches (6cm), the cell phone clip holder can be securely mounted on the bed frame, bedside, headboard, nightstand, desk, end table and kitchen counter etc. A non-slip silicone base won’t scratch the surface of your furniture.
- 【Stable and Durable】As for the 33.4 inches (85cm) bendable lazy long snake arm, high- quality Aluminum-magnesium alloy solid core makes the lazy arm sturdy enough to hold his phone firmly, yet flexible to bend in any direction to accommodate your view. It will be a lifesaver for protecting you from neck pain.
- 【Support 4-7” Smartphones】The 360-degree phone lazy bracket is compatible with 4-7” devices, namely almost all cell phones, like iPhone 12 13 Pro Max Mini 11 Pro XS Max XS XR X 8 Plus 8 7 Plus 7 6S Plus 6S 6 SE, Galaxy S10e S10+ S10 S9+ S9 S8+ S8 S7 Edge Note 9 8, LG, Moto, Google Pixel, Moto etc.
Additional Info :
9. Rightline Gear Mid Size Short Bed Truck Tent (5′)
- UNIQUE FLOORLESS DESIGN: Cut down on set up time; the Truck Tent’s floorless design allows for set up without removing gear from the bed.
- 1 YEAR MANUFACTURER’S WARRANTY: Shop confidently; our service team is based in the USA & skillfully trained to help you with any questions or concerns.
- QUALITY WEATHERPROOF CONSTRUCTION: Water resistant fabric with tape sealed seams (PU 2000mm) keeps you dry, while the Tent’s heavy duty straps and nylon buckles won’t damage your truck’s finish.
- SLEEP UNDER THE STARS: Sky view vent allows for more light, better views, and ventilation.
- ROOM FOR TWO: All truck tents comfortably sleep (2) adults; turn any spot into a comfortable campsite!
- EASY TO INSTALL: Truck Tent includes color coded poles and pole pockets for quick and easy set up, rainfly, and stuff sack with sewn-in set up guide.
Additional Info :
10. NACHTIMOOR Queen Platform Metal Bed Frame with Headboard and Footboard,Vintage Victorian Style Mattress Foundation, No Box Spring Required, Under Bed Storage, Black..
- 『Classical Design』The bedstead has fashionable appearance. The retro headboard and pedal are in perfect match with other furniture. The four parting slips of panel can prevent the mattress from moving. ( mattress not provided）
- 『Strudy Metal Frame Structure』Method of welding platform structure and using fix screw is adopted in the design. The rubber strip in the middle of bed plays the function of reducing noise and buffering, preventing noise produced by the friction of the steel pole, ensuring you a sound sleep.
- 『Worry-Free Warranty』 Providing five-year warranty, free replacement parts, so that you have no worries.
- 『Easy to Install』 Package that includes all the parts you need and you need not any other tools. It’s very convenient to install（No box spring needed）
- 『Product Size』 About 83.5 “* 61” (long * wide), headboard 43(high),13 inches storage space under the frame, offer more space for you. Maximum support 550-660 lbs.
Additional Info :
Buying Guide to Choose the Best bed frame that needs box spring
bed frame that needs box spring often takes more time to ship because many are assembled to order. Also, some gift baskets can only be shipped and delivered during the week due to the inclusion of perishables. Be sure to check processing and shipping times before ordering to ensure they’ll get there in time. If you’re ordering something that includes more delicate items, like cupcakes, you should be aware that they could get damaged (visually) in transport.
The bed frame that needs box spring come in all shapes and sizes, but you’ll definitely want to read the “What’s Included” list carefully. Some gift baskets are super niche—all cheese or all nuts, for example—and others include a variety of items with a theme—like breakfast treats. Decide whether you’d rather gift someone larger quantities of a favorite food/drink or give them a wide selection to sample.
The boxes tend to be expensive because they include many expertly curated items. If you’re on a budget, look for smaller gift baskets that curate a singular type of item—fruit or chocolate, perhaps. But, if you have a larger budget, you may be able to select a gift basket with a variety of items, including tea, cheese, and other specialty goods. Consider how much you would pay for the individual items in the basket and then factor in the convenience of a pre-packaged selection, the presentation, and the uniqueness of the items (maybe the basket includes specialty items you can’t find easily elsewhere).
Techgearlab started our packability testing by measuring the actual dimensions of every model. They evaluated the diversity of objects they could fit inside and considered the efficiency of their overall size vs. capacity. We jammed them to the brim and then tried to find specific objects buried within. We tested lids and latches, considering their effectiveness and ease of use. We also took into account the optional sizes and colors in which each bin can be purchased.
To test each model’s versatility, we stacked them (if we could) in as many places as possible to see where they work best. We put them on garage shelves and closet tops, sliding them under beds and into cuboid living room shelves. And though the aesthetic appeal of anything is very subjective, we also evaluated their general look and where they’re best suited to “living.”
Testing this metric involved a lot of toting around full bins. We checked handles for placement, comfort, and security. We considered the box’s dimensions for easy carrying downstairs and through doorways. And we scrutinized how gracefully each could handle a load of seriously heavy books.
What Features Should You Look for in a bed frame that needs box spring?
The selection of bins at The Bruins Blog offers convenient features that make storage and organization a breeze. Features include:
- Latching functionality – Add an extra layer of security to contents stowed inside with a latching lid. Enjoy peace of mind that the contents of the bed frame that needs box spring will not spill during transport.
- Decorative embellishments – If your bed frame that needs box spring is going to stay out in the open and be seen by employees or guests, look into the sleek and presentable designs, materials, and colors available at Staples.
- Transparent walls – When you have many identical bed frame that needs box spring in close proximity and need to see the contents inside, look for boxes with transparent walls. The clear plastic construction makes it easier to find supplies without removing everything first.
- Collapsible construction – Collapsible boxes fold up for compact storage when not in use. When you have intermittent storage needs, these boxes can be easily hidden away without taking up much space at all.
- Open-top design – When you require constant and quick access to the contents inside, look or open-top storage bins. These boxes have no lids, but what they sacrifice in security they make up in sheer convenience.
- Locking mechanism – Some bed frame that needs box spring contain locking mechanisms for secure storage of private or sensitive documents and materials.
- Soft material – For storing kids’ toys or pet toys, storage boxes made from fabric and other soft materials have no hard or sharp edges.
- Airtight lid – Airtight options are great for keeping contents from oxidizing, from old documents or belongings to perishables like snacks for the office.
- Handles – Small and medium boxes that will be moved around often benefit from handles for easy transport.
- Wheels – Some larger bins and totes feature smooth-rolling casters for easy mobility so you can rearrange the storage containers at will with no lifting necessary.
- Stackable – Store multiple bins easily, neatly, and efficiently with boxes that feature flat bottoms or notches that fit into indents in sister storage bins.
What to Consider to buy bed frame that needs box spring
Before you choose a bed frame that needs box spring for storing or moving your belongings, you’ll want to consider these factors:
- What will you be storing? Are the items fragile or easily broken? Will the contents easily absorb odors? How valuable are these items?
- Where will you be storing this stuff? Will you be storing inside your home in a closet where your stuff will stay cool and dry or inside your garage or attic, where they might be exposed to high temps and humidity? Do you plan to use an indoor storage unit, which can offer good protection against the elements?
- How long will you be storing? Will this be temporary storage that’s part of a move or remodeling project or long-term storage?
- How often will you need access? Will you be using these items occasionally, so you’d want easier access than something used just once a year or less?
Once you’re clear about these factors, you’re ready to consider the different types of storage boxes. While these range in price and quality, it’s important to choose boxes or containers that are appropriate for specific use.