Top 10 backyard planter box : Buying in 2022
1. Best Choice Products 48x24x30in Raised Garden Bed, Elevated Wood Planter Box Stand for Backyard, Patio, Balcony w/Bed Liner, 200lb Capacity
- LARGE PLANTING SPACE: Designed with a long bed space (SKY2383 5 CuFt/ SKY6377 2.65 CuFT) deep enough to provide your plants and vegetables with ample room to breathe and grow healthy
- PROPER DRAINAGE: Allows excess water to drain out, keeping soil fresh and protecting plants from waterlogging or mineral buildup
- ALL-WOOD CONSTRUCTION: Naturally durable Chinese fir wood provides a water- and weather-resistant structure that discourage warps and sagging over time
- ERGONOMIC HEIGHT: The 30-inch tall design reduces excessive bending and kneeling to help preserve your back and knees as you tend to your balcony, deck, or patio garden
- RAISED GARDEN BED LINER: Separates wood from the soil, keeping the wooden garden planter in excellent condition and discouraging weeds and animals from interfering with plant growth; (Note: Only available for SKY2383 & SKY6377); OVERALL DIMENSIONS: 48.5″(L) x 23″(W) x 30″(H); Weight Capacity: 200 lbs.
Additional Info :
2. Gardener’s Supply Company Raised Garden Bed Elevated Cedar Planter Box | 2′ x 8′ Heavy Duty Standing Garden Planters for Outdoor Plant Vegetables & Flower Gardening Perfect for Patio, Lawn & Backyard
- PRODUCT DETAILS: Made from a beautiful naturally rot-resistant cedar lumber with heavy duty rustproof aluminum legs and corners that can hold approximately 13 cubic feet (340 dry quarts) of container mix. At 29″ high, this attractive planter is the perfect height for easy growing, eliminating the need to stoop, bend, kneel and reach. Perfect for your deck, patio or backyard.
- BEST USE FOR: Perfect Bed Planters to grow your own organic Vegetables, Fruits and Flowers. Our Planter Raised Bed has an overall size of 96″ L x 24″ W x 29″ H, 10 inches deep and 16 square feet of growing space to accommodate and grow your favorite plants, herbs and vegetables organically. Perfect gardening box for your greenhouse and garden.
- HIGH QUALITY: MADE IN THE USA. Our Heavy Duty Patio Planter Bed is innovatively design to cater your gardening needs and solve problems for people with backache/knee pain to easily manage the plants without bending down low with its ergonomic height design. Built with high quality cedar wood paired with heavy duty rust proof metal stand and corner to ensure stability and built to last.
- EASY TO USE: Our Planter Raised Bed is easy to maintain and can be assemble in few minutes. Simply attached the wood in the metal stand and secured with the screws included. Easy Install and can be disassembled for off-season storage. SPECIAL BONUS – Includes free planting guide”
- GARDEN TESTED & GUARANTEED: Every purchase you make is 100% guaranteed. We will exchange or refund your purchase for any product that is not what you expected or does not work as described during its lifetime.
Additional Info :
3. 8x4x2ft Galvanized Metal Raised Garden Bed for Vegetables, Outdoor Garden Raised Planter Box, Backyard Patio Planter Raised Beds for Flowers, Herbs, Fruits
- 【More Spacious Planting Space】: This plant bed measure is 94.5″L x 47.2″W x 23.6″H. This large flower planter box provide ample growing space to raise vegetables, herbs, flowers and plants. 23.6 inches depth gives enough capacity to hold soil.
- 【Durable Galvanized Steel Planter Box】: The planter raised beds with anti-rust coating allow to expose to sun, rain, snow and so on for a long time. Thickened steel and reinforced corners that allows it to support the weight of the garden bed itself, soil and plants.
- 【Safety & Stabilizing】: Galvanized steel garden bed has eco-friendly coating do not contaminate soil, so you can grow food safely and with confidence. The inner steel stabilizing upport bars help the metal panels retain their shape, preventing warping and soil leakage over time.
- 【Perfect Planting Choice】: This metal raised garden bed is bottomless designed, making the roots of plants can extend freely and allows excess moisture to easily drain away. It is ideal for plant vegetables, herbs, plants, succulents and flowers.
- 【Easy to Assemble】: This garden box has simple structure, we will provide clear instructions and required hardware to shorten your assembly time. The garden bed with ground nails, make the planting box more stable.
Additional Info :
4. Outsunny 32” x 24” x 29” Raised Garden Bed, Metal Legs Elevated Planter Box for Backyard, Patio to Grow Vegetables, Herbs, and Flowers
- METAL LEGS: Our elevated garden planters is made of solid wood and steel legs, with high strength and high stability, and this elevated planter box with legs can support the weight of the soil to a greater extent and can be used outdoor or indoor for a long time
- LARGE SPACE: The large capacity of this elevated garden bed provides enough space for your plants to grow. Plant stand creates plenty of diverse options to which can perfectly satisfy your diverse planting ideas
- COMFORTABLE HEIGHT: At 17.25” tall, this raised garden bed with legs allows gardening at a comfortable height. You’ll never have to bend over or stoop down to tend to your flowers, plants, and vegetables
- INNER BAG INCLUDED: This raised planter box is built with non-woven fabric material that provides airflow throughout the soil and prevents soil erosion
- RAISED GARDEN BOX DIMENSION: Overall Dimensions: 31.5″L x 23.5″W x 29.25″H, Planting Area: 30.25″L x 22.5″W x 10.75″H, Weight Capacity: 264lbs
Additional Info :
5. Outsunny Raised Garden Bed Set of 3, Elevated Wood Planter Box with Legs and Bed Liner for Backyard and Patio to Grow Vegetables, Herbs, and Flowers, Natural
- SET OF 3: 3 piece planters for outdoor plants of different sizes provides ample growing space and fits your different planting demands. You can also combine them into different shape or use separately.
- COMFORTABLE HEIGHT: At 2′ and 2.8′ tall respectively, this raised garden box set allows gardening at a comfortable height. You’ll never have to bend over or stoop down to tend to your flowers, plants, and vegetables.
- DURABLE & STABLE: Made with quality fir wood for stability and durability, our planter raised bed is super strong to support your plants. The smooth surface is special treated, ideal for using outdoors in the elements.
- VERSATILE USE: Grow a wide-variety of your favorite plants, vegetables, herbs, flowers and more with greater ease than ever before by using our raised beds for gardening. And the bottom of the garden planter has a non-woven fabric to help prevent soil erosion.
- DIMENSION: Overall Dimensions: 19.75″L x 19.75″W x 33.75″H (tall), 39.25″L x 19.75″W x 23.5″H (short). Weight Capacity: 220lbs(short), 110lbs(tall). Assembly required.
Additional Info :
6. GRAFFY U-Shaped Raised Garden Bed, Wood Elevated Planter Box, Garden Container for Vegetable Flower, Outdoor Planting Bed for Grass Lawn Patio Backyard
- Free Combination for Different Needs: Our raised garden bed has four-sides corner leg to link the boards, you can flexibly combine them or use them individually to create your own small garden. If desired, you can remove the baffle for a larger planting area.
- Strong and Durable Fir Wood: Our raised garden planting bed is made of selected fir wood, which is not prone to cracking and warping, and can serve you for a long time. In addition, solid wood has a strong and stable structure that can support the weight of soil and plants.
- Spacious Planting Space: This raised garden bed includes 5 planting containers that give you plenty of room to grow your plants and flowers. In addition, the design of the compartments is convenient for you to manage different kinds of flowers and plants, which is more beautiful.
- Versatile Use: With a rustic and natural appearance, our garden planting bed can perfectly decorate your home. Besides being decorative, it is also very practical, you can grow fruits, vegetables, herbs and other plants.
- Easy to Assemble: You just need to connect the boards to the corner feet separately, and you can complete the installation in a short time. In addition, each part has a corresponding serial number, so you don’t have to worry about time-consuming assembly.
- is assembly required: True
- item weight: 46.5 pounds
Additional Info :
7. Best Choice Products 57x20x33in Mobile Raised Garden Bed Elevated Wood Planter Box Stand for Backyard, Patio w/Folding Side Tables, Locking Wheels – Brown
- FOLDABLE SIDE TABLES: Pull your planter’s sides out to extend your workspace and hold tools, supplies, or potted plants; then easily fold them down to save space when not in use
- EASY MOBILITY: Built with a set of optional locking wheels to move the planter from place to place and capture the right amounts of sun & shade
- MULTIPURPOSE STORAGE: Get the most out of your planting and storage space thanks to the large bed with a built-in shelf for your favorite garden accessories
- 4 DRAINAGE HOLES: Designed with built-in gaps and 4 drainage holes to allow excess water to drain out, keeping soil fresh and preventing root breakdown from the overwatering of plants
- PRE-STAINED FINISH: This planter bed is designed with a beautiful, pre-stained finish, making it an ideal complementary addition to your garden; OVERALL DIMENSIONS (extended): 57″(L) x 20.5″(W) x 33″(H); BOX WEIGHT CAPACITY: 100 lbs.
Additional Info :
8. Raised Garden Bed with Legs, Ohuhu Elevated Wood Planter Box with Storage Shelf & Bed Liner, 35x16x32 Inch Raised Beds Outdoor Indoor Planters Stand for Vegetables Flowers Herbs Backyard Patio Balcony
- Premium Craftsmanship: Made of natural wood, the Ohuhu Elevated Wood Planter is non-paint, solid and durable, providing adequate space for your plants as well as vegetables and keeping out the hassle of weeds and pets!
- Ultimate User-friendly: Go easy on your back and knees! Measured 82cm/32” high, this raised garden bed allows you to have a comfortable gardening experience without bending your knees and lower back!
- Drainage Gaps: Too much water in the soil makes your planting go south! That’s why we’ve crafted our planter with drainage gaps to prevent your plants from getting waterlogged or rotten and keep the soil fresh without excessive mineral buildup.
- Bonus Non-woven Liner: Keep your planter in tip-top shape! Thanks to the included non-woven liner, the soil and the wooden frame are separated, making the wood planter free of erosion and last effortlessly for years to come!
- Two-layer Design: Two is better than one! Coming with 2 layers, this double-layer planter can hold your plants and your garden tools as well, keeping your yard, garden, greenhouse nice and tidy.
Additional Info :
9. Kingsley Park Atherton Raised Planter Box | Large Outdoor Planter | Classic White
- Simplified Plant Care: Outdoor planter box features removable trays to make arrangement and care of herbs, plants, greenery, and planter-friendly garden vegetables easy.
- Maintenance Free: High-quality resin ensures Kingsley Park planter boxes never need sanded, stained, or painted.
- Durable Construction: No chipping, splintering, rust, or tarnishing thanks to our high-quality resin and semi-gloss finish.
- Easy Assembly: Do-it-yourself assembly of just four panels with a few common tools (tools not included).
Additional Info :
10. [Quick Install] Aveyas Mobile Metal Raised Garden Bed Cart with Legs & Wheels, Elevated Tall Planter Box with Lower Shelf for Outdoor Indoor Home Patio Backyard Vegetables Tomato Herb DIY (Black)
- 【Quick Install】One-piece molding,Assembly time is 5-10 minutes. Others Usually take 30+ minutes which assembled from multiple pieces of metal.
- 【Unique AYD+ Drainage System】To 100% prevent waterlogged soil and root rot, Aveyas developed the AYD+ drainage system to create extra layer space in the planting groove, excess water will flow to the anti-soaking layer.
- 【Widely Used】It can be used indoors and outdoors, garden, backyard, balconies, courtyards, patio, porch and other places, and can grow peppers tomatoes, lettuce, beets, green onion, mint, strawberries, herbs, flowers, and other fruit & vegetables plants.
- 【More Advantages】Ergonomic height at waist level design removes the need for bending or kneeling, preserving your back and knees. To move easily over dense grass and stone paths, Aveyas are equipped with 2 large and sturdy wheels.With large space storage rack, can store gardening tools and flower pots.
- 【Enamel Coating】The enamel coating can prevent the metal from getting hot in summer. The surface has a food grade coating, you can place plants directly in the cart without plant liner.
Additional Info :
Buying Guide to Choose the Best backyard planter box
backyard planter box often takes more time to ship because many are assembled to order. Also, some gift baskets can only be shipped and delivered during the week due to the inclusion of perishables. Be sure to check processing and shipping times before ordering to ensure they’ll get there in time. If you’re ordering something that includes more delicate items, like cupcakes, you should be aware that they could get damaged (visually) in transport.
The backyard planter box come in all shapes and sizes, but you’ll definitely want to read the “What’s Included” list carefully. Some gift baskets are super niche—all cheese or all nuts, for example—and others include a variety of items with a theme—like breakfast treats. Decide whether you’d rather gift someone larger quantities of a favorite food/drink or give them a wide selection to sample.
The boxes tend to be expensive because they include many expertly curated items. If you’re on a budget, look for smaller gift baskets that curate a singular type of item—fruit or chocolate, perhaps. But, if you have a larger budget, you may be able to select a gift basket with a variety of items, including tea, cheese, and other specialty goods. Consider how much you would pay for the individual items in the basket and then factor in the convenience of a pre-packaged selection, the presentation, and the uniqueness of the items (maybe the basket includes specialty items you can’t find easily elsewhere).
Techgearlab started our packability testing by measuring the actual dimensions of every model. They evaluated the diversity of objects they could fit inside and considered the efficiency of their overall size vs. capacity. We jammed them to the brim and then tried to find specific objects buried within. We tested lids and latches, considering their effectiveness and ease of use. We also took into account the optional sizes and colors in which each bin can be purchased.
To test each model’s versatility, we stacked them (if we could) in as many places as possible to see where they work best. We put them on garage shelves and closet tops, sliding them under beds and into cuboid living room shelves. And though the aesthetic appeal of anything is very subjective, we also evaluated their general look and where they’re best suited to “living.”
Testing this metric involved a lot of toting around full bins. We checked handles for placement, comfort, and security. We considered the box’s dimensions for easy carrying downstairs and through doorways. And we scrutinized how gracefully each could handle a load of seriously heavy books.
What Features Should You Look for in a backyard planter box?
The selection of bins at The Bruins Blog offers convenient features that make storage and organization a breeze. Features include:
- Latching functionality – Add an extra layer of security to contents stowed inside with a latching lid. Enjoy peace of mind that the contents of the backyard planter box will not spill during transport.
- Decorative embellishments – If your backyard planter box is going to stay out in the open and be seen by employees or guests, look into the sleek and presentable designs, materials, and colors available at Staples.
- Transparent walls – When you have many identical backyard planter box in close proximity and need to see the contents inside, look for boxes with transparent walls. The clear plastic construction makes it easier to find supplies without removing everything first.
- Collapsible construction – Collapsible boxes fold up for compact storage when not in use. When you have intermittent storage needs, these boxes can be easily hidden away without taking up much space at all.
- Open-top design – When you require constant and quick access to the contents inside, look or open-top storage bins. These boxes have no lids, but what they sacrifice in security they make up in sheer convenience.
- Locking mechanism – Some backyard planter box contain locking mechanisms for secure storage of private or sensitive documents and materials.
- Soft material – For storing kids’ toys or pet toys, storage boxes made from fabric and other soft materials have no hard or sharp edges.
- Airtight lid – Airtight options are great for keeping contents from oxidizing, from old documents or belongings to perishables like snacks for the office.
- Handles – Small and medium boxes that will be moved around often benefit from handles for easy transport.
- Wheels – Some larger bins and totes feature smooth-rolling casters for easy mobility so you can rearrange the storage containers at will with no lifting necessary.
- Stackable – Store multiple bins easily, neatly, and efficiently with boxes that feature flat bottoms or notches that fit into indents in sister storage bins.
MATCH THE backyard planter box TO THE USE
Before you choose a backyard planter box for storing or moving your belongings, you’ll want to consider these factors:
- What will you be storing? Are the items fragile or easily broken? Will the contents easily absorb odors? How valuable are these items?
- Where will you be storing this stuff? Will you be storing inside your home in a closet where your stuff will stay cool and dry or inside your garage or attic, where they might be exposed to high temps and humidity? Do you plan to use an indoor storage unit, which can offer good protection against the elements?
- How long will you be storing? Will this be temporary storage that’s part of a move or remodeling project or long-term storage?
- How often will you need access? Will you be using these items occasionally, so you’d want easier access than something used just once a year or less?
Once you’re clear about these factors, you’re ready to consider the different types of storage boxes. While these range in price and quality, it’s important to choose boxes or containers that are appropriate for specific use.